PDA

View Full Version : Oprah Takes on Mothers will Support of S.B 1738

Change
09-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Oprah Winfrey is leading a campaign to help protect our nation's children from online predators who sexually prey on our children. She is calling for citizens to Contact Congress in support of Senate Bill 1738. Get more details and voice your views here. You can visit Oprah's web site for more details on her campaign.

Change
09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
From Moms point of view, Thanks but no Thanks Oprah! Combined in your bill is another bill The Mothers Act (S. 1375) that is now attached to the Oprah bill S. 1738, A bill to establish a "Special Counsel for Child Exploitation Prevention." Oprah and the 37 CoSponsors of this bill take note, parents defeated the Mother Act just months ago that would have mandated a forced psychiatric evaluation on all new mothers giving birth before leaving the hospital.

The Oprah bill wants to have tracking authority on the internet. Under the cover of yet another failed federal program to stop child exploitation.

Currently we have each State in the Country struggling with Abuse of Power and forced drugging of children with the Department of Children and Family Services, a Government Agency! We have in the State of Connecticut, a Federal Auditor coming to conduct an investigation into the Department of Children and Family Service, next week. In the State of Massachusetts, in the 2000 we had 100% of children being treated for Mental Illness.

If the government wants to track something, they should start tracking the amount of children in foster care on mind altering drugs.

DEFEAT Oprah's Bill 1738. Tell Oprah, Thanks but no Thanks.

SnappleLlama
09-17-2008, 07:48 AM
*sigh*

What would we do without Oprah to lead us?

Change
09-17-2008, 04:02 PM
URGENT: SENATOR HARRY REID IS ONCE AGAIN TRYING TO PASS A PACKAGE OF BILLS INCLUDING THE MOTHERS ACT.

Information: Several weeks ago, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid packaged a number of bills together and tried to get the bills passed as one package (The "Coburn" Omnibus Bill). While the package of bills included some legislation that was positive, it also included The MOTHERS Act. As a mother who was prescribed antidepressants days after giving birth (because my three-day-old son required emergency medical treatment for a life-threatening choking incident and I was very upset by the incident, medical professionals, including my OBGYN, chose to consider my worry about my newborn Postpartum Anxiety -- instead of a normal reaction of any new mother concerned about her son), and who was subsequently forced to continue these drugs while involuntarily held in a psychiatric ward, I understand the implications of this screening and "treatment" legislation better than any of its advocates. On the drugs I became suicidal and had thoughts of extreme violence I had never before experienced in my life.

Please take a moment to do the following to protect mothers who will not be as fortunate as I was in realizing it was the drugs making me psychotic. You can see a video of my son below with the facts about antidepressants.

Sincerely

Amy Philo

Founder, UNITE http://www.uniteforlife.org

IPSecure
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
We need to introduce the "Track All Government Employees Bill (S. 1776-II) ", including evaluation of all Senators, Presidents, and include a 'rider' for talk show hosts... If we 'employ' the Government, should we not have the ability to track them?

Change
09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I totally support the "Track All Government Employees Bill (S. 1776-II) "

ClayTrainor
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
We need to introduce the "Track All Government Employees Bill (S. 1776-II) ", including evaluation of all Senators, Presidents, and include a 'rider' for talk show hosts... If we 'employ' the Government, should we not have the ability to track them?

fuck yea...

I think the gov. is watching the people enough...

Time to flip that shit on their ass!

Fuck Oprah... she is an elite liberal, lets admit it.

ItsTime
09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Oprah can go #$#@$#@ herself

Change
09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Vote to take place this morning on Omnibus Bill

Attention: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Fax: 202-224-2499
URGENT: SENATOR HARRY REID IS ONCE AGAIN TRYING TO PASS A PACKAGE OF BILLS INCLUDING THE MOTHERS ACT.

Information: Several weeks ago, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid packaged a number of bills together and tried to get the bills passed as one package (The "Coburn" Omnibus Bill). While the package of bills included some legislation that was positive, it also included The MOTHERS Act. As a mother who was prescribed antidepressants days after giving birth

Dear Senator;
AbleChild is a non-profit 501c3 national parent’s rights organization dedicated to protecting full informed consent and the right to refuse psychiatric services. Ablechild educates parents on the risks associated with drugging children and promotes a label and drug free education in our schools. AbleChild has no religious or political affiliations.
On behalf of Ablechild’s 10,000 nationwide members, we ask you not to pass The Mother’s Act as part of an omnibus package.

The MOTHERS Act is a highly controversial bill, considering the growing public awareness that antidepressants have serious and even deadly side effects. This bill, if passed, will assuredly increase the number of pregnant women and new mothers being put on antidepressant drugs. There are already too many pregnant women being put on antidepressants evidenced by the FDA’s adverse reaction reports (MedWatch) listed below. This bill will assuredly increase the number of pregnant women and new mothers being prescribed antidepressants documented by the U.S. FDA to cause suicidal ideation, mania, worsening depression and birth defects. FDA’s MedWatch System (Adverse Drug Reactions) already has overwhelming evidence of spontaneous abortions, premature babies and birth defects from SSRI antidepressants:

Doctors, other health care providers, pharmacists, lawyers and consumers filed the following adverse drug reaction reports with the FDA’s MedWatch system during 2004-2007 concerning pregnant women taking antidepressants (the most common and recommended treatment for women diagnosed with postpartum depression). In all the reports below, antidepressants were cited as the primary suspected drug to have caused the adverse reaction in pregnant women:

145 spontaneous abortions
150 premature babies
208 babies born with heart disease
218 babies born with defects

Page 2 of 2 Ablechild: 10,000 members nationwide says Vote No on Mother’s Act Attached to Coburn Omnibus Bill

The FDA states that only 1-10% of side effects are even reported to their MedWatch database. Using a median range of 5% being reported, the actual number of pregnant women experiencing adverse reactions to antidepressant drugs is estimated as follows:

2,900 spontaneous abortions
3,000 premature births
4,160 babies born with heart disease
4,360 babies born with birth defects

The “Melanie Blocker-Stokes Postpartum Depression Research and Care Act,” also known as “The MOTHERS Act” was named after Melanie Stokes, a new mother who was subjected to a cocktail of psychiatric drugs and electroshock after being diagnosed with post-partum depression. It was only after she had been administered drugs documented by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to cause suicidal ideation that she committed suicide. There is too much controversy over antidepressants to pass any legislation that could increase the administration of these drugs to pregnant women and new mothers. Do not allow the pharmaceutical interests to put new mothers and their unborn children at risk. Do not pass the MOTHERS Act.

Send a FAX and tell the Senator, NO DEAL