PDA

View Full Version : < Liberty Straw Poll is TOMORROW! >

Kludge
09-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I eat ramen and will be taking on nearly $40,000 in student loans (and that's BEFORE the extra two years for postsecondary education) and bought LSP tickets.

BJ Lawson will do more for you then some starving kids in Africa! Buy some tickets or be damned to spend eternity (or until you die...) in the USSA! http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/

MRoCkEd
09-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Let's skip the formalities and give all the prize money to lawson

Spider-Man
09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Kludge, your post inspired me to purchase a ticket, as I am in a similar situation, fiscal responsibility be damned.

Jeremy
09-16-2008, 08:19 PM
i realized ill be in class during it :(

Kludge
09-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Kludge, your post inspired me to purchase a ticket, as I am in a similar situation, fiscal responsibility be damned.

Woohoo! I can go to sleep now. Thank you.

muzzled dogg
09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Let's skip the formalities and give all the prize money to lawson

does anything know anything about the other candidates?

anyone have a better chance than lawson just based on congressional district?

Jeremy
09-16-2008, 08:23 PM

well bob conley is doing it too =)

muzzled dogg
09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
any word on no. of tix sold?

MRoCkEd
09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
It will be such a downer if BJ loses.
We really need to help him.

Spider-Man
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I will most likely vote for BJ.

Kludge
09-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Hmmm, realized I'm not going to be online to vote tomorrow either. Three ticket codes to the first two people to send a PM to Josh, Bryan and I regarding how awesome I'd be at moderating RPFs.

liberalnurse
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
well bob conley is doing it too =)

I too, like Conley. He's really been rocking the boat. Ya gotta love a self professed Ron Paul Democrat. When the State Democrat Chairwomen recently remarked she couldn't imagine who would vote for him. he quickly responded, "Democrates, Republicans, Independents, Libertarians and Vegetarians." I really like him and BJ. Conley is really hurting for money. He has something like $900.00 compared to Linsey "Americans are whiners" Grahms 3.5 million. We need to dispose of Grahm. This would be really big for the movement. Since I already donated to BJ I'm leaning towards voting Conley in the straw poll.

Tall Girl
09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I eat ramen and will be taking on nearly $40,000 in student loans (and that's BEFORE the extra two years for postsecondary education) and bought LSP tickets.

BJ Lawson will do more for you then some starving kids in Africa! Buy some tickets or be damned to spend eternity (or until you die...) in the USSA! http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/

I bought a ticket at the rally but I have no clue where it is. I suppose it is something that I need in order to participate.

revolutionary8
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I have my tickets, I know what time to tune in, but how do I vote? How do I verify that I have my tickets? Can someone spell it out to me in real simple terms? :D Do I have to be there for the duration?
:D

Kludge
09-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Voting should take place ~10 PM (EST?) and lasts 40 minutes, so I'd imagine it'd be told in the broadcast during that time.

nayjevin
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Most questions are answered at http://www.libertystrawpoll.com , but as I understand it, the gist is that when you order your ticket you receive an email with further instruction and a voting key with which to vote on the website.

There are many good candidates in the LSP, and many good liberty candidates that aren't!

Please watch the LSP before making your final decision on who to vote for -- they are all worthy candidates and deserve to be heard out.

I will be considering:

1. Alignment with liberty
2. Chance to win district
3. Current financial support (how much the candidate needs the money)
4. Chance that money will help them win, i.e. how likely will it be that funds are used effectively?
5. Degree to which candidate is a 'firecracker' and is likely to win people over if only his or her voice is heard.

Enjoy!

nayjevin
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM

I have heard it said that some of the other candidates may have a better chance to win their districts than Lawson, but haven't verified that myself.

My hope is that much of this will be learned during the broadcast -- during the candidate segments themselves and through the broadcaster commentary.

If I were a candidate I would certainly bring up the fact that I had a good chance to win (if I truly did :) )

nayjevin
09-16-2008, 10:31 PM
candidate summaries are on the main site, http://www.libertystrawpoll.com

revolutionary8
09-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Voting should take place ~10 PM (EST?) and lasts 40 minutes, so I'd imagine it'd be told in the broadcast during that time.
Thanks Kludge, one last stupid question-
Spider Man said-

I will most likely vote for BJ.
I will too, but I only have a handful of tickets so far, and do you only have one vote per ticket?
If so, I need more ticketz!

Kludge
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I will too, but I only have a handful of tickets so far, and do you only have one vote per ticket?
If so, I need more ticketz!

Yes, one vote per ticket :D

revolutionary8
09-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes, one vote per ticket :D
Blasted! There are tooo many good candidates to choose from.
I guess that doesn't suck. :)
Technically it would be "from which to choose". lmao.

AdamT
09-17-2008, 06:15 AM
bump

Mark
09-17-2008, 07:40 AM
(http://thefreedomrevolution.com/home)

nayjevin
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm getting excited...