PDA

View Full Version : Help Stop Mexican Trucks filled with drugs and illegals!

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 02:51 PM
- posted from alipac.us -

A court has ruled that the Bush plan for up to 1,000 trucks from 100 Mexican trucking companies can roll on Thursday of this week!

We expect these trucks to be loaded with illegal aliens, drugs, and possibly terrorists and terrorism materials. These trucks will be allowed to roll anywhere in America, without being stopped or searched at the border!

We need your help and we must act fast!

We need you to immediately start calling as many members of Congress and the US Senate as possible, so start with your own representatives.

We need you to call, e-mail, write, and fax as much as you can!

Here are some sample messages. You will need to craft your own message because bulk messages have less of an impact.

Our battle cry is, "Stop Bush from allowing trucks full of illegal aliens and drugs to role right into America!"

"I want Congressman/Senator _____ to STOP THE MEXICAN TRUCKS from entering the US, without being checked for illegal aliens, drugs, weapons, or terrorists! Congress must act now to STOP THE TRUCKS!"

Border fences and the Border Patrol will be quickly rendered useless because the drug and alien importing crime cartels will switch from border crossing to trucking.

These trucks will obviously become loaded with illegal aliens and drugs shortly.

Bush made this decision, without asking for approval from Congress!

I demand that Congress take immediate action to suspend the Bush Open Borders Plan, which is part of the SPP mission, to allow these trucks in without being checked.

Also, these trucks will cost American truckers their jobs, lower their wages, and increase risks to American motorists!"

You can use our Congressional Contact List found at this link...
http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63874

This list has direct phone numbers and switchboard numbers you can use.

WE MUST FLOOD THE DC OFFICES WITH CALLS ALL WEEK!
CONGRESS HAS RETURNED FROM THE BREAK, NOW LETS HEAT THOSE PHONES UP!

ALIPAC will be calling on our allies for assistance with this effort.

WE MAY HAVE A PROTEST THIS WEEKEND AT THE NOGALES BORDER CROSSING, after the Phoenix event on the 8th.

If you have not signed up or made plans to join us in Phoenix, please do so quickly.

FULL EVENT DETAILS AT
http://www.americanfreedomriders.com/

We will make an announcement as soon as we can if our Nogales protest comes together for Sunday Sept. 9th.

More information soon....

Madison
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't buy that there is a serious threat of weapons and terrorists, but we should be prepared in any case. However I definitely don't agree that drug trafficking is being dealt with right.

Increase border security but END the fraudulent war on drugs. Then we can allocate resources efficiently to deal with real problems. The drug trafficking will cease to exist anyway.

Why does the war on drugs exist? Why are they illegal? Because prices skyrocket. Who benefits from this?

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't buy that there is a serious threat of weapons and terrorists, but we should be prepared in any case. However I definitely don't agree that drug trafficking is being dealt with right.

Increase border security but END the fraudulent war on drugs. Then we can allocate resources efficiently to deal with real problems. The drug trafficking will cease to exist anyway.

Why does the war on drugs exist? Why are they illegal? Because prices skyrocket. Who benefits from this?

WELL... pretty much ANYBODY can get a trucking license in mexico... its already been determined that MANY drug cartels have 'drivers' "in" these companies.. SO, at this point - its a moot thing about "drugs and the war on drugs".... because the fact remains...

HUMAN trafficing, Drug smuggling AND any potential terrorist threat WILL BE HIGH.. If this is allowed to happen.

If you have drug smugglers pandering drugs for profit, why not make money off of funneling terrorists in?

Use your head.... this is MUCH bigger than simple "war on drugs"... basically, this is an open invitation to a third world corrupt country to pretty much send thousands of trucks loaded with "WHAT" to come into this country...

PEOPLE -- GET ON THE HORN and TELL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES NOT TO THIS!!

PHUK BUSH!

Madison
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
The vast majority of smuggling is "drugs", most of it cannabis. Legalize drugs and you'll see these trucks disappear pretty fast.

The people who aren't enforcing the laws are the same ones letting the drugs come in because they're in bed with the Mexican druglords. They know terror isn't a serious threat so they profit off it.

fsk
09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
As far as I can tell, the only bad thing about allowing truck drivers from Mexico is that it's going to bust the teamster's union.

