PDA

View Full Version : List of people outside of NC willing to volunteer for BJ Lawson

amy31416
09-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm sure in the coming months BJ's official campaign will have a need for some volunteers, even those who do not live in/near NC.

We could:

1. Make phone calls
2. Promote donations to the campaign on various message boards/C4L/BTM etc
3. Promote voter registration
4. Help provide more constitutions/materials that the campaign might need
5. Create phone scripts
6. Perhaps create videos?

Not sure about all the FEC laws, but I'll be the first to say that I'm available as a volunteer. Hopefully a list of people willing to volunteer will help organize some efforts to get BJ elected.

Anyone else?

james1844
09-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm reluctant to volunteer for anything specific, but would like to be kept in mind.

SnappleLlama
09-17-2008, 12:26 PM
I can't do much as a state employee regarding active political campaigning, but BJ Lawson definitely has my bank account at his service ;)

acptulsa
09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm reluctant to volunteer for anything specific, but would like to be kept in mind.

I hope his campaign will have sense enough to post here and tell us what he could use help with. Ask and ye shall receive.

yongrel
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
As usual, I'm game. I'm more than willing to help out if he ever swings by my neck of the woods.

amy31416
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
One of his campaign guys is a member of the forums, so I'm hoping this could help give him a list of those of us here who would like to volunteer. Not advocating anything specific, because I don't know of specific needs yet.

Whether it's with your wallet or with a couple hours emailing/making calls--you never know what kind of difference it could make.

MRoCkEd
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe he can set up one of those calling databases with a script/survey like Sabrin did so any of us can do it from our homes.

amy31416
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe he can set up one of those calling databases with a script/survey like Sabrin did so any of us can do it from our homes.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. I e-mailed around 100 meetup groups prior to his primary to help out the last time. With a decent head's up and a list of willing volunteers, they could organize something that wouldn't cost the campaign or us much, but could be very helpful.

No matter how much BJ raises, it probably won't be as much as Price, but it'd be great if BJ had the advantage in #'s of volunteers.

Speaking of which, there's a money bomb for him today. :) https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

Jeremy
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
One of his campaign guys is a member of the forums, so I'm hoping this could help give him a list of those of us here who would like to volunteer. Not advocating anything specific, because I don't know of specific needs yet.

Whether it's with your wallet or with a couple hours emailing/making calls--you never know what kind of difference it could make.

I'll email BJ or someone from his campaign with a link to this thread. So continue to post if you're interested and they'll see it eventually. =) By the way, BJ's username here at RPF is wtl.

amy31416
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I'll email BJ or someone from his campaign with a link to this thread. So continue to post if you're interested and they'll see it eventually. =) By the way, BJ's username here at RPF is wtl.

Thanks Storm. Perhaps this could get stickied in the BJ Lawson subforum to make it easier to find (if enough people sign on.)

rancher89
09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Down here in Charlotte (Dist 12) I'm holding a fundraiser for him on Sept 28th. I've been working on contacting everyone in a 100 mile radius that ever gave money to Ron Paul to invite them to come see and hear BJ, AND donate some money of course!! (BJ is in the 4th Dist--bout 3-1/2 hr drive away)

Ya'll come, now, ya hear??!!??!!

PS, the hubby will be doing some more of that smoker magic and I'll be whipping up some tasty treats as well. BYOB and bring some extra ice---doggone it, but we can throw a party!!!

TruthisTreason
09-17-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm sure in the coming months BJ's official campaign will have a need for some volunteers, even those who do not live in/near NC.

We could:

1. Make phone calls
5. Create phone scripts

Not sure about all the FEC laws, but I'll be the first to say that I'm available as a volunteer. Hopefully a list of people willing to volunteer will help organize some efforts to get BJ elected.

Anyone else?

I'd be up for pitching in. :cool:

DRV45N05
09-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Guys,

Anything that you can do for us is outstanding. Email me at paige.shetley@lawsonforcongress.com if you want to do something.

Some people have contacted the office already about coming here to canvass. We'll be more than happy to hook anyone who comes here up with accommodations if they want to come here.

Jeremy
09-17-2008, 06:35 PM
OK, I talked about BJ about making calls. This is what he said:

Jeremy -- we are absolutely encouraging people to do that. We don't have an online system for folks to go unattended, but we have a Lawson Phone Army that's being coordinated by David Williams:

david.williams@lawsonforcongress.com

Please feel free to publicize this opportunity -- folks should just email David, and he will get them set up within 24-48 hours or so.

Thanks!
BJ

thehighwaymanq
09-17-2008, 06:42 PM
We could:

1. Make phone calls
5. Create phone scripts

Question: I realize after Oct. 1 the C4L will release everything but are we going to set things like this up in every state for the C4L? Because I would love to volunteer for the C4L and promote that more than this right now.

CurtisLow
09-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Bump 4 BJ Lawson

amy31416
09-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Question: I realize after Oct. 1 the C4L will release everything but are we going to set things like this up in every state for the C4L? Because I would love to volunteer for the C4L and promote that more than this right now.

Completely separate question, I don't think the C4L can officially endorse any particular individual. You'll have to contact them or someone else who knows better can come along and tell you, but I think they're setting up some good networking stuff there.

amy31416
09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Synopsis:

Contact Paige Michael-Shetley if you can come into the state/canvass and volunteer and for miscellaneous volunteer work at: paige.shetley@lawsonforcongress.com

Contact david.williams@lawsonforcongress.com, if you'd like to specifically be part of the phone "army" that's being coordinated.