PDA

View Full Version : changes in the imperfect Constition

slothman
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
As it is Constition Day I am wondering what changes you would to it.
Any amendments you would throw out or add?
Most people here don't like the 14th or 16th or even the 17th.
Anything else?

Truth Warrior
09-17-2008, 03:02 PM
"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution. I would be willing to depend on that alone for the reduction of the administration of our government; I mean an additional article taking from the Federal Government the power of borrowing. I now deny their power of making paper money or anything else a legal tender. I know that to pay all proper expenses within the year would, in case of war, be hard on us. But not so hard as ten wars instead of one. For wars could be reduced in that proportion; besides that the State governments would be free to lend their credit in borrowing quotas." --Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1798. ME 10:64

Carole
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Restore the Bill of Rights. Eliminate unlawful amendments and especially sixteenth amendment.

Every bill must stand on its own. This would greatly reduce legislation and the chances of bad legislation.

Lobbyists representing corporations must be eliminated.

Eliminate executive orders and signing statements.

Whatever iis required to restore Liberty and the Republic.

Only children born of legal Americans become citizens.

1000-points-of-fright
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Original Intent and Violations Amendment: The Constitution and all its amendments shall be interpreted as they were originally intended by the authors and any government officials violating it will be charged with perjury.

nate895
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Original Intent and Violations Amendment: The Constitution and all its amendments shall be interpreted as they were originally intended by the authors and any government officials violating it will be charged with perjury.

Not perjury, treason.

1000-points-of-fright
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Not perjury, treason.

I was trying to be reasonable.

nate895
09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I was trying to be reasonable.

You don't need to be reasonable when fighting against tyranny, just see my signature.

Micah Dardar
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
We hold these truths to be self evident, that all HUMANS are created equally.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

The government may not decide what anyone consumes, no matter what the substance or the majority opinion may be. People should be allowed to self medicate themselves. The responsibility will lay with the individual and the family to decide how much is too much.

Not changing, just redefining to re-validate for today. Our Bill of Rights is really enough without anymore discrimination.

acptulsa
09-17-2008, 05:18 PM
We hold these truths to be self evident, that all HUMANS are created equally.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

You're thinking of the Declaration.

I agree with the sentiments of those who feel it needs teeth for self-defense.