PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE PLEASE fill out your State C4L org info at the RPF's WIKI!

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 09:20 AM
go here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=150679

and edit the page with your state's info PLEASE!

Here we are 2 and a half weeks AFTER the Rally in St Paul, and the page remains woefully blank...

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 09:39 AM
If I have to bump this every 10 minutes until people start filling out their info, I will. :D

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 09:45 AM
I wasn't kidding either!

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
yep, bumping again

Micah Dardar
09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey Torch and Shotdown, will we be discussing this on Saturday, or will we be specifically concerned with the Paul/Goldwater ticket?

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
and again

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Thank you salinaspaul!

Highland
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
my district is covered...NC 11

btw...Gary was great in these

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad/

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
my district is covered...NC 11

Awesome! But a LOT of states have no information AT ALL in them, and I know we have at leas STATE coordinators from every state, anbd I am sure we have RPF-ers from every state here on the forums.

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm gonna annoy the heck out of everyone with this until we have at least one point of contact for all 50 states. ;-)

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Georgia, Illinois, and Minnesota are the only 3 completely filled out.

Louisiana and North Carolina are mostly filled in.

Florida, Kansas, and Pennsylvania have one each.

The rest are plumb blank. We can do better than that!

42 states (Including California) have NO INFORMATION for people to contact if they want to help the C4L...not to mention Washington DC and the several territories.

heavenlyboy34
09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
If I knew the answer, I would post. How can I find out? (PM me about it too, if ya can)

LittleLightShining
09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Awesome! But a LOT of states have no information AT ALL in them, and I know we have at leas STATE coordinators from every state, anbd I am sure we have RPF-ers from every state here on the forums.Do you know who the state coordinator for VT is? I've been trying to find out and no one seems to know.

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
If I knew the answer, I would post. How can I find out? (PM me about it too, if ya can)

Do you know who the state coordinator for VT is? I've been trying to find out and no one seems to know.

For the moment, your State coordinator is the same person who was the Ron Paul 2008 PCC, pending a statewide C4L meeting where your permanent officers are elected. Your (temporary, pending election) district coordinators are the people from your state who were sent to the C4L Leadership Summit.

LittleLightShining
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
For the moment, your State coordinator is the same person who was the Ron Paul 2008 PCC, pending a statewide C4L meeting where your permanent officers are elected. Your (temporary, pending election) district coordinators are the people from your state who were sent to the C4L Leadership Summit.As far as I know, Northern New England was considered a block by the RP 2008 Campaign and we were assigned a regional coordinator who, hate to say it, did absolutely nothing in regards to VT. Please, please tell me I misunderstood you.

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
As far as I know, Northern New England was considered a block by the RP 2008 Campaign and we were assigned a regional coordinator who, hate to say it, did absolutely nothing in regards to VT. Please, please tell me I misunderstood you.

No you did not. The use of the RP08 PCC as temporary C4L state coordinators is just until your state can meet up and elect officers. If nobody is doing it in your state, I would take the initiative (I am doing this in my state currently) to contact the National C4L group, find out FIRST if your state even HAS a state coordinator assigned, find out what their requirements are for a package submitted to affiliate with National, and then gather as many folks in your state as you can to form a "Mass Meeting To Organize a Permanent Society" (See sections 53 and 54 in the 10th edition of Robert's Rules of Order for guidelines)

If you can get 30 people together to vote and elect officers, approve bylaws, and approve a Plan of Organization, then YOU will be your state chapter of the C4L.

I would go to the C4L website as soon as you can, find the "contact us" address, and basically ask, "Who is my state coordinator, and what do we have to do to form a state C4L chapter affiliated with C4L national?" Then, when they answer, follow their instructions, hold your meeting, submit your package, and voila! you will then have a permanent state C4L chapter.

Julian
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Washington state will be meeting in 2 weeks to establish a state C4L chapter, so I'll see about getting the list updated after the meeting. However, I don't think it's a great idea to post all this information publicly on the internet, all in one place. It makes it to easy for the wrong people to get all the organizational contacts for the entire country, and also makes it way to easy for software to harvest all those email addresses. We may be out in the open now, but we don't need to be that public.

constituent
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
constructive criticism bump:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/for/lowres/forn238l.jpg

isn't going over well.

take it or leave it.

