PDA

View Full Version : I Ron Pauled an audience Today

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I wanted to share another Ron Pauling story I had today.

I had to go with a friend to the Division of Motor Vehicles to register his car.

As he pays for his registration in cash, the teller comments on how crisp his Dollar bills are.

So....

I whipped out my $5 US Note.
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/uploaded/Bryan1315/200793084236_19635o.jpg
And said, you like those eh? Well, Im gonna show you something.. Im gonna give you a college education in 60 seconds and its going to blow your mind.

Had her look at the words "United States Note" and compare them with a "Federal Reserve Note"

explained how all these paper dollar bills costs 4 cents to make, but in he old days America would pay the 4 cents and spend the money. but NOW, the federal reserve (a private bank) gets to pay the 4 cents and then SELL these dollar bills to AMERICA for face amount..

She was so excited.. that the teller next to her had to come over, she called over the head boss there.. (his title was investigator) and the only customer in line came up to us to see what all the fuss was about.

I explained to them how America pays for all this paper money with DEBT, and how thats why no matter which party is in power in DC our debt NEVER goes down.

Then I pulled out my $5 SILVER CERTIFICATE
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/97/271860089_7ec672b3b0.jpg?v=0
Had her read the words "SILVER CERTIFICATE"

Now Im explaining to all four people that this is the only LEGAL money truly allowed in America and why. I explain to them that inflation is ONLY a tax.. period.. thats all it is.. but when your money is backed by silver and gold the government cannot inflate the money supply and steal your wealth.

I told them this is the real cause of why your kids college tuition is through the roof, the reason health care i so expensive, and the reason gasoline is $4 a gallon.

I asked them all. "Remember the old silver quarters from 1964?"

They all said yeah.. I said.. you canbuy a gallon of gas with one of them, because the silver content is worth around $4... If gas is $2 a gallon, or if it goe up to $20 a gallon, youll ALWAYS be able to buy ONE GALLON OF GASOLINE for one SILVER QUARTER.

Same thing with A SILVER DIME and LOAF OF BREAD.

They got it, they understood, and they were all excited.. I told them that NO POLITICIANS will talk about this stuff because this is how they get to hike your taxes without you knowing.

Then I mentioned how ONE PERSON talks about this in Congress - RON PAUL.

And the one teller started shaking her head like she had heard of the name before. I told them all to check it out and spread the message.

They were all excited and the customer who was watching actually said, "I cant wait to go home and make dinner for my family and tell my husband and kids all about this."

So theres another 4 to my tally... ;)

Just happy to share guys./

muzzled dogg
09-17-2008, 07:50 PM
lemme get one of those

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
lemme get one of those

You definitely need to get the red seal US notes... Ive been greenspanning people since even before Ron Paul ran for president.. but people have a hard time grasping it

BUt when they see a red seal US NOTE.. and touch it.. It clicks.. you can see the lightbulb going off above their head.
I think the visual and tactile contact really mentally reinforces what the issue is about.

People understand it very simply. It works. It really does.

thehighwaymanq
09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
YOU JUST GOT RON PAULED!

Ha, nice job.

A. Havnes
09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Where do people get those? I'd love to be able to educate people that way.

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Where do people get those? I'd love to be able to educate people that way.

YOu can buy them on EBAY

RED seal notes are "United States Notes"

Blue Seal notes are "Silver Certificates"

the blue one isnt necessary for them to get the fed.. But its great for teaching about inflation.

liberteebell
09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
What a great way to explain this! :D

(I think I'll try it; I have a silver certificate hanging around somewhere...)

Conza88
09-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Epic... epic... well done! :D

Bruno
09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks for sharing a great experience, Mike!

YOu can buy them on EBAY

RED seal notes are "United States Notes"

Blue Seal notes are "Silver Certificates"

the blue one isnt necessary for them to get the fed.. But its great for teaching about inflation.

I believe you can get them at your local coin shop, too, which I recommend you check out for gold/silver anyway. Still a great time to get in.

Kotin
09-17-2008, 08:47 PM
well done Mike Mitrosky

klamath
09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Great way to educate people without injecting partisan politics into it and really gets people thinking!

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Great way to educate people without injecting partisan politics into it and really gets people thinking!

I make it a point to mention that too after they get it..

I tell em "It doesnt matter if youre a republican or a democrat... this is a bad deal for America."

They always agree.

ladyjade3
09-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm telling on you. ;)

Uriel999
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Good job. I think you just touched on a good way to educate people. I think I am going to buy a few of those old notes to do the same. Great idea.

Uriel999
09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh and btw on ebay those old greenbacks can be bought for around 5-10 bucks apparently. Not a bad investment for a teaching tool

berrybunches
09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
wow, you must have a way of keeping peoples attention. The visuals must help.

I am impressed.

tropicangela
09-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Bless you! Awesome. Thx for the ideas.

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
wow, you must have a way of keeping peoples attention. The visuals must help.

I am impressed.

If you light yourself on fire, people will come around to watch you burn.

FindLiberty
09-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Very nice presentation (op). The Creature From Jekyll Island even flinched a bit.

BuddyRey
09-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Way to go, Mike!!! :D

ronpaulhawaii
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
woooohoooooo :)

sounds like last summer

:D

politicsNproverbs
10-03-2008, 11:16 PM
...when they see a red seal US NOTE.. and touch it.. It clicks.. you can see the lightbulb going off above their head.

Ha, so true. Awesome story! You must have been tickled silly all day after that.

