PDA

View Full Version : Why is God allowing so many disasters during Bush regime's rule?

Liberty Star
09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Is it because Bush regime has had support of pro holy violence fundies like Pastor Hagee?

While visiting Ike hit Texas areas amidst a looming and historic economic crisis, Bush said, "I hope people don't have disaster fatigue'. This got me wondering why God is allowing so many disasters under Bush's watch?

dawnbt
09-16-2008, 05:05 PM
It's the end times my friend. Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, earthquakes, diseases, and famine. Next stop...rapture.

Monolithic
09-16-2008, 05:06 PM
he isn't allowing them.

because he doesn't exist.

Liberty Star
09-16-2008, 05:07 PM
It's the end times my friend. Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, earthquakes, diseases, and famine. Next stop...rapture.

To speed up the process, perhaps Sarah Palin should be sent to White House then. Big holy wars would expedite rapture schedule.

UnReconstructed
09-16-2008, 05:18 PM
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then. in like manner, it rains on the just and the unjust.

FrankRep
09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Is it because Bush regime has had support of pro holy violence fundies like Pastor Hagee?

While visiting Ike hit Texas areas amidst a looming and historic economic crisis, Bush said, "I hope people don't have disaster fatigue'. This got me wondering why God is allowing so many disasters under Bush's watch?

Corrupt people are to blame.

Josh_LA
09-16-2008, 05:23 PM

No, it's because God Hates ****. www.godhatesfags.com

SeanEdwards
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Why can't all the bible thumpers and koran thumpers and torah thumpers get together and kill each other?

Andrew-Austin
09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Perhaps the amount of natural disasters has not increased over the years, and we're only hearing more about them more.

In like manner, it rains on the just and the unjust.

In the end, God loves us all the same since we were created in his image, and thus does not discriminate in who he tests?

Deborah K
09-16-2008, 05:43 PM

God doesn't "allow" or "disallow" anything. God isn't a puppet master. Too many people think of God in terms of Michelangelo's version in the Sistine chapel.

We have free choice. We cause our own problems. Catastrophic events have and will always occur.

I think our biggest problem in dealing with tragedy is that we don't accept or understand suffering. We fear it instead of embracing it. I think Christ attempted to help us understand suffering by dying the way he did, but we just don't get it.

sailor
09-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Liberty Star, are you implying God is a Democrat?

Highland
09-16-2008, 06:17 PM
The Chinese would say because Bush does not have the mandate of Heaven. Leaders who do not have the mandate experience war, natural disasters and famine.

RJB
09-16-2008, 06:18 PM
As Forrest Gump so eloquently said, "It happens."

dawnbt
09-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Why can't all the bible thumpers and koran thumpers and torah thumpers get together and kill each other?

OOOO! Sounds like someone will not be raptured up. Good luck with the wrath.:eek:

Kludge
09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
(http://www.godhatesfags.com/visual/photos/fagseatpoop.jpg)http://www.godhatesfags.com/visual/photos/fagseatpoop.jpg

Cute.

(http://www.godhatesfags.com/visual/photos/fagseatpoop.jpg)

Uriel999
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
OOOO! Sounds like someone will not be raptured up. Good luck with the wrath.:eek:

Well if your correct and the rapture is real only 144k people are gonna get to ride the rapture train.

Uriel999
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Revelation 14:1 by the way

noxagol
09-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Well if your correct and the rapture is real only 144k people are gonna get to ride the rapture train.

Meh, they can keep it. Paradise is not appealing. I would like it just fine here if I could get left alone by the gubmint.

Uriel999
09-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Meh, they can keep it. Paradise is not appealing. I would like it just fine here if I could get left alone by the gubmint.

Amen!

Leroy_Jenkems
09-16-2008, 06:50 PM

I'll venture a bet that far fewer than that will be making that trip.

The correct answer for "How does one get into Heaven?" is to support Mike Huckabee, that's easy. ;)

Andrew Ryan
09-16-2008, 06:54 PM

The correct answer for "How does one get into Heaven?" is to support Mike Huckabee, that's easy. ;)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2009/2473820718_e2ecda797e.jpg?v=0

satchelmcqueen
09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
God doesn't "allow" or "disallow" anything. God isn't a puppet master. Too many people think of God in terms of Michelangelo's version in the Sistine chapel.

We have free choice. We cause our own problems. Catastrophic events have and will always occur.

