PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Day Message from Bob Barr

Knightskye
09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Dear Friend,

Today is a special day for America. While most Americans allows this day to pass without notice, I and many other Libertarians do not.

Today is Constitution Day. On September 17th 1787 members of the Constitutional Convention signed a magnificent and lasting document; one for the ages.

While we have added a number of amendments in the years since, the core principles of the Constitution remain embedded in our heritage:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Our Constitution remained strong for the protection of Liberty over these many years. Unfortunately, our government has not.

Our Government and the politicians at its helm no longer have the deep respect for our Constitution that you and I share. The two leading candidates (with the benefit of self-absorbed political parties and a complicit media) simply do not respect our Constitution.

That is because Barack Obama, John McCain, Nancy Pelosi, George W. Bush, Hillary Clinton and many, many others, do not cherish or understand Liberty.

I will be using my platform as the Libertarian Party's presidential nominee to advance Liberty, and force our government leaders to respect our Constitution.

Please help me advance Liberty on this Constitution Day by making a gift of $17.87 today.

Respectfully,

Bob Barr

:)

AZ Libertarian
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Doesn't sound too 'neocon' to me....

Knightskye
09-19-2008, 12:10 AM

Yeah, it... almost sounds like somebody who... appreciates the Constitution. :eek::eek::eek:

Jeremy
09-19-2008, 12:12 AM

FYI, some people here make up things to promote their own agenda.... either that or they get too emotional over something they don't understand :rolleyes:

Knightskye
09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
fyi, some people here make up things to promote their own agenda.... Either that or they get too emotional over something they don't understand :rolleyes:

qft.