PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on The Daily Show June 4th

DjLoTi
05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20031021/dailyshow-default/20070330

yes yes get excited!!! This'll be a great one-two with Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert

OOhhhh yeahhh!!!! Get ready to pull in some numbers ppl!!!

Bradley in DC
05-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Very excellent!

Coincidence? This is the night before the next Republican Presidential debate!!!

CurtisLow
05-28-2007, 02:13 PM
That will get his name out there. very cool!

winston_blade
05-28-2007, 02:20 PM
This is great news and great timing. I think Jon will agree quite a bit with Ron Paul.

UtahApocalypse
05-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Slight problem:

Monday Jun 4
Ron Paul- Congressman (R-TX) Libertarian Candidate

That is NOT correct.

winston_blade
05-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Slight problem:

Monday Jun 4

That is NOT correct.

Yeah they should correct that, but they will announce him as a Republican candidate on the show.

ksuguy
05-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Slight problem:

Monday Jun 4

That is NOT correct.

That is probably the fault of the Canadian tv listing people, not the DailyShow.

Seth M.
05-28-2007, 02:34 PM
I saw that anomaly also... youd be amazed how many people equate liberal to libertarian... Not good nor bad.. im sure his title will be correct during the show though. I cant wait to see Ron Paul in the seat of heat.. I sent the Daily Show an email weeks ago to get Ron on! Im so glad this is going to occur. Ron can laugh and be serious when needed this show will be great! :)

stare-decisis
05-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up

llamabread
05-28-2007, 06:33 PM
This is great. It will generate alot of buzz right before the debate, and then as the attention from the debate starts to where off, he's on Colbert on June 13! Get ready for another interesting 36 hours between June 4 and 5.

AlexAmore
05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
June 4th is probably the BEST possible day for this to happen. It will be a day after the Democrats debate and a lot of Dems will be watching the Daily Show on the 4th to see Jon Stewarts take on the whole thing. Then they will see Ron Paul talking and that will let them watch the Republican debate with eye out for Ron Paul!

w00t! :D

This might mean Jon Stewart supports Ron Paul!

angelatc
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, I hope the audience members don't hate him as much as their regular forum members do.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/message_board.jhtml?c=tl

ThePieSwindler
05-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, I hope the audience members don't hate him as much as their regular forum members do.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/message_board.jhtml?c=tl

The "hatred" of ron paul on there just seems to be a bunch of trolls. I'm reading through it now and i dont see one articulate position about why they dislike him, just FUCK YOU RON PAUL EAT SHIT type drivel.

Seth M.
05-28-2007, 10:13 PM
reading through there also.. id comment but i dont want to fan any fire...

It seems there are so many people addicted to the feds.. i mean when they hear Ron say end the war on drugs they instantly think that there will be meth sold at the bus stop. I dont get it.. why are people so bent on the Federal Govt controlling everything? Where does it say Ron wants meth to be sold anywhere... how about let the State determine its own laws. If its not in the Constitution, ie a power granted to the government then it is reserved for the state and or citizen. How hard is that to swallow?

am i lost?

ronpaulitician
05-28-2007, 10:17 PM
If I had been a regular Daily Show forum member, and not a Ron Paul supporter, I would've been fed up with Ron Paul too.

Spamming messageboards like that is not going to help Dr. Paul's cause. He was not invited onto the Daily Show because of the posts in the forum.

To overcome the hurdle of the mainstream media's lack of coverage (can you really blame them if Paul keeps polling around 1% in the polls that the media has used for years?), we can go vote in online polls, call in to radio stations, write letters to newspapers, put bumper stickers on our cars, hand out fliers, talk to people at work about Ron Paul, etc.

Yes, you can even go to messageboards and try to inform posters about Ron Paul. But spamming messageboards is only going to backfire. I think about half of the threads on the first page are about Ron Paul (either pro or con).

Create one Ron Paul thread (or find one that was already started by someone else) and keep your discussions about Ron Paul reserved to that thread. How would you like it if someone stood outside your house with a bullhorn, screaming "Giuliani! Giuliani!"

"Blowback" is not reserved to the Middle East. It applies to the internet as well. Any positive results we're getting from exposure will be quickly undone if the majority of online users start seeing Ron Paul supporters as spamming fanatics. You think getting 50,000 positive votes in an online poll for Ron Paul means anything? Wait till the online community decides to give Ron Paul some payback. It wouldn't take too much for some of the spammed communities to get behind an organized effort to vote en masse for Giuliani or Romney, or even one of the other second-tier candidates. Then where does that leave us?

If you're one of the RP supporters that spam sites like this, stop it.
If you see another RP supporter spamming a site like this, gently remind them to remember to be polite and not spam someone else's online community. If they don't listen, apologize on behalf of Ron Paul to that particular forum for the behavior of that particular RP poster.

Bradley in DC
05-28-2007, 10:17 PM
This is great news and great timing. I think Jon will agree quite a bit with Ron Paul.

Yes, until he's competing with the Democratic nominee!

surf
05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
i've posted this before, but i remember Jon describing himself as an "uptown libertarian." he rips on the ds hard now - as well as the rs. i think it will be a very friendly atmosphere. i'm excited. i wouldn't be surprised at all if the atmoshpere on the boards changes following the show.

ksuguy
05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Spamming messageboards like that is not going to help Dr. Paul's cause. He was not invited onto the Daily Show because of the posts in the forum.

I agree. I would try and keep it low key. Try to find a pre existing post about politics and bring it up there. Give a few links to some youtube videos, this forum, etc. and be civil.

Also try and stick to forums where you are an established member or where you have an interest in the subject. People hate it when someone joins a forum just to spam them with advertising.