PDA

View Full Version : OPEN THE DEBATES! *idea inside*

cujothekitten
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Remember what we did with Ron Paul? We created a huge internet surge for him. We swamped the media with calls and e-mail. We shut down servers! We blocked the phone lines! We made websites, videos, ads, wrote articles, and commented on blogs! We created a buzz that garnered Paul millions of dollars and tons of media publicity!

Why on earth aren't we doing this again for the debates? Why not jam the media demanding the other parties have a seat with the repbulicrats? At the very least they should understand that we are still unsatisfied!

We did this before and it unified us... it gave us something to fight for. Lets do it again. Let's make websites, videos, ads, write articles, and comment on blogs. Let them know we are still here and still angry at the two party system!

OPEN THE DEBATES!

slacker921
09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm with you.. but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it from the CFL or the people running campaigns. Maybe they know it's a futile effort? Otherwise when Ron Paul had his press conference and had McKinney, Baldwin, and Nader there they would have all worked out some sort of plan to pool money and run ads or maybe set up a PAC to be a focal point for efforts.

Also see here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=154168

And I think the window of opportunity has come and gone. I've heard that the CPD will not be adding another candidate to the debates no matter how much uproar they hear, but they'll consider it for the next election. ha.

dannno
09-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm trying!! I'm just so busy RIGHT NOW, this last week or so..

Help me with ideas for my website.. Especially ideas that will help open up the debates. See my signature below.. My roommate can do just about anything anybody can think of, he's an amazing web developer.

I just need to finish up with some content and the site will be up soon.

SnappleLlama
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
The title of this thread reminds me of a kids' cereal box.

*enlarged to show texture*

cujothekitten
09-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm with you.. but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it from the CFL or the people running campaigns. Maybe they know it's a futile effort? Otherwise when Ron Paul had his press conference and had McKinney, Baldwin, and Nader there they would have all worked out some sort of plan to pool money and run ads or maybe set up a PAC to be a focal point for efforts.

Ron Paul's campaign didn't give us direction to get this done, we did it ourselves. We decided to write e-mails and swarm the media. We invented the money bomb. If the campaigns won't give us direction then we make it ourselves.

Also see here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=154168

Bumping that ^_^

And I think the window of opportunity has come and gone. I've heard that the CPD will not be adding another candidate to the debates no matter how much uproar they hear, but they'll consider it for the next election. ha.

I'm not expecting them to actually be let into the debates, I just want to make enough noise that they know a large segment of the population is upset. The main goal is massive media attention.

angelatc
09-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Long time no see!

It's a great idea, but I just don't sense the Ron Paul energy emanating from the CFL. Part of it might be because we don't have a mission these days, that's true. So it's worth a try...

cujothekitten
09-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm trying!! I'm just so busy RIGHT NOW, this last week or so..

Help me with ideas for my website.. Especially ideas that will help open up the debates. See my signature below.. My roommate can do just about anything anybody can think of, he's an amazing web developer.

I just need to finish up with some content and the site will be up soon.

I think the site should be simple and to the point. Give people ideas on how to raise awareness about the issue. Tell them to e-mail like they did with Paul, digg as much as possible, call the media. We need to be as outraged about this as we were when Paul was blocked from debates.

cujothekitten
09-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Long time no see!

It's a great idea, but I just don't sense the Ron Paul energy emanating from the CFL. Part of it might be because we don't have a mission these days, that's true. So it's worth a try...

I've been super busy lately (and I moved :D) but I plan on showing up here a little more :)

We don't need direction, we're self sufficient... that's what made the Paul campaign so unique. We came up with our own ideas and went with them.

I have a feeling Paul is trying to get us to follow our own path again with this :p