I think our biggest problem in dealing with tragedy is that we don't accept or understand suffering. We fear it instead of embracing it. I think Christ attempted to help us understand suffering by dying the way he did, but we just don't get it.

yep.

Uriel999
09-16-2008, 06:57 PM

But but wouldn't that mean then to vote for McCain to get into heaven? If getting into heaven means supporting Huckabee, they must do it via following the recommendation of Huckabee's endorsement for McCain!

Natalie
09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
All the atheists on this forum are pissing me off. Everyone else keeps their beliefs (or lack of) to themselves except for the atheists. Seriously, I don't care if you're an atheist and no one else does either. Why do you have to keep reminding us every 5 minutes?

acptulsa
09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
All the atheists on this forum are pissing me off. Everyone else keeps their beliefs (or lack of) to themselves except for the atheists. Seriously, I don't care if you're an atheist and no one else does either. Why do you have to keep reminding us every 5 minutes?

Oh, come on now.

Both groups have their prosthelytizers and their reasonable, non-arrogant people. The former believe that those who disagree are lost and should be abused into compliance, and the latter don't.

I can't even see that the Christians and the Athiests vary that much in the respective percentages of prosthelytizers vs. respectful people...

dawnbt
09-16-2008, 07:26 PM

NO, 144,000 Jews, post rapture, will be called to spread the gospel.

Kludge
09-16-2008, 07:27 PM
prosthelytizers vs. respectful people...

"sheep" vs. "people"....? :D

Uriel999
09-16-2008, 07:29 PM

Maybe its just for the first time in society we can speak up and promote our ideas without the risk of being persecuted or killed?

Uriel999
09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
NO, 144,000 Jews, post rapture, will be called to spread the gospel.

Were in the bible does it ever say anything about the rapture? I've read it twice and just can't seem to recall it EVER being mentioned.

PatriotOne
09-16-2008, 07:43 PM

Nations and kingdoms have been fighting since recorded time. Thousands of earthquakes have happened since recorded time. Diseases and famine have wiped out populations since recorded time. I wouldn't count on the rapture if I were you :confused:

PatriotOne
09-16-2008, 07:47 PM

I'm not an athiest but the bible did not fall from God's lips from heaven to earth. The bible is a product of men who had an agenda. It's about as factual as the 9/11 commision report.

Leroy_Jenkems
09-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Oh no you di'ant!!!

That's pure BS. I'm neither Atheist nor Christian, but you're saying that the Atheists wear it on their sleeves here more than the Christians?! Obviously you haven't been in many of the theological discussions, m'am. Christians on here quote scripture just as often as Atheists give quotes by Bertrand Russell.

Hear 'em out, and leave them be. They're not heathens or elitists.

Leroy_Jenkems
09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
But but wouldn't that mean then to vote for McCain to get into heaven? If getting into heaven means supporting Huckabee, they must do it via following the recommendation of Huckabee's endorsement for McCain!

Ah ha, you clever fox...always a step ahead of the pack. :D

Deborah K, you are spot on. IMO, the greatest gift that God gave us, the gift that sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom in terms of evolution ([gasp] did I state that "aloud?") is the human brain. Sadly, many more Christians than Atheists neglect the exercise of that vital organ. Don't argue with me, I live deep within the Bible Belt, I know what I'm talking about. :o

If we humans want to be treated like rational, independent and moral beings, we have to accept responsibility for the consequences of our directions and actions in life. Not this whole "God will put me where he wants me" wish-wash brainless determinism.

dawnbt
09-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Were in the bible does it ever say anything about the rapture? I've read it twice and just can't seem to recall it EVER being mentioned.

The Greek word that is translated "caught" in the King James Verison is harpazo, it means "by swift, reistless, divine energy". No matter what word we use - whether raptue, caught, or snatched - it will not change the meaning of the passage. When the dead in Christ are called from their graves, we, the living ones, will join them to meet our Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm not an athiest but the bible did not fall from God's lips from heaven to earth. The bible is a product of men who had an agenda. It's about as factual as the 9/11 commision report.

