PDA

View Full Version : 'Fess up! Which one of you was it?

georgiapeach
09-19-2008, 04:43 AM
A snip from an Article on Yahoo news:

"McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, joined him in Cedar Rapids and drew some of the biggest cheers with her stump remarks. She fumbled a bit at the start when she said it was good to be in "Grand Rapids" — the Michigan city they'd just flown in from.

Their speeches were repeatedly interrupted by protesters who were dragged away screaming while the audience broke into chants of "USA, USA," and "We Will Win, We Will Win.""

Ahahaha!!!!!:D
Seriously, I hope nobody got hurt. It just cracks me up to see them pulling the chant cue cards out again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080919/ap_on_el_pr/mccain;_ylt=Aqvsy2LWmBrPkTDIAQDz_ISs0NUE

Wasn't McCain saying the other day that the economy is fine? 'Cuz he sure is singing a different toon now.

Bman
09-19-2008, 04:52 AM
McLame and Palin are idiots. I wish I could claim responsibility.

libertythor
09-19-2008, 05:22 AM
LOL I wish I was able to say that it was me.

Sematary
09-19-2008, 05:54 AM
How can people continually watch the two buffoons spew their drivel back and forth and not understand that neither of them has a clue?

brunner
09-19-2008, 06:49 AM
How can people continually watch the two buffoons spew their drivel back and forth and not understand that neither of them has a clue?

What do you mean "how"? Are you aware of a phenomenon known as public schooling?

You see, the government setup schools and then made it illegal not to attend.

At said schools, a very, very biased version of history is taught, as well as blind nationalism and faith in the state.

After about twelve years, one is ready to "spew their drivel back and forth and not understand that neither of them has a clue".

Feelgood
09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Probably part of that crazy 10% that scares the crap out of Glenn Beck. :D

Kade
09-19-2008, 09:12 AM
It was NOW. (They just learned about the Rape Kits)

EndTheFed
09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
McLame and Palin are idiots. I wish I could claim responsibility.

This is the exact kind thing that puts a black eye on the movement...

This ailenates people... it does NOTHING to bring them in

berrybunches
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM

I also think protesting at events does more harm than good.

durden0
09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Sometimes, it may draw in some people, and alienate others. There are other people in the movement that are closer to the republican base who will be able to sway those now in the trance of mccain/palin.

While I have to sometimes agree our extremism turns the majority off, it will grab the attention of some.

Each of us has our role to play, whether it be to bring in those in the far left who protest war, or those that bring in middle america with reason, determination, and education.

EndTheFed
09-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Sometimes, it may draw in some people, and alienate others. There are other people in the movement that are closer to the republican base who will be able to sway those now in the trance of mccain/palin.

While I have to sometimes agree our extremism turns the majority off, it will grab the attention of some.

Each of us has our role to play, whether it be to bring in those in the far left who protest war, or those that bring in middle america with reason, determination, and education.

In my experiance, it is much harder to win people over once you have pissed them off

HOLLYWOOD
09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
A snip from an Article on Yahoo news:

"McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, joined him in Cedar Rapids and drew some of the biggest cheers with her stump remarks. She fumbled a bit at the start when she said it was good to be in "Grand Rapids" — the Michigan city they'd just flown in from.

Their speeches were repeatedly interrupted by protesters who were dragged away screaming while the audience broke into chants of "USA, USA," and "We Will Win, We Will Win.""

Ahahaha!!!!!:D
Seriously, I hope nobody got hurt. It just cracks me up to see them pulling the chant cue cards out again.

Love the Staged rallies... the free posters, banners, American Flags.

What would be good is for some RON PAUL supporters to get there very early... video tape the pre-neocon party prepping their staged event.

See what PAID organizations show up and what they plan. The distributors of the GOP propaganda, and Media's roll in it all.

See if the Chanters are the same clowns yakkin USA, USA,... yotta yotta

MSM probaly won't ever cover this... then need a race, ut it shows you, they are part of the problem.

Look for the MSM to cover this AFTER the landslide failure of Pandering Palin & Juan McLieberman. Damn Palin is the prefect politician
for the American moronic voters... Stupid is, what Stupid Does... the song AMerican Woman, should be changed to American Moron, when Palin/McCain speak. "American Moron... Stay away from Meeeeee!"

