PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul reaches out to Gun Rights Groups (event)

DeadheadForPaul
09-04-2007, 05:25 PM
apologize if this is old news. I havent been on the internet much in the past few days

Just got this in the mail:
-----------------

Dear Fellow Gun Rights Activist,

I would like to personally invite you to our 22nd annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC), which will be taking place October 5, 6, and 7, 2007 at the Drawbridge Inn and Convention Center in Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky (Cincinnati, Ohio area, next to the airport).

With the new battles over individual rights in the age of terrorism, attacks on our gun rights from the UN as well as a number of Second Amendment cases in the courts, the theme of Freedom's Future? is most important as we set the pro-gun rights agenda for the year to come.

This year GRPC will be action-packed. With over 50 speakers hand-picked from the leadership of the Gun Rights Movement, the topics to be presented promise to have an impact that will help direct the path of our cause for years to come. Scheduled speakers this year include: myself, Joe Tartaro, Wayne LaPierre, John Lott, Massad Ayoob, David Kopel, John Snyder, as well as staff from the Second Amendment Foundation, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, KeepAndBearArms.com, and Gun Owners of America. A number of elected political leaders have bee! n invited as well.

Congressman Ron Paul (R - TX), candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States, has confirmed he will speak at GRPC.

As in the past, the Second Amendment Foundation will not only pick up the tab for lunch and snacks, but will also provide more than $125 worth of vital pro-gun rights materials to each attendee.

In addition to the luncheon and free materials, you will have the opportunity to chat with the speakers at the two evening NSSF and NRA planned receptions.

This event is so important to our cause, that the SAF Board of Trustees has elected to help underwrite the entire cost of the event. Your cost to attend this event is absolutely free!

Because of the number of people who travel every year to attend this event, I have negotiated a special discount room rate for GRPC attendees. Reservations for the special discounted room rate of $69 per night can be made by calling 1-800-354-9793, and telling them you are planning on attending the Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) sponsored by the Second Amendment Foundation.

If you have any questions, please call the SAF office at (425) 454-7012 to register. You can also register online at our [ http://saf.org/default.asp?p=GRPC ]GRPC Registration & Information Page, or send an e-mail to [ mailto:grpc2007@saf.org ]grpc2007@saf.org, or fax us at 425-451-3959.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
Founder, Second Amendment Foundation

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 05:27 PM
awesome

DeadheadForPaul
09-04-2007, 05:33 PM
The event is free for all you RP fans in the area! Free food, free gun rights materials and free Dr. Paul. Sounds like a blast to me

Lesgov
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
The campaign here in NH is putting a big push on the 2nd amendment. Our meetup group was at a two day gun show this week end in Concord.. We passed out about 1200 fliers and had very good response.

FSP-Rebel
09-04-2007, 05:53 PM
The campaign here in NH is putting a big push on the 2nd amendment. Our meetup group was at a two day gun show this week end in Concord.. We passed out about 1200 fliers and had very good response.
I expect nothing less from the great NH meetup group.

SWATH
09-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Awesome That is about 15min from my house. I'll be there!

FSP-Rebel
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Awesome That is about 15min from my house. I'll be there!
I'm trying to make it as well.

DeadheadForPaul
09-04-2007, 09:42 PM
bump

Texan4Life
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
sounds sweet.... I hope someone gets some video.

ksuguy
09-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Excellent news. This is exactly the kind of thing Ron needs to do more of. I hope some of you guys in the area will be bringing a boatload of slim jims to hand out!

Don't miss this opportunity! I'll be manning the local big gun show that weekend, but I'd consider driving out there for this event if I wasn't.

ksuguy
09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Also, I'm wondering if Cam Edwards from NRANews.com will be there. I know they like to simulcast and do interviews at big events like this. If so, this would be a great opportunity for Ron to get on Cam & Company.

john_anderson_ii
09-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I think he will get a lot of support from this sector. Which is good because I remember reading somewhere that 41% of population owns a gun. I'm one of those people who would feel much safer if that number were higher.

I'm going to my first ever RP campaign event this weekend, it's the biggest gun show in Arizona (a big pro-gun state). I'm burning DVDs for the event right now. I also downloaded the RP gun owner's slim jim that was posted in another thread, but my printer is too crappy to make the image decent, and I don't have the money right now to have kinko's print them up, so I'm hoping someone else from the meetup saw my email and can get them printed.

Anyway, I'll probably be at the booth talking to people, because I'm avid supporter of the RTKB, I have quite a few guns, I hang out in 2A support circles and on their forums, and I speak their language. However, I've never walked up to people and starting politicking before.

I have some questions:
1.) Most gun owners, even gun rights activists, see the need for some controls on firearms. A lot of gun people I talk with want to be able to own a submachine gun, but don't want the convicted felon gangbagers down the street to have one. I'm not sure how many gun owners believe the state can handle this better than the fed. Any ideas on talking points supporting this?

2.) Besides the pro-gun slim jim, are there any other flier type documents highlighting Ron Paul's pro-gun stance while exposing his RINO opponents stance?

3.) I have the RP DVDs being burned, but they focus mostly on the economy, media blackout, and foreign policy. Given my limited budget would I be better served saving these for a constitution fair my meetup plans to attend the following weekend?

4.) I plan on having a laptop there with cellular wireless so anyone interested can donate to the campaign immediately and directly. Would this be too pushy?

I really want to stress the fact that H.R. 1022 is on the table, and on the minds of the liberal congress. Pres. Bush said he would sign it if it came across his desk. We all know Guilianni would sign it. Ron Paul needs veto power to block this unconstitutional bill, and he would use it immediately without a second thought.