PDA

View Full Version : On Yahoo! Finance: "New World Order"

malkusm
09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com

Currently the last link under "Top Stories" in the box.

"New World Order: Likely Morgan Merger Leaves Goldman Last Man Standing"

FrankRep
09-18-2008, 09:43 AM
New World Order: Likely Morgan Merger Leaves Goldman Last Man Standing

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/62699/New-World-Order-Likely-Morgan-Merger-Leaves-Goldman-Last-Man-Standing?tickers=MS,GS,WB,BAC,XLF,AIG

Bruno
09-18-2008, 09:45 AM
They are trying to desensitize us to the phrase, so it will be seen as a good thing.

Drknows
09-18-2008, 10:04 AM
*oops i guess FrankRep posted the link

Conza88
09-18-2008, 10:05 AM
They are trying to desensitize us to the phrase, so it will be seen as a good thing.

Yes. You can see it, the term has becoming more and more used.

Qantas CEO Geoff Dixon - New Aviation World Order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl-3R_VPK78

.... lol. Countless examples, for other related stuff.

BuddyRey
09-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow...it doesn't even seem like that phrase would be applicable to this story!

They really are using it any chance they can get now!

Pete
09-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm waiting for Dairy Queen to come out with their New World Order Sundae - a big helping of vanilla ice cream with a little piece of shit on top. :p

cska80
09-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I have a welcoming party for the New World Order in my pants and all are invited!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Razmear
09-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Pasting cuz that flash movie on the sidebar is really annoying.

eb

New World Order: Likely Morgan Merger Leaves Goldman Last Man Standing
Posted Sep 18, 2008 10:48am EDT by Aaron Task in Investing, Recession, Banking
Related: MS, GS, WB, BAC, XLF, AIG

As of this writing, the fate of Morgan Stanley remains uncertain although continued independence seems unlikely. The investment bank is having merger talks with a variety of players, including Wachovia and HSBC, while China's sovereign wealth fund is looking to raise its stake in the firm, according to various reports. (After rallying early Thursday on such reports, Morgan shares recently turned negative, about $2 below its early high of $22.32.

The bigger story is a Morgan merger would leave Goldman Sachs as the last remaining major independent brokerage firm, when four existed a week ago and five were operating at the beginning of 2008.

"A new world order is upon us. A seismic shift that is redefining the brokerage intermediary," writes Todd Harrison, CEO of Minyanville.com.

Wall Street firms are suffering a "comeuppance of risk gone awry," Harrison says in the accompanying video.

There will always be a role for "financial intermediaries" but going forward Wall Street is going to be leaner, more regulated and more transparent, says the former trader at Morgan Stanley (among others).

But because of the tricky issue of unwinding $500 trillion in derivative contracts -- in which Lehman and AIG were big players -- Harrison says it's impossible to tell who will emerges as winners of what he dubs "an inside out process that is redefining the brokerage intermediary."

newyearsrevolution08
09-18-2008, 12:43 PM
OH NO, they used a catchphrase!

I am shocked that any news media would try that.

BTW did you hear that Elvis is still alive! I just heard that yesterday as well!

Go buy stuff, life is great!

Joe3113
09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
OH NO, they used a catchphrase!

I am shocked that any news media would try that.

BTW did you hear that Elvis is still alive! I just heard that yesterday as well!

Go buy stuff, life is great!

You dolt.

Here is Saakashvilli letting the cat out of the bag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FxWAGnyIdg

What they mean by "New World Order" is world domination of the British, US, and European power elites. The reason you see conflict with Russia and China is because they know this 'New World Order' does not include them, therefore, to get it, Russia and China must be destroyed, carved up, balkanised and weakened. That is why you see the western powers supporting Georgia and Ukraine, that is why you see the western powers supporting Chechen seperatism and terrorism in Russia, that is why you see western powers supporting Kosovo independence (Serbia is a Russian ally), that is why you see western powers supporting Chinese seperatists like the Dalai Lama, that is why you are currently seeing a proxy-war between the west and China in Sudan (China gets 7% of its oil from Sudan), that is why you see bombings in separatist Chinese Turkestan by Sunni muslims run by MI6 and CIA, it is also why you see these incursions on Pakistan. Pakistan is a chinese ally against india over the Kashmir conflict and India is now a US/western ally with this nuclear deal they are doing. India and China are also in conflict over border disputes. The two main ones are Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh.

Conza88
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
You dolt.

Here is Saakashvilli letting the cat out of the bag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FxWAGnyIdg

What they mean by "New World Order" is world domination of the British, US, and European power elites. The reason you see conflict with Russia and China is because they know this 'New World Order' does not include them, therefore, to get it, Russia and China must be destroyed, carved up, balkanised and weakened. That is why you see the western powers supporting Georgia and Ukraine, that is why you see the western powers supporting Chechen seperatism and terrorism in Russia, that is why you see western powers supporting Kosovo independence (Serbia is a Russian ally), that is why you see western powers supporting Chinese seperatists like the Dalai Lama, that is why you are currently seeing a proxy-war between the west and China in Sudan (China gets 7% of its oil from Sudan), that is why you see bombings in separatist Chinese Turkestan by Sunni muslims run by MI6 and CIA, it is also why you see these incursions on Pakistan. Pakistan is a chinese ally against india over the Kashmir conflict and India is now a US/western ally with this nuclear deal they are doing. India and China are also in conflict over border disputes. The two main ones are Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh.

Daanng, I'm glad you're on our side. :)

newyearsrev08 is a retard. It seems to run in the 08 ending usernames, *cough*