Gesus, I fell were all in a 3D SCIFI horror movie, that your pick; Fahrenheit 451, Clockwork Orange, Matrix... :rolleyes:

Cinderella
09-19-2008, 10:33 AM
it was me :)

georgiapeach
09-19-2008, 10:40 AM
It was NOW. (They just learned about the Rape Kits)

Yeah, the rape kit thing is well worth being mad about. :mad:

Bman
09-19-2008, 07:00 PM
In my experiance, it is much harder to win people over once you have pissed them off

If speaking truth form your heart pisses people off well then so be it.

In my experience simply talking to ignorant people doesn't work. You really got to let them know they are wrong. Because if you haven't noticed some of us did start off by talking and we were called loons and kooks. Well now that the clock is striking our hour, it's time to let them know with some hard medicine.

EndTheFed
09-20-2008, 11:12 PM
If speaking truth form your heart pisses people off well then so be it.

In my experience simply talking to ignorant people doesn't work. You really got to let them know they are wrong. Because if you haven't noticed some of us did start off by talking and we were called loons and kooks. Well now that the clock is striking our hour, it's time to let them know with some hard medicine.

You must not have very much experience then...

Bman
09-20-2008, 11:22 PM
You must not have very much experience then...

How rich. The guy who runs back into the fire after get burnt for the past score tells me I'm clueless. Rock on. You've proven nothing.

EndTheFed
09-20-2008, 11:51 PM
How rich. The guy who runs back into the fire after get burnt for the past score tells me I'm clueless. Rock on. You've proven nothing.

into the fire after getting burnt...? Hmmm not sure where you get that..

I do have a job.... can't be on this forum all the time...

Bman
09-20-2008, 11:56 PM
into the fire after getting burnt...? Hmmm not sure where you get that..

I do have a job.... can't be on this forum all the time...

It wasn't a comment on your employment status. It was a comment on your well known voting stance.

Check Einsteins quote on defining insanity.

EndTheFed
09-21-2008, 12:01 AM
It wasn't a comment on your employment status. It was a comment on your well known voting stance.

Check Einsteins quote on defining insanity.

"I refuse to engage myself in a battle of wits with a man who is unarmed."
-- Attributed to Mark Twain

RickyJ
09-21-2008, 12:04 AM

Right. I am sure these protesters were for Obama and not Ron Paul.

Ron Paul people are some of the best people I have ever met. :)

EndTheFed
09-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Right. I am sure these protesters were for Obama and not Ron Paul.

Ron Paul people are some of the best people I have ever met. :)

I would agree that MOST are but some like the sean hanity snowball affair were RP supporter and it gave us a BIG black eye.

Bman
09-21-2008, 12:15 AM
"I refuse to engage myself in a battle of wits with a man who is unarmed."
-- Attributed to Mark Twain

LOL. Way to go. You've yet to make a valid point on anything. And you want to paint me as the lesser intellect. What would you suggest from here? Maybe going to a mensa office and taking the test for membership? We could post the results. For starters were you even capable of getting into a college? I'd hope so if you want to continue down this path.

EndTheFed
09-21-2008, 12:41 AM
LOL. Way to go. You've yet to make a valid point on anything. And you want to paint me as the lesser intellect. What would you suggest from here? Maybe going to a mensa office and taking the test for membership? We could post the results. For starters were you even capable of getting into a college? I'd hope so if you want to continue down this path.

You and I have gone round and round... I do not have the time to continue the discussion if all that is going to happen is as follows:

1) discussion comes up.
2) I make some point.
3) you come back and say I havent made a point.
4) I try to have a resonable discussion with you.
5) You come back with some be littleing comment

etc, etc..

for the record, I did go to a university of north alabama and I also went to university of alabama in Huntsville which is one of the best engineering schools in the southeast.. Ive been a computer programmer for 27 years.. on the side, I love keeping up with field of physics and quantam physics and how they seem to
back up my Christian faith. I also like to follow the developments of string theory...

As far as MENSA tests i would not say I'm MENSA material (although my uncle is a long time member of MENSA) but I do ok on IQ test... certainly above average.

No i have no desire to get into a pissing contest.