I don't see any reason to believe a Mexican driver would be worse than a USA-based driver.

Besides, they should be required to purchase insurance at the same level as USA-based drivers. If Mexican drivers are, overall, lousy, then they would pay higher insurance.

Man from La Mancha
09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Driver Violations: Drivers that have been stopped on U.S. highways have high out of service (OOS) rates for operating without a drivers license, for not having a legal license to operate the vehicle they were driving, and for not having hours of service (HOS) logbooks and records of duty status (RODS) as required under U.S. law.

Vehicle Violations: Vehicles that have been stopped on U.S. highway have high rates of poorly adjusted brakes and inoperable lamps.

Drug/Alcohol Testing: Mexico does not require workplace drug and alcohol testing of truck drivers as under U.S. law.

There is rampant drug use among Mexican truck drivers as a means to stay awake because employers push them to the limit;
There are no certified drug/alcohol testing laboratories in Mexico;
Samples collected in Mexico have to be sent to a U.S. lab for analysis;
The DOT Inspector General cannot verify that drug/alcohol sample collection procedures in Mexico meet U.S. standards for quality, purity and security;
Samples collected at the U.S. border may prove more reliable, but letting drivers know when and where they will be tested defeats the purpose of random testing and does not address U.S. requirements for pre-employment and reasonable suspicion testing.
There needs to be scientifically valid random drug testing.
Hours of Service: In addition to not maintaining HOS records, Mexico has no enforced HOS requirements so drivers can operate for an unlimited number of hours within Mexico and arrive at the U.S. border fatigued. Up until two years ago, Mexican drivers were not even required to carry logbooks. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration admits that it cannot penalize a driver for actions that occurred in Mexico if they have a logbook and other required records.

Mexican Drivers License: Fraudulent commercial drivers licenses are easy to obtain in Mexico. They are available on street corners for the right price. There is no agreement between the U.S. and Mexico on medical standards for commercial drivers licenses.

Mexican drivers are not subject to the same disqualifications of their CDL for violations occurring in their personal vehicle.

A Mexican driver that could be disqualified under the U.S. system will be able to drive on our U.S. highways.

Operating Authority Enforcement: Half of the U.S. States either have not enforced the laws against vehicles that lack operating authority or have problems obtaining the information needed to confirm if a vehicle lacks operating authority.

Data Quality: States are required to supply data on violations and convictions of Mexican drivers in the U.S. to a federal database. There have been serious problems with reporting these violations and convictions in each border State. About one-quarter (25%) of the requests for information on Mexican drivers indicate that the driver has a violation or conviction.

Bus Safety Inspections: The DOT Inspector General found that further improvements are needed at border crossings including inspection ramps and full-time personnel to accommodate bus and motorcoach inspections. In order to evade the fact that preparations for bus inspections are not complete, buses and motorcoaches are not included in the pilot program.

Hazardous Materials: The U.S. and Mexico have not reached agreement regarding the movement of placarded hazardous materials shipments from Mexico into the U.S. and beyond the commercial border zones. U.S. law requires criminal background checks be performed for CDL drivers with a hazardous materials endorsement. In order to evade the fact that the safety of cross-border hazardous materials shipments have not been addressed they are also excluded.

One of the most frequent Out-of-Service violations for Mexican drivers hauling hazardous materials into the commercial zones is mis-placarding or no placarding at all. If hazmat shipments are not labeled properly, how will we be sure that hazardous materials are not coming beyond the commercial zones via this pilot program.

Vehicles Not Built to U.S. Standards: Federal law requires that vehicles operated in the U.S. must meet the federal motor vehicle safety standards. Until 1996, most trucks and buses built in Mexico were not built to U.S. standards. Since then, an unknown number of trucks have not included safety equipment required by U.S. standards, such as antilock braking systems. Unless the vehicle has a certification label, border inspectors will not be able to determine whether a truck or bus entering the U.S. is as safe as vehicles built to the U.S. safety standards.

