PDA

View Full Version : 9-17, Historic day in so many ways

AdamT
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
9-17, Constitution Day. Michael, Corey, and I are half way through our 3 week roadtrip filming for our documentary on the Ron Paul grassroots. We are in D.C., staying at Bradley's place. This is Bradley after a hearty breakfast at Jimmy T's. He seems to have enjoyed his breakfast.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/bradley.jpg

This morning we got up and walked to RP's office and set up for the interview. Tweaking lighting, debating on the background, etc. It was fun.

RP arrives to the office late and graciously grants us nearly 1/2 hour on camera. We had our questions prepared. All went well.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/ron_paul.jpg

Adam Kokesh met us at the office, and we walked and hung out after. We shot an interview and took the train to the IVAW HQ (http://ivaw.org/). We got the tour and hung out for a few hours. I eventually caught a few Z's on Adam's office couch.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/kokesh.jpg

From there we all jumped in Kokesh's Highlander and sped through the D.C. streets back to Bradley's place. We dumped the day's HD interview footage to the hard drive, and backed it up to another drive.

After that we all walked to Code Pink's pot luck at their D.C. HQ. Very interesting scene to say the least.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/pinkies.jpg

We feasted on some free "hippy" grub and chilled for a few hours. After that we hurried back to Bradley's place to tune into the post-debate discussion of the Liberty Straw Poll, which Kokesh apparently has dubbed the "official DC Liberty Straw Poll Viewing Party". Imagine myself, RP Hawaii, Bradley, Kokesh, etc gathered around the screen cracking up and loving Southern Avenger, Tom Woods, and Kurt Wallace having a hell of a good time with their post discussion. Avenger's comments on Sean Hannity were especially hilarious.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/feed1.jpg

I went outside to grab some fresh air, and see Kokesh on the phone with Amiee Allen, discussing her soon to be appearance on the post-poll discussion. He hangs up and a few minutes later Aimee joins the feed. This is all too surreal.

A few minutes later Ron Paul himself, whom we just interviewed earlier in the day, joins the call to give some insight into the innovative Liberty Straw Poll. We are all glued to the feed and listing with smiles. Too good.

We call Avenger and watched him check his incoming call on the live video stream (which he didn't answer). This was hilarious to see.

So now we're all hanging out and having a hell of a fun time discussing Bradley's testimony to the D.C. city council to consider as revisions to their hand gun ban.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/feed2.jpg

What a day!

Tomorrow we're off to interview Doug Wead for a historical look at our grassroots efforts. More to follow soon.

ValidusCustodiae
09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow, great pics and story there =).

Also on 9-17 largest jump in gold price in one day ever.

Kludge
09-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Yesterday was epic, from start to finish.

+1 to VC.

Edit: And thanks to Adam for being taking such beautiful pictures!

Jeremy
09-17-2008, 10:48 PM
this was my first Constitution Day as a libertarian (thanks to RP) and I loved it!

Jeremy
09-17-2008, 10:48 PM
btw, Adam Kokesh is everywhere... he's in everything... always popping up =0

Bradley in DC
09-17-2008, 11:36 PM
It was pretty fun hanging out with friends, meeting new ones, and hosting an impromptu Liberty Straw poll party. :)

Tangoland
09-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks for this really cool synopsis of your Sept. 17th experience. Enjoyed it!

Funny you called Jack to see him check his phone lol...

:)
KW

Orgoonian
09-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Thank you for this thread.
I am always in awe when i see liberty activists in action.

Adam Kokesh
09-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah, always popping up, but I don't remember being that ugly in real life! What a day, what a crew! But you forgot to refer to it as the official DC Liberty Straw Poll Viewing Party! And you forgot to mention your little dance with CodePink's Condi head! Post those pics!

AdamT
09-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Yeah, always popping up, but I don't remember being that ugly in real life! What a day, what a crew! But you forgot to refer to it as the official DC Liberty Straw Poll Viewing Party! And you forgot to mention your little dance with CodePink's Condi head! Post those pics!