+1

I believe in a Creator of some type, but all manmade religions are nothing more than tools of social and political control and have little to do with reality.

dawnbt
09-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Nations and kingdoms have been fighting since recorded time. Thousands of earthquakes have happened since recorded time. Diseases and famine have wiped out populations since recorded time. I wouldn't count on the rapture if I were you :confused:

Sure they have, however, what started the countdown to the end times is Israel becoming it's own nation (which didn't happen until 1948 - after WWII) and the Jews regained Jerusalem (1967). Bush is talking about a peace treaty before leaving office. If such a peace treaty occurs, this very well could start the tribulation. These wars, earthquakes, famines and what not may have been going on since the beginning of time, but not in such the grand scale and same time as now.
If you don't think earthquakes are on the rise, there's a year by year comparison of the increase here:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/world/historical.php

How many disease epidemics and famines have we had here? Anyone paying attention on this forum know there is a huge chance of total financial collapse here in the US which will lead to sky rocketing prices, food riots and famine. Disease? How many people believe that the government is concocting some chemical germ warfare on the American citizens for populatio control. These wars and epidemics may very well hit very close to home, which hasn't been going on since the beginning of time.

mconder
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
When the wicked rule the people suffer.

jkr
09-17-2008, 10:49 AM

what do you THUMP?:mad:

PatriotOne
09-20-2008, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE]How many disease epidemics and famines have we had here?

Here? Where in the bible does it state that America is the barometer for the rapture? Disease and famine has been going on all over the world since the beginning of recorded time.

Anyone paying attention on this forum know there is a huge chance of total financial collapse here in the US which will lead to sky rocketing prices, food riots and famine. Disease?

Yes, but what does that have to do with a rapture? We have already had a total collapse in our history...no one was raptured, but lots of people went hungry.

How many people believe that the government is concocting some chemical germ warfare on the American citizens for populatio control. These wars and epidemics may very well hit very close to home, which hasn't been going on since the beginning of time.

I won't disagree with that but instead of thinking you are going to be raptured, I suggest you start preparing for the long haul :). And just as a reminder:

JosephTheLibertarian
09-20-2008, 08:36 AM

There is no god. Why has there been so many tragedies? Fate. The lack of a free market also contributes to the severity of these "disasters."

Indy Vidual
09-20-2008, 08:39 AM
WW3 coming soon? :eek:

bucfish
09-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Cause Bush is a false Christian and really is an evildoer. God is preventing him from doing more damage by going to more wars.

Bush is NOT a man of true faith. He buys man's preaching but ignores The Christ's teaching!!!

Liberty Star
09-24-2008, 08:55 PM
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then. in like manner, it rains on the just and the unjust.

Are you suggesting God is not trying to communicate with us to express his displeasure and these are just random acts of collective punishment?
I'm curious what are your views on Noah's flood that was sent to send a message to people back in the day?

In other words, we are the master of our own destiny? Interesting take.

Leroy_Jenkems
09-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Where in the bible does it state that America is the barometer for the rapture? Disease and famine has been going on all over the world since the beginning of recorded time.

Thank you. Finally somebody talks some sense. If the USA is the gold standard for "divine providence," then Mr. Divine must be on vacation. Oh wait, I forgot, he's just "testing our faith." :o

Leroy_Jenkems
09-24-2008, 10:10 PM
God is preventing him from doing more damage by going to more wars.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of families who have lost friends & family due to "good intelligence" given to a retard from TX. The tourniquet should have stopped the bleeding a LONG time ago, by having him choke on that pretzel, not having 20-year-old American kids blown up in the streets of Baghdad.

RideTheDirt
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM
because we pissed him off. We deserve it.

politicsNproverbs
10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Original Comment Posted by SeanEdwards

Indy Vidual replied:
WW3 coming soon?

In reply to both, that is exactly what the demonic forces AND their human puppet masters have planned... and many will be deceived unless they have learned to "know thine enemy" -- or as the Apostle Paul put it, "...We are not ignorant of Satan's designs..." - 2 Cor 2:11.

Here's the plan for Three World Wars as written in 1871 by Albert Pike, from the Three World Wars.com website: http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike2.htm

Albert Pike and Three World Wars

Continued from Part 1: http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

Albert Pike received a vision, which he described in a letter that he wrote to Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871. This letter graphically outlined plans for three world wars that were seen as necessary to bring about the One World Order, and we can marvel at how accurately it has predicted events that have already taken place.

[...]

"The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions." 2

[...]

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm." 3

[...]

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other.

Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

The elite puppet-masters and their "god," Lucifer, plan to not only destroy Muslims who believe in Allah, and Jews who believe in YHWH, and Christians who believe in Jesus, but also the atheists who believe in nobody. What they want is for EVERYONE to partake of the Luciferian Initiation, which will happen at mid-trib, and worship Lucifer as their god.

So that Bible that is often "poo-poo'd" will come in mighty handy when the above breaks forth (for those who care, of course) because it not only forewarns of this major deceit, but also describes the outcome.

