PDA

View Full Version : a question

heavenlyboy34
09-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I've noticed that some posters around here make reference to "the movement". Would someone care to explain this to me? If I don't want to be part of some collectivist 'movement', am I still allowed to support RP, the RPF, and the LP?

Perhaps the posters that mention "the movement" are newbies trying to hijack threads?

Thanks!
In liberty,
Matt.

pacelli
09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
When I say 'the movement', I'm referring to the large group of people that have amassed over the campaign who are committed to the principles of liberty as defined by the US Constitution, and have been represented on the national stage by Ron Paul. We may differ on details but agree on the principles of the Constitution.

heavenlyboy34
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
When I say 'the movement', I'm referring to the large group of people that have amassed over the campaign who are committed to the principles of liberty as defined by the US Constitution, and have been represented on the national stage by Ron Paul. We may differ on details but agree on the principles of the Constitution.

Cool. Thanks, mate! :)

revolutionist
09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
When I refer to "the movement" I am talking about the time around 8:00pm when I take a seat upon my porcelain throne for about half an hour.;)

heavenlyboy34
09-17-2008, 07:11 PM
When I refer to "the movement" I am talking about the time around 8:00pm when I take a seat upon my porcelain throne for about half an hour.;)

half an hour? :eek: You need some glycerine suppositories, mate! (or perhaps more fiber in yer diet)

anaconda
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Perhaps the posters that mention "the movement" are newbies trying to hijack threads?

I donated to Ron Paul in May 2007 so I wouldn't consider myself a newbie, but I think it is fair to characterize the process of the growing legions of people that find something of value in his platform as a "movement," because it is pretty fresh and raw on the business-as-usual dead and corrupt political scene as of late. Doesn't mean they agree on every last detail. As much as I respect your desire to be unique, there are many others that share your enthusiasm for Ron Paul. Having said that, you are unique, as is every human being. For a multitude of reasons that extend far beyond your interest in Ron Paul.

Bruno
09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
It's a big tent.

heavenlyboy34
09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
I donated to Ron Paul in May 2007 so I wouldn't consider myself a newbie, but I think it is fair to characterize the process of the growing legions of people that find something of value in his platform as a "movement." Doesn't mean they agree on every last detail. As much as I respect your desire to to 100% unique, there are many others that share your enthusiasm for Ron Paul. Having said that, you are unique as is every human being. For a multitude of reasons that go beyond your interest in Ron Paul.

Thanks for your input. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Rather, I'm just the suspicious type-especially with websites that mohels and others can get on

thehighwaymanq
09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
I think "the movement" is more 9/11 Truthers-esque.

The "Revolution" is more Ron Paul's movement's name.

anaconda
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for your input. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful

I didn't think you were being disrespectful. I just hate to see the Freedom Revolution lose a voice because it seemed too collectivist. Life, liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness leaves a lot of wiggle room for being an individual. But if we can all get together on just this much, maybe we can turn this thing around in Washington D.C.

RideTheDirt
09-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Pretty much...But Revolution is a better way to put it.

newyearsrevolution08
09-18-2008, 04:10 AM
the movement used to mean PATRIOTS... sad how we have to be looked at like a fuckin cult.