PDA

View Full Version : Property Assessor BOMB!!!!!

BarryDonegan
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Many local governments have a Constitutionally elected Property Assessor who's job it is to value homes for tax purposes. these are tiny elections with HUGE ramifications. we need to get our guys in there who will value homes at their REAL VALUE, not at the value that the whim of the Fed falsely inflates it to.

my parents, along with many others in these devastating times, had to pay property taxes against a value of the house that it was easily 3x what they would be able to sell their house for. this is criminal, and we need our guys in there fighting against unfair, insanely high taxes on property.

LittleLightShining
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
You're right. Property Assessors are very important, often overlooked and even more often corrupt. My friend is on the Board of Civil Authority here (another important and oft-overlooked position) and has been absolutely swamped with grievance hearings over the last 2 months.

Highland
09-17-2008, 01:35 PM
great point! I am going to look into it!

Matt Collins
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Property tax is inherently in violation of property rights. If you already own it, why should you pay tax on it?

But, in many localities the zoning board is in the pocket of the larger developers. In fact so are a lot of local governments. Often times this is tied into a property assessor and can make winning one of these elections like trying to fight city hall. BUT if the same amount of effort all of the local Ron Paul supporters put in to RP's campaign a local election like that would definitely be winnable.

kathy88
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Property tax is inherently in violation of property rights. If you already own it, why should you pay tax on it?

But, in many localities the zoning board is in the pocket of the larger developers. In fact so are a lot of local governments. Often times this is tied into a property assessor and can make winning one of these elections like trying to fight city hall. BUT if the same amount of effort all of the local Ron Paul supporters put in to RP's campaign a local election like that would definitely be winnable.

Hear Hear, Matt. +1776