PDA

View Full Version : ISU Republicans Meeting

risiusj
09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I just got back from the first ISU Republicans meeting of the year. It was mainly an introduction to the club with so many new members, myself included. There was also talk about the big tailgating event that will be going on on Saturday September 15 before the Iowa-Iowa State Football game. They said anyone can come and that some candidates may be there, Brownback for sure.

There were a few campaign representatives there to speak on behalf of their candidates. There were also a few student representatives. Each of them got up front of the about 50 people that were there and gave a quick talk about what's going on with their campaign and where you can go to look them up.

The Ron Paul rep got up there and told how Ron Paul has had strong showings in Iowa, Texas, and other straw polls. Then he said that you can see good video about Ron Paul on Youtube, that he has the most subscribers, and the most friends on Facebook. What is astounding is that when he began talking about Youtube, lots of people started laughing. It was ridiculous. I wanted to get up and demand what was so funny about being popular on a popular website.

Tomorrow we're having our first ISU Team Ron Paul meeting in conjunction with the Ames Meetup. There should be more than 3 people there. That's how many were at the Republican thing.

Oh, and the best thing I heard at the meeting was that as members of the club we will be able to get tickets to the Republican debate in Ames in November. Can't wait for that.

risiusj
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I should also say that the Romney rep started to give me a sticker but saw my shirt (thanks Scribbler) and muttered something along the lines of, "No, you won't want one." Dang right! I don't want to get Romney sticker residue on my beloved Ron Paul shirt!

Spirit of '76
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Keep fighting the good fight. :)