---------------------------

Back to Albert Pike... Who was he and why would he be having such a vision for three world wars received from his "spirit guide"? Just a snip below, but you can read more details about Pike at the links provided above and below, and decide for yourself whether you want to "believe" in his "vision" for the Third World War...

[...]

http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

At various stages of his life we was a poet, philosopher, frontiersman, soldier, humanitarian and philanthropist. A 33rd degree Mason, he was one of the founding fathers, and head of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, being the Grand Commander of North American Freemasonry from 1859 and retained that position until his death in 1891. In 1869, he was a top leader in the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

Pike was said to be a Satanist, who indulged in the occult, and he apparently possessed a bracelet which he used to summon Lucifer, with whom he had constant communication. He was the Grand Master of a Luciferian group known as the Order of the Palladium (or Sovereign Council of Wisdom), which had been founded in Paris in 1737. Palladism had been brought to Greece from Egypt by Pythagoras in the fifth century, and it was this cult of Satan that was introduced to the inner circle of the Masonic lodges. It was aligned with the Palladium of the Templars.

In 1801, Issac Long, a Jew, brought a statue of Baphomet (Satan) to Charleston, South Carolina, where he helped to establish the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. Long apparently chose Charleston because it was geographically located on the 33rd parallel of latitude (incidentally, so is Baghdad - [so is Dallas where JFK was murdered./pNp] ), and this council is considered to be the Mother Supreme Council of all Masonic Lodges of the World.

Pike was Long's successor, and he changed the name of the Order to the New and Reformed Palladian Rite (or Reformed Palladium).
[...]

The other two characters worth mentioning, and more details at that website, are Adam Weishaupt (1748 - 1811) and Italian revolutionary leader, Giusseppe Mazzini (1805-1872): http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

----------------------------

As for the question asked in the title of this thread re: Bush and why God is "allowing" so many disasters during Bush's reign, I agree with others who said it is not God doing any of this, but the elite puppet masters of which Bush is one of their lackeys. He is no Christian by a long shot: http://www.cuttingedge.org/news_updates/nz1086.htm

God hasn't even BEGUN to pour forth His wrath yet. That will begin in earnest after the Lucferian Initiation at the middle of the Tribulation.

mport1
10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, there is no god...

cheapseats
10-22-2008, 10:13 AM

The Chinese would say because Bush does not have the mandate of Heaven. Leaders who do not have the mandate experience war, natural disasters and famine.

Revelation 14:1 by the way

Atheist-type remarks are perhaps more of an AFFRONT to you than evangelical remarks but your appraisal of how much of what features is inaccurate. Moreover, Holy Rollers have featured prominently in our Run Up To Collapse...that is why continued proselytizing is met with so much resistance.

I do not mean to be disrespectful, but America's Christians and Faux Christians are going to be distinguished rather sooner than any Rapture is going to arrive. True Believers have been hoodwinked by Bad Guys. You have only to look at the opulent lifestyles of the Rich & Famous Holier-Than-Thou's to know that moneychanging is going on in the temple.

Big no-no, that...huge...about the only time that Jesus goes ballistic.

Truth Warrior
10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe you could just think of it all as "pre-tribulation". ;)

cheapseats
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Corrupt people are to blame.

Not for everything, right? Not for hurricanes per se...though Ignoble Man appears to bear some responsibility for the turbocharging. Not for tornados. Not for some of the floods, not for some of the fires.

But overall? The mismanagement of disaster relief, Financial Tribulation, absence of ethics and equilibrium in everything from spirituality to currency, you betcha, Bad Guys.

And the American People are afraid to take them on. You can't blame us for being afraid...they are powerful and ruthless, and well-armed...but living in perpetual Fear cannot possibly be our Lesser Of Evils. I would be ashamed to even know us.

Brassmouth
10-22-2008, 10:33 AM
You people are hopeless.

Age 8 - There is no tooth fairy.

Age 12 - There is no Santa Claus.

Age ? - There is no god.

There is no invisible man siting on a cloud watching us.

Wake the fuck up.

Truth Warrior
10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
You people are hopeless.

Age 8 - There is no tooth fairy.

Age 12 - There is no Santa Claus.

Age ? - There is no god.

There is no invisible man siting on a cloud watching us.