The DOT Border Pilot Program is Illegal: The safety problems mentioned above are covered by Section 350, which requires that DOT must completely fulfill these goals before the border with Mexico can be opened. Until those requirements have been fully completed, the border cannot legally be opened to any trucks. In addition, federal law governs how pilot programs must be carried out, and sets certain safety and procedural criteria that must be met. Section 4007, Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (1998). DOT and FMCSA have also not complied with that law.

Mexico-domiciled Motor Carriers Pose Threat to "Cabotage" Rules: NAFTA, customs and immigration related regulations restrict foreign-based trucks and drivers to carrying international shipments between their home countries and individual points in the U.S. Generally referred to as "cabotage" rules, these regulations also prohibit foreign trucks and drivers from moving domestic loads from point to point within the U.S. Once a foreign-domiciled truck crosses the border and enters the interior of our country, they will encounter virtually no enforcement of these regulations. Mexican truckers willing to haul at substantially lower rates will become a very attractive option to domestic shippers, brokers and freight forwarders. With no credible enforcement effort in place to deter them, Mexican motor carriers will surely seize the opportunity to arrange the pick up and delivery of loads all over the U.S., earning far more than they can in their own country.

Crashes by Mexico-domiciled Motor Carriers Raise Concerns Over Insurance Coverage: In the event of a crash or serious accident that involves either liability for serious injury or extensive freight clean up on a U.S. highway, Mexico-domiciled motor carriers have an advantage over U.S. companies. U.S. motor carriers are covered by insurance and the company's assets, if necessary, are subject to the jurisdiction of U.S. courts. The same is not true for Mexico-domiciled motor carriers whose only exposure is, for all practical purposes, only the amount of insurance coverage they are required to maintain by FMCSA. Although Mexico-domiciled motor carriers can be sued in Mexico, it is onerous for U.S. citizens and localities to sue under the judicial system in Mexico.

Syren123
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I wonder who the first innocent American is who will be taken out by a sub-standard Mexican truck on a US highway.

Johnnybags
09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
admin part, sadly it will come down to some serious backlash including violence. Once a few of these truckers see thier Mexican counterparts taking jobs they will repspond violently. Flat tires, burned rigs, the whole nine yards. I gauranty that will be the case, since the government will not listen to them. Bush has started a firestorm. They do not want to go to Mexico because of the same reasons, and hijacks and thefts along the roads there is a fact of life.

constituent
09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
the terrorists will get in and attack us regardless...

lord xar i think very highly of you, but we've butted heads over this before and i don't want to again 'cuz you'll be angry, i'll be angry and we both lose. i'm with you on not letting the trucks in b/c i think it is a very underhanded way of trying to short truckdrivers in an already tough, highly overregulated market/industry.

which is really the purpose of the whole NAU concept to begin with. needless to say the next attack will be blamed on mexican nationals regardless of what we do about immigration.

however we have too many laws as it is and feel that a truck driver getting away with a little contraband is a victory for freedom... just my take on it.

but clearly this is important to you, might try posting it in the main forum for some love.

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I didn't explicitly mention it, but another main concern of mine is the "North American Union" side to this.

Remember, these are "mexican trucks" with no standardized protocol for 'safe trucking'. Also, there is NO legislation that says these truckers need to speak english. Also, BRINGING IN terrorists OR weaponary to be used by terrorists is extremely easy.

I am not sure why there are persons associating "cannabis" to this issue. If all we had to worry about is Cannabis, the world would be a nice place. But that is NOT the reality that I am bringing forth here. I agree that 'terrorists or anybody' else for that matter could practically just walk across the border. - but putting out american workers to further bush's plan for the NAU all the while making America LESS SECURE than all that shit they been preaching IS NOT RIGHT!

Do NOT turn this into a cannabis thread... I don't give a rats ass about that.

This is just BUSH's little plan to integrate us with mexico by first introducing "trade" agreements and such... just like the EU. The patriot Act also is doing this.

These Mexican TRUCKS must not be allowed to come in.... We do not have to agree on the semantics of what "parts" of this are not good...

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I wonder who the first innocent American is who will be taken out by a sub-standard Mexican truck on a US highway.

And there will be those who will want to know why you are attacking these drivers, and call you a racist xenophobe for suggesting that they, the mexican truck driver, is at fault.