Please get your fingers out of your ears and try to have a conversation where you can learn something too.. or are you above that?

The record is clear.. if anyone is interested read the thread below. It has the entire conversation

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027

Bman
09-21-2008, 01:06 AM
You and I have gone round and round... I do not have the time to continue the discussion if all that is going to happen is as follows:

1) discussion comes up.
2) I make some point.
3) you come back and say I havent made a point.
4) I try to have a resonable discussion with you.
5) You come back with some be littleing comment

etc, etc..

for the record, I did go to a university of north alabama and I also went to university of alabama in Huntsville which is one of the best engineering schools in the southeast.. Ive been a computer programmer for 27 years.. on the side, I love keeping up with field of physics and quantam physics and how they seem to
back up my Christian faith. I also like to follow the developments of string theory...

As far as MENSA tests i would not say I'm MENSA material (although my uncle is a long time member of MENSA) but is do ok on IQ test... certainly above average.

No i have no desire to get into a pissing contest.

Plese get your fingers out of your ears and try to have a conversation where you can learn something too.. or are you above that?

The record is clear.. if anyone is interested read the thread below. It has the entire conversation

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027

Fair enough, i apologize, I can't say you are unreasonable. But why come on here and try to get votes for McCain. In all honesty that is my problem with you. You will say that you are not trying to get votes for McCain, but why else come here and say why you are voting for McCain?

Keep in mind. It is not that you are voting for McCain that has brought about my frustration. It's the fact that you come on hear and announce it in what could easily be percieved as a rallying point no matter what you say on your intent.

My second point between me and you has been how you think Palin is similar to Ron Paul. You have given me nothing on this which has made me take stabs in the dark as to why you are trying to tie her to the liberty movement. Again it would seem you are trying to take people away from objectives of the liberty movement. Maybe we are both just to outspoken to get along nicely.

EndTheFed
09-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Fair enough, i apologize, I can't say you are unreasonable. But why come on here and try to get votes for McCain. In all honesty that is my problem with you. You will say that you are not trying to get votes for McCain, but why else come here and say why you are voting for McCain?

Keep in mind. It is not that you are voting for McCain that has brought about my frustration. It's the fact that you come on hear and announce it in what could easily be percieved as a rallying point no matter what you say on your intent.

My second point between me and you has been how you think Palin is similar to Ron Paul. You have given me nothing on this which has made me take stabs in the dark as to why you are trying to tie her to the liberty movement. Again it would seem you are trying to take people away from objectives of the liberty movement. Maybe we are both just to outspoken to get along nicely.

Ok... My wife and I were / are very involved with the Liberty/RP movement and our meetup group. We canvassed and sign waved throughout. My wife our precint captain for RP. Like RP we dearly love this country, and still believe it is the greatest country on earth even with its flaws (IRS/Fed/War). After looking at the current situation we have concluded that obama could do much damage that could potentually be VERY difficut to undo and could be VERY harmful to the liberty movement.

When I started the thread, It was about tolerance and catching more flies with honey that with vinigar. It was not about mccain or gathering votes for mccain.
All the mccain stuff has been in response to the vitriole poured out on me once o mentioned voting for mccain. I did not realize metioning that was such a sin :) ...

As far as Palin goes, I am not trying to link her to the liberty movement or say she is like RP but the people of Alaska were a big supporters of RP. As Govenor I'm sure she was aware of what was going on in her state as far as RP was concerned. We know, according to the video i referenced in the former posts that she thinks he's a good guy and supports his independence. According to reports Todd Palin has voted independent and it would be unlikely she is not aware of some of the issues. If she really spoke out against her own party and corruption, we will need that type of person in DC. Maybe maybe not.. that remains to be seen

Malakai
09-21-2008, 08:37 AM
What do you mean "how"? Are you aware of a phenomenon known as public schooling?

You see, the government setup schools and then made it illegal not to attend.

At said schools, a very, very biased version of history is taught, as well as blind nationalism and faith in the state.

After about twelve years, one is ready to "spew their drivel back and forth and not understand that neither of them has a clue".

Dropping out early -> studying on your own -> GED -> College FTW

I was in 10th grade when I figured out high school was bullshit =) I wish I had been like that kid who writes for lewrockwell, gotten my libertarian on back then, it would have been fun!