No you did not. The use of the RP08 PCC as temporary C4L state coordinators is just until your state can meet up and elect officers. If nobody is doing it in your state, I would take the initiative (I am doing this in my state currently) to contact the National C4L group, find out FIRST if your state even HAS a state coordinator assigned, find out what their requirements are for a package submitted to affiliate with National, and then gather as many folks in your state as you can to form a "Mass Meeting To Organize a Permanent Society" (See sections 53 and 54 in the 10th edition of Robert's Rules of Order for guidelines)

If you can get 30 people together to vote and elect officers, approve bylaws, and approve a Plan of Organization, then YOU will be your state chapter of the C4L.

I would go to the C4L website as soon as you can, find the "contact us" address, and basically ask, "Who is my state coordinator, and what do we have to do to form a state C4L chapter affiliated with C4L national?" Then, when they answer, follow their instructions, hold your meeting, submit your package, and voila! you will then have a permanent state C4L chapter.

constituent
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
However, I don't think it's a great idea to post all this information publicly on the internet, all in one place. It makes it to easy for the wrong people to get all the organizational contacts for the entire country...

http://www.herecomestheboss.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/spy-vs-spy-without-bombs-775529.jpg

c'mon now.

Julian
09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Uh, what? Sorry, I guess I'm a little dense, you're reply went right over my head.

All I know is that the GOP establishment in WA is trying to do anything they can to keep us out of the process. They phonebanked against our contested PCO candidates, spreading lies that we are leftists, etc. They are not going to stop there, they want us to go away, and will use any tactic they can think of to make it happen. I don't think we should make it easy for them, by posting potentially sensitive information all in one place.

LittleLightShining
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM

Thank you, Gunny! *runs to alert her meetup group*

thehighwaymanq
09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Is there an age requirement on being a State Coordinator?

constituent
09-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Uh, what? Sorry, I guess I'm a little dense, you're reply went right over my head.

All I know is that the GOP establishment in WA is trying to do anything they can to keep us out of the process. They phonebanked against our contested PCO candidates, spreading lies that we are leftists, etc. They are not going to stop there, they want us to go away, and will use any tactic they can think of to make it happen. I don't think we should make it easy for them, by posting potentially sensitive information all in one place.

You think the $35 minimum limit will keep them out?

My point is this,

1) paranoia will get you nowhere. acting out on your fear of "infiltration" or whatever will not only turn people off that don't care for the "hush-hush" atmosphere and the paranoid mindset, it will also turn those off who seek basic information only to find a long row of hoops they must jump through first.

you will turn off 1,000 people to protect yourself from 1 or 2.

i think you and others really need to consider that and its implications as you move forward in your attempts to develop and grow the organization.

2) a closed-source mentality (which is clearly the approach so far) will kill the organization before it starts, preventing it from ever become a force to be reckoned with.

Again, constructive criticism, you're free to take it or leave it.

LittleLightShining
09-17-2008, 03:07 PM

isn't going over well.

take it or leave it.This definitely concerns me, but we'll see what happens. My meetup is already fired up and ready to go and we just got the info a few minutes ago. We'll see what happens. If anything we're becoming organized as both RP Republicans and Libertarians, working together to try to get better people elected.

BlueCalico
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
"we just got the info a few minutes ago"

BlueCalico
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Thank you, Gunny! *runs to alert her meetup group*

Where did the "get 30 people together" and you can be your own Chapter come from?

This isn't what was discussed in Minneapolis.

Debbie Hopper
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure where this information is coming from, but it's not correct.

Austin
09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Indiana updated.

LittleLightShining
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure where this information is coming from, but it's not correct.Can you give me the correct information please?

Micah Dardar
09-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't think it's a great idea to post all this information publicly on the internet, all in one place. It makes it to easy for the wrong people to get all the organizational contacts for the entire country, and also makes it way to easy for software to harvest all those email addresses. We may be out in the open now, but we don't need to be that public.

We all need to choose our own level of involvement. Complete transparency and honesty is the best way to win over the minds of those that are tired of lies. We can't hide like a bunch of militants. We are trying to have a peaceful revolutionary takeover. I have no problem with screaming to America "hey, here I am, Mr. Micah Dardar, and I proudly represent the views of Ron Paul, the Founding Fathers, and the Founding Documents of the United States of America". "I will act like the 1st Amendment exists until they cut my tongue out or execute me."