"Bread is for the laughter of the workers, and wine itself makes life rejoice; but money is what meets a response in all things." - Eccl. 10:19 - King Solomon, and he should know :D

Archie
10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I do these stuff all the times to neighbors,workers,tellers,family and friends its a great to have the ponder about inflation and how its effecting alot of things they buy. I use silver dimes, quarters and maples. Most people are thankful for the heads up and after I told my one buddy he dove head first into his old change looking for silver and saying " so that's why shit cost so much, it makes sense " then I say wouldnt it be great if your work paid you with real valued money like in silver quarters or dollars? By them his pretty fucking amazed that all this has passed silently under everyone nose. And he was so happy when he found a silver dime in his old change LOL !!! The best also is I will ask someone if they want to make a some extra money then I say all ya gotta do is give me 100 bucks worth of dimes,quarters or dollar coins that are pre-68 Canadian coins, and I'll give you $150-250 dollars for it lol I usually tell them the whole " angle" and there shocked after how much its really worth , one day I'm gonna offer that deal to some young teens and I hope they come for there " big profits" LOL !!! Even if the only find 30 bucks worth I'll pay them over face value while I will start LMAO!!!

rvkpa
10-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I love the presentation. I wish I thought of it. I'm just being picky.

The only problem with this presentation is that the silver certificates are worth only their collectors or face value, and they have only been worth their collectors value since the 60's. The silver value of the certificate was destroyed by government decree. The only true store of wealth is the actual gold or silver. Stupid government.

Fields
10-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, this is so simple yet so informative to the regular folk. Thanks for the idea.

Leroy_Jenkems
10-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I wanna be like Mike...

JosephTheLibertarian
10-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I have a blue one. Where do I cash in for my silver?

slacker921
10-04-2008, 09:47 PM
You might also pick up a Zimbabwe 100 Billion dollar bill off eBay.. they're fairly cheap. That'd be a good way to show what happens to a fiat currency when they inflate.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/033v1Zz33u1ho/610x.jpg

Uriel999
10-05-2008, 01:52 AM
You might also pick up a Zimbabwe 100 Billion dollar bill off eBay.. they're fairly cheap. That'd be a good way to show what happens to a fiat currency when they inflate.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/033v1Zz33u1ho/610x.jpg

ROFL, man, makes me think of Austin Powers...

nobody's_hero
10-05-2008, 05:34 AM
You didn't just Ron Paul 'em. You Constitution'ed them, lol.

Good work. This is a great idea/tactic.

My only problem is that I couldn't keep these in my wallet, I'd probably goof up and spend them. :rolleyes:

I have a blue one. Where do I cash in for my silver?

I'd keep them. If you could use them like the O.P., for education purposes, they're worth a lot more than their value in silver.

Man, that's a neat idea.

*Bows and worships the O.P.* :D

Chester Copperpot
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I love the presentation. I wish I thought of it. I'm just being picky.

The only problem with this presentation is that the silver certificates are worth only their collectors or face value, and they have only been worth their collectors value since the 60's. The silver value of the certificate was destroyed by government decree. The only true store of wealth is the actual gold or silver. Stupid government.

YEah, thats true.. Sometimes I mention that to people.. But with 4 people all getting it from the same time.. I didnt want to confuse anybody

bkreigh
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Hold on this story is made up. Its all a fake. No way could there only be only one other person in line at the DMV. Nice try buddy but im not buying this story. :D

Cleaner44
10-26-2008, 10:20 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://inyourface.tv/tim/pictures/10_silver%2520certificate.jpg&imgrefurl=http://inyourface.tv/tim/silvercertificate.html&h=286&w=636&sz=89&hl=en&start=4&um=1&usg=__yGEs1j6aAsvtu1ClGRFJvG402-U=&tbnid=SQx8YLjfPPGwQM:&tbnh=62&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsilver%2Bcertificate%26um%3D1%26hl%3D en%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

This link gives a nice rundown of the de-evolution of the dollar.

emazur
11-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Awesome job, I might start carrying those around after I move.

Edit:
I just thought of another thing you can add:
"When the government increases the money supply, you lose money due to inflation which punishes people who are savers. You can try to beat inflation by investing in the stock market, but look what happened to the value of stock due to government's interventionist policies? The way things are now, the government punishes both savers and investors and it's gonna keep happening until the people wake up and call for a change".

Somewhat might ask "But I thought it was a lack of government regulations that contributed to the stock collapse?"
I'll leave that to you guys, or you might borrow elements of Schiff's statement below (which he made before the September meltdown)
http://jglobal.blogspot.com/2008/06/peter-schiff-on-federal-reserve.html
and tie that into the value of stock:
"What few economic leaders have acknowledged is that the Federal Reserve itself is responsible for the real estate and credit bubbles, which are the source of our current troubles. By keeping interest rates too low for too long, the Fed ignited a speculative fever and engendered a disregard for risk management that pushed asset prices above rational levels. Should we blame the private sector for taking advantage of all the cheap credit, or the Federal Reserve for supplying it? If a kindergarten teacher passes out handfuls of Pixie Sticks, and then leaves her classroom unattended for several hours, should we blame the five year olds for the hysteria that ensues?"

Highland
11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
way to go Mikey!

dannno
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Great job OP!!

dannno
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Hold on this story is made up. Its all a fake. No way could there only be only one other person in line at the DMV. Nice try buddy but im not buying this story. :D

rofl..:rolleyes: