PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten info on Rand Paul for Pres....2012??

Highland
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I am serious about this...My husband and I met him and kids for a few hours in SC at the Blimp and I was so impressed...he has all of his dad's knowledge + youth and a cute family. He is the real deal and he is even a Dr. Who fan to boot! What do ya'll think?:rolleyes:

gls
09-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I would first like to see him run for Congress, or even a local office. His involvement with the Kentucky Taxpayer's Union is certainly a step in the right direction.

berrybunches
09-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I saw him in Kentucky at a RP rally and was also impressed. I agree with the first poster that he needs to start out smaller. From what I have heard I think he does plan on running for congress eventually. Rand 2016? 2020?

Imperial
09-17-2008, 09:55 AM
He said he isn't running for office there yet b/c of Mitch McConnel and his hold on the Republican purse.

So, anyone in Kentucky can vow to vote against McConnel. He has a chance to be dislodged this year by a democrat...

Then, maybe Rand will have a chance.

dsentell
09-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Does anyone think we will be voting for a president in 2012??????

Jeremy
09-17-2008, 10:02 AM
uhhhh... he should do congress first

and im sure he'd win

gjvrieze
09-17-2008, 10:03 AM

newyearsrevolution08
09-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes run for something and build a track record.

Why is everyone 0-60 in here?

That is just like those "trying" to go straight to senate when they have never held any office at all before. I think our revolution needs to use the building blocks and look at a 4-8 year starting point where we build up local and state office holdings and then move on up.

I would love it if we could completely vote out everyone in senate and congress and whatnot BUT it doesn't work that easy. I would also like to see those who we hope will work for us actually build a PROVEN record as doing that at local and state levels FIRST before they try and run for million to multi million dollar campaign runs

TruthisTreason
09-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll be having breakfast with Rand, tomorrow, as part of a book meet up group. :D We'll be discussing The Real Lincoln, tomorrow.

You want me to ask him about running for Pres. ? :p

HarbingerOfTruth
09-17-2008, 10:12 AM
I'll be having breakfast with Rand, tomorrow, as part of a book meet up group. :D We'll be discussing The Real Lincoln, tomorrow.

Or even just Congress.

newyearsrevolution08
09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Or even just Congress.

Governor would be his best bet, but before that MAYOR.

Why not change one city into a liberty city and get those 100k+ people voting CORRECTLY? Imagine having the highest amount of liberty minded people voting in your districts compared to the rest of America?

We really should deal with this more locally...

If we all took over our cities by being mayors and city council (depending on who actually holds the power, as some allow council and others allow the mayor) then we can educate entire cities into voting correctly next time around AND these campaigns would be easier to win then congressional and presidential runs.

We could also afford to self fund our own campaigns.

TruthisTreason
09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Or even just Congress.

I'm sure he will, when he feels the time is right (run for something).

As I hope all of us will consider running for an elected position. I know I'd never really considered running for a political office, until the last few months. I plan to run for something (a local or state position) in the very near future.

TruthisTreason
09-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Speaking of Rand. I know not too many posters live near this event, but here it is anyway.

He will be speaking this Saturday around 6pm at a Freedom Fest in Madisonville
Stanley's Pumpkin Patch
8157 Brown Road
Madisonville KY 42431

Highland
09-17-2008, 11:08 AM

yeah tell him Dawn and Dale said hi to Duncman!:D

tonesforjonesbones
09-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I was hoping for Rand Paul also..but he also has no experience in politics other than campaigning for his pop. tones

nate895
09-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Governor would be his best bet, but before that MAYOR.

Why not change one city into a liberty city and get those 100k+ people voting CORRECTLY? Imagine having the highest amount of liberty minded people voting in your districts compared to the rest of America?

We really should deal with this more locally...

If we all took over our cities by being mayors and city council (depending on who actually holds the power, as some allow council and others allow the mayor) then we can educate entire cities into voting correctly next time around AND these campaigns would be easier to win then congressional and presidential runs.

We could also afford to self fund our own campaigns.

He's from a small town, I think. Congress (Senate or House), or Governor is the best way to go.

SnappleLlama
09-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Definitely start small, build a nice following of supporters, and go from there! It would be nice to have another "Paul" in the House!

Micah Dardar
09-17-2008, 11:35 AM
I saw Rand, and I am impressed. I'm sure that his parents raised him with the utmost integrity. I would like to see him take a local seat first.

Did someone say that he lives in Kentucky? I would like to see him address why Kentucky has cameras every few miles in the country on I-65, and why their police force is so aggressive. I didn't get pulled over, but I definitely didn't feel like I was in a free country in both Kentucky and Indiana.