PDA

View Full Version : Maher definetly sounds like he wants to endorse Ron Paul

njandrewg
09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
He was on Hardball just now, saying that he can't really endorse anyone because he wants people on his show...but when asked who he absolutely does not want in the whitehouse, he said Thompson and Giulliani, and anyone else who has a simple answer like stay the course to a complicated question like Iraq.

Then talked about how we are building bases in Iraq, and how that was the reason Osama hated us in the first place, and how we are repeating the same mistakes.

Definetly sounds like Ron Paul here.

brumans
09-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Yea... I was watching this, hoping he would say those two magic words we all love to hear.

Maybe he'll make an endorsement of some sort after his season is up. Anyone know when that is?

Syren123
09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
The season just started two weeks ago.

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I personally think he got the directive to NOT mention Ron Paul..... again.

PMatt
09-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't see why he would endorse Ron Paul. If anything I could see Mike Gravel or Dennis Kucinich.

sparat1k
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
He was on Bill Oreily saying that he endorsed John Edwards.

Cowlesy
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
He should have Ron Paul on the panel. For heaven's sake they let Gravel on the panel, espousing his few bombastic talking points. Ron Paul/Lou Dobbs/Whoopi Goldberg---there's a panel for you.

njandrewg
09-04-2007, 03:46 PM
he had him on the show for 10 minutes before Giulliani blowback, and then another 10 minutes after Giuliani blowback

AlexAmore
09-04-2007, 03:48 PM
He should have Ron Paul on the panel. For heaven's sake they let Gravel on the panel, espousing his few bombastic talking points. Ron Paul/Lou Dobbs/Whoopi Goldberg---there's a panel for you.

Ron Paul did go on his show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mV2bjMMw114

kickzman
09-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I personally think he got the directive to NOT mention Ron Paul..... again.

Obviously....

Madison
09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree with Lord Xar and kickzman.

Maher has a lot of democratic support. HBO is left leaning, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is paid by democratic interests to promote certain agendas and candidates. This is why I think since he said Ron Paul was his hero and had him on his show, he has barely mentioned him since...he's afraid to piss off his Dem supporters. Or it is solely HBO, which wouldn't surprise me.

Hopefully he grows a pair sometime soon and endorses RP.

cjhowe
09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Maher has his own ideas that don't necessarily mesh with RP's. Global warming for one. I wouldn't count on a full endorsement even if he didn't have to depend on guests to make his show happen. He's certainly doing his part to spread the ideas that he does agree with. Leave it at that. No need to assume that "they" have gotten to him.

RonPaulCult
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
We'll have him by the end of the year - I'd bet big money on it. I think it will help the campaign and bring more liberals on board

quickmike
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Ron Paul did go on his show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mV2bjMMw114

He was on the show, but he wasnt a panelist, just a guest and then left after the interview.

They need Ron Paul, George Carlin, and Pj O'rourke back on again. That would be an awesome panel.