I don't really remember how that ended up on my head. :eek::D
The best was one one of the Pinkers grabbed me from behind putting my hands behind my back as if to cuff. Wish there was a pic of that.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/condi2.jpg

Bruno
09-18-2008, 06:33 AM
And Lynn Cheney is pushing her children's book on the story of the Constitution.

Irony at its finest.

Bill M DC
09-18-2008, 07:05 AM
It was pretty fun hanging out with friends, meeting new ones, and hosting an impromptu Liberty Straw poll party. :)

I second that! I had a great time hanging out with you guys. I only wish I didn't have a 7 a.m. appointment with my day job...I'd have stayed later otherwise.

Cinderella
09-18-2008, 07:19 AM
ron paul is sooo cute! love his smile...

Bradley in DC
09-18-2008, 07:20 AM
I second that! I had a great time hanging out with you guys. I only wish I didn't have a 7 a.m. appointment with my day job...I'd have stayed later otherwise.

Good seeing you again. Thanks again for all of your help with the DC grassroots efforts.

Now you know where I live--and right by Code Pink! Stop over when you're in the 'hood.

shelly
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm sooo close to DC, next constitution day I'm stopping by!!!!

ronpaulhawaii
09-18-2008, 09:12 AM
It was a hell of a day in DC :D

The RP interview went great. Chris and Corey were a bit in shock interviewing the good doctor. I'll write more on the interviews in the other thread.

Afterwards, Brad had to go work on testimony, so Chris, Corey, Adam, and I went cruised the Capitol for a while shooting "B" footage. We did Adam's I-View in a park, then lunch at Union Station and off to the IVAW-HQ. Adam and I had a bit of a talk there while Chris passed out on the couch. Was great meeting Bill and putting a face to a screenname.

Then it was Code Pink's Potluck Party, what a scene. The hardcore activists were there. The girls who interrupted the RNC speeches, the "bloody hands" girl, quite a crew. Few in the crowd were the kool-aid drinking liberal type. Some did not care for my "Anyone But" shirt <chuckle> but we had lots of good conversations and scored points for the "less government" arguement. All in all, a good exercise in bridge-building and the art of the schmooze.

Coming back here for the LSP was the highlight of the night. We all had had a few beers and were in fine form. When we tuned in they were talking about Chris's PAC and someone in Chat knew the name... Aimee was on the phone with Adam and was a bit apprehensive about calling in, we all gave her a push, was hoping she could fill that bottom video quadrant with her lovely presence, but no PC-Cam :(... We all laughed when one of here first sentances was that she was bummed she did not have the cam...

Then, everyone in Chat started talking about Kokesh and how they wanted him on. They asked me to get a web-feed set up, I started but could not figure out how to PM Shelly (it had nothing to do with the beers ;)). We had 4 laptops for 8 people and were all posting on each others screennames, had a few evil inspirations, but refrained from outlandish posting while the others backs were turned <chuckle>

Finally crashed and now we are here, drinking coffee and getting ready to get back on the road. Doug Wead today...

Great job on the LSP everyone

onward and forward

:)

shelly
09-18-2008, 01:54 PM
oooh - nuts! I had about 87 chats going on and totally missed the PM thing. Sorry - that would have been cool. Next time ;)

Bradley in DC
09-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm sooo close to DC, next constitution day I'm stopping by!!!!

Where are you? How close? You shouldn't have to wait for constitution day! :)

shelly
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm on the eastern shore of MD. It's about 2 hrs, but I love a good (mini) road trip...

USAFCapt
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
There was pretty good success with the "Liberty items for troops" that we did this spring. If you need some details on that that let me know.

Bill M DC
09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm on the eastern shore of MD. It's about 2 hrs, but I love a good (mini) road trip...

Are you pinging for an invite to DC? Consider yourself invited. We (IVAW DC) have a potluck every Sunday at 6 p.m. We also have plenty of space if you want to make it an over nighter or two. We're at 715 Princeton Pl NW, Wash. DC.

AdamT
10-28-2008, 06:33 PM
LOL reading this through again. Good memories :)