If you want to remain quiet, then you may not want to try for a position. We need people that are willing to put their name, and maybe even their life, on the line in the name of our nation and Constitution. Ron Paul did it for us, and it's the least we could do for him.

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm not sure where this information is coming from, but it's not correct.

Hello Debbie,

I know who you are, but I think if you examine what I said...all importantly: in context, then is has to be true.

The senario as it was given:

A state with no PCC or coordinator AT ALL,
no existing C4L structure AT ALL,
no C4L contact AT ALL;

I said:

FIRST contact National and find out if there is a point of contact for the state
and if there truly was NOT,
THEN find out from National what the requirements for forming a state chapter are
THEN gather all the dedicated Ron Paul people you can find
THEN meet the requirements set by national to become a state chapter,
and THEN you will be the state C4L chapter.

In other words, the statement that one could "get 30 people together" to form their own chapter only applies if National verifies that ther is NO state C4L contact or structure whatsoever, and if those 30 people met all the requirements set out by National to become a state chapter.

As far as I know, this is exactly what we discussed in Minnesota.

In other words, when you take the statement in context, then if, and only if National verifies that their state has NOBODY, then find out national's requirements, gather the people, and form your own.

In Minnesota, we were told that the C4L was bottom-up and not top-down, and that it would be up to us to form our groups, elect our officers, and submit our packages.

I think you will find that if there indeed is ZERO contact or structure in a given state, as verified by National, and they gathered their RP People together to form a state chapter, this is exactly the logical conclusion of what we were told in Minnesota.

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:04 AM
We all need to choose our own level of involvement. Complete transparency and honesty is the best way to win over the minds of those that are tired of lies. We can't hide like a bunch of militants. We are trying to have a peaceful revolutionary takeover. I have no problem with screaming to America "hey, here I am, Mr. Micah Dardar, and I proudly represent the views of Ron Paul, the Founding Fathers, and the Founding Documents of the United States of America". "I will act like the 1st Amendment exists until they cut my tongue out or execute me."

If you want to remain quiet, then you may not want to try for a position. We need people that are willing to put their name, and maybe even their life, on the line in the name of our nation and Constitution. Ron Paul did it for us, and it's the least we could do for him.

While I agree with this...all of this...wholeheartedly -- I think it's POSSIBLE that a tactical scenario may occur in a given state where it is still a good idea to remain under the radar for another year, or 2 at the very most.

For instance, if it would truly help the 2009 & 2011 GOP take-back to sneak C4L-ers into the convention cycle by the gross, then maybe that state should sneak, if only to facilitate the take-back.

Honestly, I am with you in that I don't see a whole heckuvalot of scenarios in which an anonymous C4L coordinator would be a benefit, even in an openly hostile state. Indeed, I think it would be a detriment to the very necessary recruiting effort required to build up enough manpower to "vote the bastards out" of their GOP Chairs. But I am allowing for the possibility that they are facing a scenario that I can not envision or foresee.

Nonetheless, they would need to have at LEAST a State contact so that people on RPF's from Washington who want to help the C4L can contact them and be directed to their local coordinator.

Also, being a publicly registered group with elected officers, the identity of those officers will be public knowledge ANYWAY, which the GOP will be able to easily find, so I don't honestly know what good hiding a name on RPF's would do, but...again, I don't know everything. ;)

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Indiana updated.

Hey Krippy, thank you so much! You ROCK! :)

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Can you give me the correct information please?

If anybody on the planet should be able to get you the correct info & points of contact for your state & requirements for setting up a state chapter -- it's Debbie. :)

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Where did the "get 30 people together" and you can be your own Chapter come from?

This isn't what was discussed in Minneapolis.

I have met female Gunnery Sergeants in the Marine Corps, but I am not one of them. ;)

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:11 AM

isn't going over well.

take it or leave it.

Hmm, it is awful hard to coordinate a State or a District, without a State or a District Coordinator...