Wake the fuck up. Which theists do you vote for? :D

cheapseats
10-22-2008, 10:38 AM

It is fascinating and unfortunate that Christian Extremists who herald a utopian After Life, in heaven, with God, forever, limitless milk and honey or whatever floats their boats on hand, are reluctant to be on their way.

It is fascinating and unfortunate that Muslim Extremists who herald a utopian After Life, wherever, with Allah, forever, not limitless but nevertheless 72 virgins on hand, per dead guy, are EAGER to be on their way.

This next suggestion constitutes dark humor...in the same way that you can't please all the people all the time, everyone doesn't think the same things are funny...but it appears that Society may wish to entice Christian Extremists with better booty, and deter Muslim Extremists with notice that the virgins have been defiled by FDLS members.

georgiaboy
10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
With our without God's help or allowing things to happen,

We've made our bed, and we're being allowed to lie in it. Chickens have come home to roost. Blowback. There are consequences to sin. Cause and Effect. Action - reaction.

Pick a negative circumstance, look for the causation. Pretty easy to see we're reaping what we've sown.

To me, the question isn't why has God allowed all this, the question is, in spite of all our misdeeds, why has God blessed us as much as he has? We're deserving of fire raining down, but we continue to be given chances to get it right.

All I need do is look in the mirror to marvel at the grace that's come my way.

Truth Warrior
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Religion and politics are both the very same thing. They are both only, very old and very effective, means to control large masses of people. It has always only been that way, and it always only will be.

The ends do NOT justify the means.

cheapseats
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
We have free choice.

This is vital.

We cause our own problems.

Not all of them, surely. A person who has lived healthy and clean all their life turns up with cancer. A person who has been generous and compassionate all their life has some creep murder their kid. Whether God "allows" something, whether stuff happens as part of a Divine Plan or whether it is all and only Vagaries Of Life matters far less than how we handle whatever comes down the pike.

First, yes, to cause no harm but then, surely, to meet Challenges such as they come, as well as possible and as cheerfully as possible. I am not by nature a cheerful person. It is hard enough to do the right thing sometimes...be pleasant about it as well, You say? Yeah, God does say...if God exists.

Catastrophic events have and will always occur.

You bet...price of admission. We search and search for the meaning of Life when I suspect a lot of it boils down to "What're ya gonna do about it?"

Whether one subscribes to the Heaven/Hell paradigm or "merely" to there being "more to life than just this," anyone who buys that there is a moving on from this life as we know it to something else must be persuaded that our comportment here has direct bearing on our moving where.

How do we handle the catastrophic events, the downsides, the disappointments, the setbacks? There's no trick to being Christian or just plain good when everything is going swell.

I think our biggest problem in dealing with tragedy is that we don't accept or understand suffering. We fear it instead of embracing it.

I am inclined to say that the single biggest disservice to America by the Democratic Party is this cockeyed notion that everyone can be spared from all harm and that, with the right amount of intervention and the magic number of dollars, everyone can be rendered snug as bugs in rugs. It isn't true. It is false.

Eckhart Tolle, in Power of Now, says the same about "embracing" that which is necessary. Specifically, he says that things that are unpleasant/disagreeable/icky fall into two categories:

1.) those you do not have to deal with, in which case you simply shouldn't
2.) those you must accept, in which case you should embrace them as though you chose them

Embrace, for me, puts that touchy-feely spin on things which...to my way of thinking, at least until rather more of the globe's population is on the Ohhm/Kumbaya track...is part of the style-over-substance-meets-feelings-over-facts problem.

Ideally, as a goal, yeah, I admit without shame that I think our whole country and the entire globe would be better off with a groovier take on what really matters...think, Enlightenment...but, until then, a reality base would be a big improvement.

Shit happens. Shit has always happened. People rise to the occasions or they do not. Presently, with all our advances in hardware, software, biotechnology, transportation, you name it, we do an increasingly POOR job of handling what comes down the pike. The people who want help and need saving are obviously not motivated to gum up the works...we are left to deduce that n'er-do-wells are at the helm.

I will argue that America has, in its inimitable fashion, made a Big Business out of misery...the Rescue Industry.

leipo
10-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Gods have no longer any influence on us.

Truth Warrior
10-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Gods have no longer any influence on us.
Which theists do you vote for? :D

leipo
10-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Which theists do you vote for? :D

Ron Paul, if i could. But i'm Dutch, so i can't vote for him.
I'm some kind of Poly-Deist myself.

dr. hfn
10-23-2008, 11:48 AM
i don't believe in supernatural or mystical magical men floating in the skies, no spacegods

M House
10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Good for you, they seem to be pretty tough to deal with these days.

