PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr files Texas Supreme Court suit to remove McCain, Obama from Texas ballot

abc123
09-16-2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/09/16/bob_barr_lawsuit.html

RickyJ
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Bob Barr is not serious about spreading any message of liberty, he just wants to file a bunch of frivolous suits and pretend he is more popular than Ron Paul. He is nuts if you ask me. His time has obviously past.

anaconda
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
I would think that Obama would kick in a few bucks for legal fees on this one.

Bman
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I would think that Obama would kick in a few bucks for legal fees on this one.

lol. Good point.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
They just talked about it on my news tonight. Obama and McCain are going to be on the ballot.

RickyJ
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
They just talked about it on my news tonight. Obama and McCain are going to be on the ballot.

Yes, this is just Bob Barr trying every thing he can to get Obama in there. I think it is fairly obvious now that is the only reason he is running. :eek:

Jeremy
09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes, this is just Bob Barr trying every thing he can to try to get Obama in there. I think it is fairly obvious now that is the only reason he is running. :eek:

wtf are you even talking about :confused:

runningdiz
09-16-2008, 10:59 PM

I think the original poster believes Obama will defend himself in court... which obviously would never happen lol

revolutionary8
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM

This is a waste of money. It will never happen. Mark my words. McCain will be on the ballot, Obama will be on the ballot.
Sad, but true, and of ALL people, Bob Barr and his crew know this.
Kill Your TV storm.

specsaregood
09-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I think the original poster believes Obama will defend himself in court... which obviously would never happen lol

No, he was implying that since TX is a red state, Obama should donate funds to the B.Barr campaign for the lawsuit so that both himself (Obama) and McCain stay off the ballot. McCain not winning the TX electoral vote would be catastrophic for the McCain campaign.

regtoday
09-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Is he using his own money or the Libertarian Party's money? It seems obvious that his candidacy has an agenda, and it's not to become president.

Bman
09-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Is he using his own money or the Libertarian Party's money? It seems obvious that his candidacy has an agenda, and it's not to become president.

I'm sure he thinks he'll get publicity out of this. Or if even more lucky an invite to the debates as an out of court settlement.

revolutionary8
09-17-2008, 12:36 AM
No, he was implying that since TX is a red state, Obama should donate funds to the B.Barr campaign for the lawsuit so that both himself (Obama) and McCain stay off the ballot. McCain not winning the TX electoral vote would be catastrophic for the McCain campaign.
Yep. How HORRIFIC would that be?
Texas would bleed it's last drop of Red. Buck Fush and Barr.