PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Illness Responsible for Lack of Focus?

Razorback Fan
09-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I understand Dr. Paul's wife has been ill lately. I have gotten very frustrated that Dr. Paul has (in my view) squandered much of the support and momentum he had a few months ago. But then I got to wondering, could it be that he just doesn't have the energy for a fight right now? Do you suppose that, when things are better for him personally, he'll take the gloves off again?

I don't know much about Dr. Paul's personal life, so I'm speculating a bit, but I want to believe that there's more fire in his heart than he has been showing the public lately.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
This Revolution was never going to be "led" by anyone. All our greatest successes were the idea of, planned by, and carried out by the grassroots.

Razorback Fan
09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for dodging the question completely.

I'm not asking about the grassroots. I want to know why one man in particular seems to have lost some of his drive. I'm concerned for the guy, all right?

And don't pretend that Ron Paul, the man, has had nothing to do with the success of the pro-liberty movement this year. That's delusional.

ItsTime
09-18-2008, 02:04 PM
him being 72 has nothing to do with it.

SnappleLlama
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
His wife's illness could definitely have something to do with it. :( I hope she's feeling better.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for dodging the question completely.

I'm not asking about the grassroots. I want to know why one man in particular seems to have lost some of his drive. I'm concerned for the guy, all right?

And don't pretend that Ron Paul, the man, has had nothing to do with the success of the pro-liberty movement this year. That's delusional.

The point was that your question is unnecessary. Ron Paul is probably not going to "lead us" in any major way ever again, and we're going to be sorely disappointed if we expect him to "lead us" with perfect focus and unlimited energy. It's time we took charge of our own Revolution. Ron Paul will do what he can, but clearly no one person can lead us.

gls
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
What do you expect him to do? He is likely spending most of his time focusing on his Congressional duties and the launch of the C4L.

Razorback Fan
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Fair enough. But please understand that I wasn't implying that the movement is dead without Ron Paul. I really just perceive a decline in his energy level and ferocity and wonder what might be at the root of it. (Yes, being 72 might have something to do with it.) I was not making any grand point about liberty, philosophy, or politics. I wonder what's going on in the man's life, that's all.

Jeebus Crisp, I won't ask anymore.

SnappleLlama
09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Fair enough. But please understand that I wasn't implying that the movement is dead without Ron Paul. I really just perceive a decline in his energy level and ferocity and wonder what might be at the root of it. (Yes, being 72 might have something to do with it.) I was not making any grand point about liberty, philosophy, or politics. I wonder what's going on in the man's life, that's all.

;)

It's cool....I worry about Dr. Paul, too, and not just "as a leader," but as a man.

(a hot one, at that...LOL!)

Kludge
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Ron has been very active in grassroots efforts. He made a virtual appearance at the LSP last night.

acptulsa
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
The man's congressional district just got pounded by a hurricane. If he spends any time on us at all right at this moment, I'll be disappointed in him.

JK/SEA
09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Also, he most likely has everyone and their dog knocking on his office door with the phone ringing off the hook at the same time, asking him to explain ''whats going on''? with the economy. And his duties in the house taking his time.

Also don't forget his district is hurting from the hurricane, and yes, i'm sure he is worried about his wife as well.

Wish we could help somehow.

Micah Dardar
09-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Ron's presidential campaign is now over. We need learn to keep the message alive without having to be told. Let him have a break. Some of you act like he is a robot or something. Can't he have a cup of tea and an afternoon nap?