Deborah K
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
We cause our own problems.

Not all of them, surely. A person who has lived healthy and clean all their life turns up with cancer. A person who has been generous and compassionate all their life has some creep murder their kid. Whether God "allows" something, whether stuff happens as part of a Divine Plan or whether it is all and only Vagaries Of Life matters far less than how we handle whatever comes down the pike.

True. When I wrote that we cause our own problems, I was responding to the OP's question about why is God allowing this or that and I was referring to the choices we make. :)

Good post, btw.

Original_Intent
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm a Christian but I don't think God really "allows" things in the way you are saying.

He gives us our agency. He is willing to guide us. He is willing to help us. But I think he often grieves as He watches us deal with the consequences of our own stupidity.

I don't believe in ex nihilo creation, I realize that is not "standard Christian thinking" but it makes zero sense to me and renders everything pointless.

cheapseats
10-24-2008, 10:19 AM
i don't believe in supernatural or mystical magical men floating in the skies, no spacegods

It is not only your right to not believe in the supernatural, mystical, magical...the superspiritual, if you will...based on empirical evidence, it is not unreasonable to not believe.

But you do NOT know whether there is a Supreme Being. In this lifetime, by man, it is unknowable. Hence, the heavy emphasis on Belief.

We know for sure that there are Spacegoats, however. ;)

Liberty Star
10-24-2008, 08:41 PM
To all those who don't think God is "allowing" these cricis, has God changed His ways since Noah's flood?

Is the theory that God is punsihing us all for pro racism and pro holy land apartheid fundies' lust for elective violence too far fetched?

cheapseats
10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
To all those who don't think God is "allowing" these cricis, has God changed His ways since Noah's flood?

Is the theory that God is punsihing us all for pro racism and pro holy land apartheid fundies' lust for elective violence too far fetched?

Even a non-Believer would have to concede based on empirical evidence that, if God there be, there is cause aplenty for Him to be capital letter Pissed.

If God there be, I am as sure as I can be that capriciousness and selectivity and hypocrisy among Faux Christians is one of the hot-button issues. The True Christians who, even now, turn a blind eye to the bullshit because "their guys" are preeminent...their "side" is winning...man oh man, that must break His heart.

Where Are The Holy Rollers
1 July 2008

I have grown accustomed to the Holy Rollers weighing in on Natural-read-that-Godsent Disasters, providing us with Biblical insights as to which minority infidel-ish group has brought the wrath of God upon us in condemnation of them and their wanton ways, and in punishment of us for letting them engage in those wanton ways. And yet, conspicuously, on the oh-so-Biblical flooding in the Midwest, it is as quiet as that moment of the Mass when, the heralding tinkle of little bells having quieted, the priest genuflects before the freshly christened Holy Communion.

On the hope-springs-eternal presumption that those Holy Rollers are IN the Midwest…on the ground, where the conditions are…tirelessly offering real-time, real-person assistance to flood victims in reality-based manifestation of Christ’s work in contemporary society, I’ll take a whack at it while they are indisposed. It appears that some low-level Holy Rollers don’t know what to think when the high-level Holy Rollers don’t tell them what to think.

THE FLOODING IN THE MIDWEST IS PUNISHMENT FOR USING A FOOD STAPLE IN PRODUCTION OF ETHANOL WHEN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE STARVING TO DEATH. THE FLOODING IN THE MIDWEST IS CHIEFLY ATTRIBUTABLE TO GREED.

GREED, AS EVERY CHRISTIAN KNOWS, IS ONE OF THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS.

GREED IS RUN RAMPANT IN AMERICA. THE GREEDY ARE RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE. AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT DOUBLE-TIME THROUGHOUT THIS DOG & PONY SHOW CAMPAIGN-O-RAMA. EVERYONE IS SO WRAPPED UP IN “THEIR GUY” WINNING, THEY DON’T EVEN NOTICE THINGS LIKE BIG OIL BELLYING UP TO THE NO-BID BAR IN IRAQ.

JUXTAPOSED WITH THE UNNECESSARILY DIVISIVE, LONGEST-EVER AND COSTLIEST-EVER CAMPAIGN, THE DOMESTIC DISASTER DIVISION OF THE AMERICAN RED CROSS IS BROKE…NOT ENOUGH CONTRIBUTIONS TO PICK UP THE SLACK AFTER HURRICANE KATRINA. WHILE CAMPAIGN-O-RAMA HEMORRHAGES DONATIONS, THE RED CROSS HAS BEEN OBLIGED TO BORROW MONEY IN ORDER TO HELP FLOOD VICTIMS.

