PDA

View Full Version : Google Trends, scary accurate prediction of polling.

EvilEngineer
09-18-2008, 07:28 AM
I've been going through the primary season for both democrats and rebulicans, and sadly the 2nd graph in the google trends results ( News Reference Volume), is almost 90% accurate prediction of polls before they even occur.

The media has rigged this election, and they know it.

Check out the current trends for Obama, McCain, Palin, Biden, Barr vs the current polling data.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=Palin%2C+McCain%2C+Obama%2C+Biden%2C+Barr&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0

A. Havnes
09-18-2008, 08:30 AM
After the NH primaries, I figured the election was rigged. What we as a people must do now is overthrow the corrupt, fight for our liberties, and fixed this screwed up system.

I talk about Ron Paul with people at every opportunity I have, and I try my best to get the names of all third party candidates out there. I am a Ron Paul Revere! I am a Paulite! I am a Paulitician!

Okay, I had to get that out. I'm feeling quite energized today, and my normal cynicism is being replaced by an urge to continue this revolution.

brandon
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
90% accurate prediction of polls before they even occur.

Good observation.

I don't doubt that the amounts of media coverage a candidate gets influences thier polling to an etremely large extent. But, I think it would be really powerful if you took some time to actually document this with numbers instead of made up statistics.

Perhaps overlay a graph of McCain's polling numbers on a graph of the summation of Palin's and McCain's media mentions. Then calculate the correlation (you're an engineer, right?) coefficients and see to what extent causalty can be implied.