PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff a Potential Future Liberty Candidate/Leader?

nbruno322
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
What do you guys think about Peter Schiff being a leader of the movement in the future? He has some pretty impressive credentials:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff

-Ron Paul's economic advisor (not that Dr. Paul needed one :) )

-President of the successful company Euro-Pacific Capital ( www.europac.net )

-Expert on economics/investments and subscribes to principles of the Austrian school and Von Mises Institute (same as Dr. Paul).

-Very articulate, and even charismatic speaker on economics, the Fed, gold, liberty, etc. He can communicate these ideas so the common-man can understand.

-Very well known in the business community, he is a regular guest on CNBC, Fox Business, and is quoted in major business publications.

-His father Irwin Schiff, is the famous tax protester currently imprisoned (his story was displayed in Aaron Russo's "America Freedom to Fascism"

If you have never heard of him, just check out some of his videos of youtube. Great stuff.

I think he would be a great potential candidate in the future. What do you guys think?

Alawn
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I would be for that. He is great every time I see him. I don't think people would elect someone without a political background for president no matter how right he is one everything but maybe a house run. I don't know if he would be interested in that. If we ever got someone like Ron Paul into the White House he would be great for an economic position like Secretary of the Treasury or something.

eric_cartman
09-18-2008, 06:37 PM
yes... Peter Schiff for President!

he understands the proper roll of government... that is the most important thing.

i also trust him. i think he's an honest guy, hard working and he would not be corrupted. He would do what is necessary.

in my view, ron paul would be the best man to lead the country... Peter Schiff would my second choice. And in 2012, Ron Paul may be too old... but Schiff could do it.

the only thing, is that he's very busy running his company... however, in a few years, when this country is in a mess... hopefully he can appoint a new president to his firm and take the opportunity to run for president. I think if we rallied behind him, he would accept the opportunity and take the responsibility on his shoulders to lead the country back to prosperity.

i don't think he has any intention of getting into politics... he would not decide to do this on his own... but if the movement rallied behind him, and we showed him that there was real support... i think he would go for it.

Bruno
09-18-2008, 07:03 PM
He should be meeting with Congress right now, not Bernanke and Paulson!

Kotin
09-18-2008, 07:04 PM
he has my full support.

american.swan
09-18-2008, 07:16 PM

That Post of the Year material.

Shotdown1027
09-18-2008, 07:42 PM
He ought to run for Congress...

eric_cartman
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
He ought to run for Congress...

he's been asked that... he's too busy running his company. but if it was for president, i think he could make the time.

Cowlesy
09-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Hmm....make piles of dough as a Broker, or be a public beat-stick as a Congressman?

I think P. Schiff is sticking to his bread and butter :)

rockandrollsouls
09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I would vote for Peter in a heartbeat. I don't think he'd ever do it, though. He has a pretty lucrative business.

Shotdown1027
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Yea, well--we certainly need media-personalities in the movement, like Tucker Carlson, Pat Buchanan, and Mr. Schiff.

Imperial
09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
You know, being a billionaire he could pull a Ross Perot on the system...and, he has a huge company to prove his economic know-how.

Maybe take a big guy on foreign policy as his VP...say Ron Paul? Age wouldn't matter in our VP!

CableNewsJunkie
09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
People that should be groomed for 2012 and beyond:

Peter Schiff
Thomas Woods
Rand Paul
Andrew Napolitano
Jesse Ventura? (mehhhh...not really a top choice of mine, but other people seem pretty enthusiastic about him)

Who else?

The more choices, the better.

cien750hp
09-18-2008, 10:36 PM

I love peter as much as anyone and think he's probably one of if not the greatest economists of our time, but you're giving him too much credit here. Not even he could make congress care about or understand the situation :p

durden0
09-18-2008, 10:40 PM
what's peter's stance on foreign and privacy matters? anyone know?

Jeremy
09-18-2008, 10:41 PM
His father, Irwin Shciff once ran for the POTUS Libertarian nomination

Irwin is much more famous for being a tax evader, etc. though

ultimaonliner
09-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I like Peter Schiff a lot and always try to listen to his CNBC interviews. But, like RP, when he speaks to the MSM (CNBC), they look at him like he's from another planet. This was mostly when we had the pseudo bull market (in USD, but not measured by Euros or gold) when the CNBC commentators thought he was from Mars.

Unfortuantely, the leader we need has to be like RP or Peter Schiff intellectually and ethically, but have to look like Romney or Huckabee and B.S. like them, too, for us to have a chance at winning.

AndyWhite
09-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Peter Schiff is awesome. I listen to his weekly broadcast every Wednesday and always watch his videos. I know he's been asked about this and his response was basically, "I'm too busy running my successful business and besides no one would listen to me anyways, it wouldn't make a difference." I think he feels he can do more good by helping people make prudent investments before the coming Greater Depression.

But none the less, I think we should continue to suggest to him that he should run for something. But the real one we should be nudging and suggesting is Rand Paul.

Chiznaddy
09-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Peter Schiff would be an awesome liberty candidate. Imagine him tearing apart helicopter Ben.

Chiznaddy
09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Peter Schiff is awesome. I listen to his weekly broadcast every Wednesday and always watch his videos. I know he's been asked about this and his response was basically, "I'm too busy running my successful business and besides no one would listen to me anyways, it wouldn't make a difference." I think he feels he can do more good by helping people make prudent investments before the coming Greater Depression.

But none the less, I think we should continue to suggest to him that he should run for something. But the real one we should be nudging and suggesting is Rand Paul.

I asked him at the Freedom convention in Las Vegas if he said he wasn't planning on running as you mentioned. However, my friend and I asked him if he would run if the grassroots just started a campaign for him, he said...why not? I would do it just for the exposure.

I agree with you on Rand Paul too. He would be awesome. Dad's message with some more youth and charisma. Awesome.

mconder
09-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow! I didn't know Irwin was Peter's father.

mconder
09-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I have read and watched this guy for the last year and I would definitely consider him a good substitute of Ron Paul ever required an absence from the fight. However, I would support a 78 year old Ron Paul in 2012. There are people in their 90's who have headed up world wide organizations successfully.

Chiznaddy
09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I would support Ron Paul if he was 108 years old.

tonesforjonesbones
09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Every time I see that guy's name i have to wonder if he is of the Schiff's that were with the Jekeyll Island crew? Is he one of the Schiff's who 's grandfather started the Federal Reserve? and Whos grandpappy funded the soviets in ww1? What the heck????? TONES

Alawn
09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Every time I see that guy's name i have to wonder if he is of the Schiff's that were with the Jekeyll Island crew? Is he one of the Schiff's who 's grandfather started the Federal Reserve? and Whos grandpappy funded the soviets in ww1? What the heck????? TONES

Do you realize how many people have that name?

jonathans
09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
People that should be groomed for 2012 and beyond:

Peter Schiff
Thomas Woods
Rand Paul
Andrew Napolitano
Jesse Ventura? (mehhhh...not really a top choice of mine, but other people seem pretty enthusiastic about him)

Who else?

The more choices, the better.

Adam Kokesh

LibertyCola
09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
If no Ron Paul then DRAFT PETER SCHIFF! Fuck Ventura he is a worthless POS with no understanding of economics and he is just an all around dumb fuck.

LibertyCola
09-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Schiff/Woods would own!