THE PEOPLE DON’T CARE. MAKE HISTORY AGAIN, OBAMA! DON’T GO WITH PUBLIC CAMPAIGN FINANCING! LET US SHOW THOSE MEAN REPUBLICANS THAT LITTLE PEOPLE CAN SQUANDER MONEY WITH THE BIGGEST OF THE BIG SHOTS.

THESE HEARTLAND FLOODS COULD NOT BE MORE BIBLICAL…UNLESS, THAT IS, THE MONSANTO CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS TURNED INTO A PILLAR OF SALT.

RickyJ
10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Abortion and unprovoked wars of aggression. Not to mention gay marriage, "gay rights", and the mixed up view that "Jews" are God's chosen people.

Andrew-Austin
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
In order to understand why God allows/creates so many disasters, you have to see it from his perspective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhQFnkTfgZU&feature=related

Yah, looks like fun.

cheapseats
10-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Abortion and unprovoked wars of aggression. Not to mention gay marriage, "gay rights", and the mixed up view that "Jews" are God's chosen people.

When you take the entire globe into account...all of God's children, not just the ones who are okay in your book...do you really believe in your heart of hearts that gay anything is on His Top Ten list?

amonasro
10-24-2008, 10:47 PM
In order to understand why God allows/creates so many disasters, you have to see it from his perspective!

Yah, looks like fun.

Or the other perspective...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi5F5MqqTQ&feature=related

Liberty Star
10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Even a non-Believer would have to concede based on empirical evidence that, if God there be, there is cause aplenty for Him to be capital letter Pissed.

If God there be, I am as sure as I can be that capriciousness and selectivity and hypocrisy among Faux Christians is one of the hot-button issues. The True Christians who, even now, turn a blind eye to the bullshit because "their guys" are preeminent...their "side" is winning...man oh man, that must break His heart.

Where Are The Holy Rollers
1 July 2008

I have grown accustomed to the Holy Rollers weighing in on Natural-read-that-Godsent Disasters, providing us with Biblical insights as to which minority infidel-ish group has brought the wrath of God upon us in condemnation of them and their wanton ways, and in punishment of us for letting them engage in those wanton ways. And yet, conspicuously, on the oh-so-Biblical flooding in the Midwest, it is as quiet as that moment of the Mass when, the heralding tinkle of little bells having quieted, the priest genuflects before the freshly christened Holy Communion.

On the hope-springs-eternal presumption that those Holy Rollers are IN the Midwest…on the ground, where the conditions are…tirelessly offering real-time, real-person assistance to flood victims in reality-based manifestation of Christ’s work in contemporary society, I’ll take a whack at it while they are indisposed. It appears that some low-level Holy Rollers don’t know what to think when the high-level Holy Rollers don’t tell them what to think.

THE FLOODING IN THE MIDWEST IS PUNISHMENT FOR USING A FOOD STAPLE IN PRODUCTION OF ETHANOL WHEN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE STARVING TO DEATH. THE FLOODING IN THE MIDWEST IS CHIEFLY ATTRIBUTABLE TO GREED.

GREED, AS EVERY CHRISTIAN KNOWS, IS ONE OF THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS.

GREED IS RUN RAMPANT IN AMERICA. THE GREEDY ARE RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE. AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT DOUBLE-TIME THROUGHOUT THIS DOG & PONY SHOW CAMPAIGN-O-RAMA. EVERYONE IS SO WRAPPED UP IN “THEIR GUY” WINNING, THEY DON’T EVEN NOTICE THINGS LIKE BIG OIL BELLYING UP TO THE NO-BID BAR IN IRAQ.

JUXTAPOSED WITH THE UNNECESSARILY DIVISIVE, LONGEST-EVER AND COSTLIEST-EVER CAMPAIGN, THE DOMESTIC DISASTER DIVISION OF THE AMERICAN RED CROSS IS BROKE…NOT ENOUGH CONTRIBUTIONS TO PICK UP THE SLACK AFTER HURRICANE KATRINA. WHILE CAMPAIGN-O-RAMA HEMORRHAGES DONATIONS, THE RED CROSS HAS BEEN OBLIGED TO BORROW MONEY IN ORDER TO HELP FLOOD VICTIMS.

