PDA

View Full Version : President Forever

paulaholic
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Does anyone else have this computer game? I'm completely hooked. It's pretty difficult but really fun and enjoyable. I wish there was a bit more detail, but still great nonetheless.

Discuss.

ghemminger
09-04-2007, 04:48 PM
It might be cool if I knew what u were takin about ....

Kuldebar
09-04-2007, 04:56 PM
It might be cool if I knew what u were takin about ....

LOL. Yes, like WTF is the OP talking about?

I play Guild Wars myself. :)

Edit:

Now you can run the ins and outs of a presidential campaign in the most realistic game of its type. President Forever lets you match George W. Bush against John Kerry. You set the issues. You plan the advertising. You pick the Vice President. And you receive the political glory or fallout in the daily newspapers!

What I loved about President Forever is the ability to pick your stance on issues based on a sliding scale.

For instance, you can set your position on gun control via a sliding scale measuring your position from far left (liberal) to far right (conservative) and a few positions in between including centrist. Your position stances affect the campaign and you will hear an outcry from your support base if you reverse a core party platform position.

Here are some of the political issues you choose your candidate's position on:

* Abortion, Affirmative Action, Balanced Budget
* Business Taxes, Campaign Finance Reform, Ecology
* Education, Free Trade, Gun Control
* Same Sex Marriage, Immigration, Military Funding
* Military Intervention, Personal Tax, Public Health Care
* Renewable Energy, Social Security, Terrorism

Not only does President Forever let you play out the 2004 American Presidential Race, you can also play historical contests as well. Relive the 1960 Nixon-Kennedy race, 1980 Reagan v. Carter, or 1992 George H.W. Bush v. Bill Clinton.

This game is a definite must have for all political buffs, students, or anyone wanting to know more about the political system!

Read all the things you can do in this game!

# Criss-cross the country doing barn-storming campaigns

# Setup detailed platforms to outmaneuver your opponents

# Unleash foot soldiers to stop your opponents, or get campaign crusaders to rally voters to your cause

# Run attack ads to steal voters leaning towards your opponents

# Give a fiery custom-made speech, but remember to prepare for the debates!

# Craft a detailed electoral strategy to give you a landslide on election day

# 2 - 4 players, vs. computer or hotseat

# Play with 11 ready-made candidates complete with detailed attributes and skills, or make your own!

# Play 2004, or try a Great Campaign of the Past: 1960 (Nixon-Kennedy), 1980 (Reagan-Carter), or 1992 (Bush-Clinton)!

# Use the campaign editor to make your own Presidential campaigns!

http://www.download-free-games.com/simulation/president_forever.htm

paulaholic
09-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry for my lack of further explanation, I'm slightly distracted right now.

There's actually a 2008 version now that includes the primaries, which is a lot more fun. Whenever I play as a Democratic candidate, Ron Paul wins on the Republican side about 90% of the time, which is pretty awesome.

You can also play as Badnarik or Peroutka but it's impossible to actually win.

CurtisLow
09-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm a BF2142 player. I've played since 1942 days.

If you want a game that will freak you out play BioShock.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1787861791354212759&q=BioShock.&total=3459&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

aravoth
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I play Anarchy Online. Played since launch day, which was a complete boondoggle. I'm hardley on anymore, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a game with as much depth as AO.

I did play EvE online for a while. That game was friggan awsome. I quit after Band Of Brothers Conquered most of the known universe. My Corporation joined an alliance with The Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate. We started going toe to toe with Band of Brothers. And mayham ensued. Then Goon Swarm got pretty large, and they started takin shit over. It was sheer madness. I loved that game, maybe I'll get back to it one of these days. It's for people that are pvp oriented though. There are no Safe areas in eve. Another player can jack you up whenever, and wherever they want. It's cool.

mtmedlin
09-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Used to be {ICE}-Groupie on a game called Strikeforce. It was a UT mod with about 40,000 players. We were ranked top 20 team in the world at one point. Then a million lame ass 14 year olds took over and killed it.

angelatc
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I used to play L.O.R.D.

Does that count?

ThePieSwindler
09-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Where do i get this game?

nunaem
09-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Sorry for my lack of further explanation, I'm slightly distracted right now.

There's actually a 2008 version now that includes the primaries, which is a lot more fun. Whenever I play as a Democratic candidate, Ron Paul wins on the Republican side about 90% of the time, which is pretty awesome.

You can also play as Badnarik or Peroutka but it's impossible to actually win.

Do i need the full version to have RP? I DLed the demo and there is no Ron Paul or even Kucinich