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:18 AM
I just want to say a hearty thank you! to the following awesome liberty-loving souls who have helped update the list thus far:

shesapainter, rancher89, The Lantern, Scribbler de Stebbing, torchbearer, ARealConservative, brandonyates, NCGOPer_for_Paul, salinaspaul, raystone, Ron Paul Vermont, Krippy, gunjin22, austin4paul, JS4Pat

LittleLightShining
09-18-2008, 06:20 AM
If anybody on the planet should be able to get you the correct info & points of contact for your state & requirements for setting up a state chapter -- it's Debbie. :)Thanks again, Gunny. and for your clarification above. I'm going to call HQ today and see what I can come up with. I'm hoping we don't already have someone assigned to us just because if we did and nobody in our meetup even knows who it is... well... that would not be a good sign.

GunnyFreedom
09-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks again, Gunny. and for your clarification above. I'm going to call HQ today and see what I can come up with. I'm hoping we don't already have someone assigned to us just because if we did and nobody in our meetup even knows who it is... well... that would not be a good sign.

It's not as bad as you think. One of your first-first actions will be voting for your State C4L Coordinator. If you have that much of an issue with the person they identify -- vote for someone else. ;)

constituent
09-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Hmm, it is awful hard to coordinate a State or a District, without a State or a District Coordinator...

wrong.

though as a military type i can see why you would feel that way.

like i said, take it or leave it. i see you'll leave it, your choice and fine by me.

LittleLightShining
09-18-2008, 07:17 AM
It's not as bad as you think. One of your first-first actions will be voting for your State C4L Coordinator. If you have that much of an issue with the person they identify -- vote for someone else. ;)Just got off the phone with Andrew at HQ and we have no state coordinator. He said it sounds like VT is going to be interesting because we are so small that we won't need to necessarily have an organized top-down structure. It's possible I misunderstood him, but he gave me a contact to send a list of questions to and in the meantime encouraged me to work with my meetup group to discuss possible candidates for the coordinator position and begin organizing our chapter.

I'm still at a loss as to how to set up an organization for a chapter when the rules and details for national still aren't finalized but we'll see what happens.

Debbie, if you're interested in talking to me about any of this I would love to discuss it with you. Feel free to pm me and maybe we can talk via telephone?

Sally08
09-18-2008, 08:18 AM
However, I don't think it's a great idea to post all this information publicly on the internet, all in one place. It makes it to easy for the wrong people to get all the organizational contacts for the entire country, and also makes it way to easy for software to harvest all those email addresses. We may be out in the open now, but we don't need to be that public.

I totally agree with your concern.

Have all of the names being publicly posted by district/state been effectively made available for state/national GOP "blacklisting"?

Can you imagine the next state convention or RNC?:eek:

Does CFL know that this information is being requested for all states and is being publicly posted on RonPaulForums.com (no login required)?

Did the District coordinators below give *permission* to publicly post their full names with area of which state?

***Do you have any idea how easy it is to get *home addresses*, phone numbers, and/or year of birth with just the information below?

Question: Why isn't this information being collected by CFL through its own site with data access restrictions?

If a $35 membership fee is being required for Precinct Captains, shouldn't this District-level information only be made available to paying members as part of the CFL tools?

Obviously, the "opposition" would fork over the $35, but at least they'd be donating to the cause.:rolleyes:

However, then, there would at least be a valid e-mail address and IP address tracking.

It's the criminals and spammers who have been given free access that concern me:(

Constituent and I disagree on the cost/benefit of publicly posting this information, assuming the people gave permission to have their names publicly posted.:D

GunnyFreedom
09-23-2008, 04:32 AM
ba-rump!

Danke
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Honestly, I am with you in that I don't see a whole heckuvalot of scenarios in which an anonymous C4L coordinator would be a benefit, even in an openly hostile state. Indeed, I think it would be a detriment to the very necessary recruiting effort required to build up enough manpower to "vote the bastards out" of their GOP Chairs. But I am allowing for the possibility that they are facing a scenario that I can not envision or foresee.

Nonetheless, they would need to have at LEAST a State contact so that people on RPF's from Washington who want to help the C4L can contact them and be directed to their local coordinator.

Also, being a publicly registered group with elected officers, the identity of those officers will be public knowledge ANYWAY, which the GOP will be able to easily find, so I don't honestly know what good hiding a name on RPF's would do, but...again, I don't know everything. ;)

I like what Marianne did for Minnesota. State Coordinator contact info and just the first names for the districts. Anyone can then contact her (their State Coordinator) to pass their information on to the local level. And for us already active, first names is enough.