THE PEOPLE DON’T CARE. MAKE HISTORY AGAIN, OBAMA! DON’T GO WITH PUBLIC CAMPAIGN FINANCING! LET US SHOW THOSE MEAN REPUBLICANS THAT LITTLE PEOPLE CAN SQUANDER MONEY WITH THE BIGGEST OF THE BIG SHOTS.

THESE HEARTLAND FLOODS COULD NOT BE MORE BIBLICAL…UNLESS, THAT IS, THE MONSANTO CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS TURNED INTO A PILLAR OF SALT.

Very interesting, parts of midwest do belong in biblical belt. God save us from holly rollers and his self declared holy agents on earth.

Yah, looks like fun.

It does, UFOs hovering over was nice touch from Divine pov.

Aratus
11-03-2008, 09:06 AM
GOTO the 700 Club prayer group thread and looksie the photo-op
at and/or near the fatted gilded era robber baron wall street bull...:eek:

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-03-2008, 02:57 PM

dawnbt
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
There is no god, retard.

Proof?

LibertyEagle
11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Please keep it civil.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM

LibertyEagle
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Would it be possible for us to respect others' religious beliefs? When we bash others religious beliefs, all it does is cause hard feelings. What's the purpose anyway? What do you hope to gain?

Either we believe in liberty for everyone -- even those who have different religious beliefs than we do, or we are complete hypocrites. Which is it?

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Would it be possible for us to respect others' religious beliefs? When we bash others religious beliefs, all it does is cause hard feelings. What's the purpose anyway? What do you hope to gain?

Either we believe in liberty for everyone -- even those who have different religious beliefs than we do, or we are complete hypocrites. Which is it?
They insulted my belief 'god' doesn't exist by implying that 'god' has something to do with our current situation.

mediahasyou
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
How do you know he isn't creating them? ;)

.Tom
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
There is no god. :(

LibertyEagle
11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
They insulted my belief 'god' doesn't exist by implying that 'god' has something to do with our current situation.

So, I guess your choice is hypocrite. :p

LibertyEagle
11-03-2008, 04:10 PM

That is YOUR opinion; however the TS apparently believes otherwise. Again, please be respectful of others' beliefs. You could tell by the thread title that this discussion was going to be about God. If you don't believe in God, why would you click on this thread anyway? Or, is it just too compelling for you to miss an opportunity to bash someone else's religious beliefs?

Either religious liberty is for everyone, or it is for no one. Until we start practicing what we preach about individual liberty, we don't stand a chance of convincing anyone else.

.Tom
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Sorry if I sounded that way. I'm totally for freedom of religion. It's just not for me. My bad.

strapko
11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
That is YOUR opinion; however the TS apparently believes otherwise. Again, please be respectful of others' beliefs. You could tell by the thread title that this discussion was going to be about God. If you don't believe in God, why would you click on this thread anyway? Or, is it just too compelling for you to miss an opportunity to bash someone else's religious beliefs?

Either religious liberty is for everyone, or it is for no one. Until we start practicing what we preach about individual liberty, we don't stand a chance of convincing anyone else.

Thanks for pointing out it was HIS opinion captain obvious. Do you think his opinion is so powerful that you had to point it out? If you didn't point it out, it would be your opinion also?...Right?

Theocrat
11-03-2008, 04:23 PM

I believe it's that kind of thinking which angers God to allow disasters to come upon us in judgment as well as vindication of His power over any nation.

LibertyEagle
11-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for pointing out it was HIS opinion captain obvious. Do you think his opinion is so powerful that you had to point it out? If you didn't point it out, it would be your opinion also?...Right?

Can you speak English?

Liberty Star
11-03-2008, 08:45 PM
There is no god

Do you believe that or know that?

strapko
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Can you speak English?

Yes, I just had to point out the retardation.

strapko
11-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Credit to maddox.

Well that's just your opinion:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/opinion1.gif

"This one pisses me off just thinking about it. If you slit my throat right now you'd get shot in the eye with boiling blood. Any time you say something sucks around someone who disagrees, they try to validate their taste in shitty music/movies/clothing by reminding you that you still only speak for yourself, as if their opinions are in jeopardy of being monopolized by your own. Everyone already knows it's my opinion by virtue of the fact that I said it, no need to restate the obvious you dopey twat."

dawnbt
11-04-2008, 11:38 AM

You shouldn't be so sensitive. Maybe you are a Democrat in disguise?

sirachman
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Make up your own reason instead of asking for someone else to..