This is a travesty. Those trucks should be stopped, and inspected - because they are coming from a VERY CORRUPT third world nation AND becasue 'if' we care about all this terror that the gov is feeding us, then wouldn't it make sense to just check em' out?

Naw.... this is Bush's agenda for the NAU. As shown by his totally jumping over congress to have this happen.

cjhowe
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Lol. You wouldn't be making the argument for them if it wasn't true. However, this is a different issue altogether from immigration. This is an area that are that you are free to discriminate on. Operating a vehicle on our roads is a privilege, not a right. You should need to demonstrate a certain competency in order to drive on the roads. In addition, we do need to provide a common defence at our borders.

This differs from the immigration issue in that you're wanting to discriminate without due process. You should not need to be licensed to trade your labor or to pay for a roof over your head. If you suspect someone of violating the law, charge them with a crime. Don't say to someone, you're brown or you speak Spanish or you wear tipped cowboy boots, hasta luego mother f'er.

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Lol. You wouldn't be making the argument for them if it wasn't true. However, this is a different issue altogether from immigration. This is an area that are that you are free to discriminate on. Operating a vehicle on our roads is a privilege, not a right. You should need to demonstrate a certain competency in order to drive on the roads. In addition, we do need to provide a common defence at our borders.

This differs from the immigration issue in that you're wanting to discriminate without due process. You should not need to be licensed to trade your labor or to pay for a roof over your head. If you suspect someone of violating the law, charge them with a crime. Don't say to someone, you're brown or you speak Spanish or you wear tipped cowboy boots, hasta luego mother f'er.

Well regardless of where you find validity is not really relevant. Not disparaging you from your point. But there are a ton of things wrong with allowing this, and wherever one sits on the wheel against it - it is all fine.

What matters is that this is all very wrong.

No matter what you say cjhowe... this whole immigration thing is tied in with Bush's NAU agenda. You can't seperate all of these issues, because no matter how much you try to push your open borders agenda.. these are all tied together, completely. So to try and argue one point will not get you anywhere because they are all intertwined and dependent on each other.

cjhowe
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Allowing people to trade their labor does not undermine sovereignty. Our immigration policies as they stand today do not recognize the power of the free market and insists on using force to try to counter it. There is no logistical way to enforce the current immigration law without making certain individual's freedoms negotiable. This is morally unconscionable and the notion needs to be rejected.

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Allowing people to trade their labor does not undermine sovereignty. Our immigration policies as they stand today do not recognize the power of the free market and insists on using force to try to counter it. There is no logistical way to enforce the current immigration law without making certain individual's freedoms negotiable. This is morally unconscionable and the notion needs to be rejected.

Try not to hijack threads bro.. seriously.

IN MY MIND< Illegal immigrants are not granted the same rights/priveledges as American Citizens.

BUT, be that as it may. This thread is about Mexican Trucks coming into America.

And this cannot stand.....

cjhowe
09-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Try not to hijack threads bro.. seriously.

You hijacked your own thread by pre-emptively bringing up xenophobia.

IN MY MIND< Illegal immigrants are not granted the same rights/priveledges as American Citizens.

That is the problem with your thinking. You're suggesting that governments grant rights. They do not grant a single one. They only choose to protect or destroy. As a free society we must choose carefully which freedoms are to be destroyed or left unprotected.

BUT, be that as it may. This thread is about Mexican Trucks coming into America.

And this cannot stand.....
If it's about trucks driving on our roads by persons who have not shown competency to operate a motor vehicle on our roads, then yes, this cannot stand. I don't think the national origin of a truck has any bearing on the matter (provided the vehicle has met the safety standards of our laws).

constituent
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
what i have to wonder is if this fight would not be better waged on the state level?

TXDOT can be hardcore sometimes about who can use their roads and what will pass, perhaps lobbying TXDOT would be a start, I'm sure NM, AZ, and CA have similar administrative bodies that could be lobbied much more efficiently than the fed gov't.

you might not be able to stop them, but if you rally the troops on the local and state levels you might be able to make it unprofitable.

funny thing is that there was already a war waged over this issue once before. it happened in texas, but they don't ever teach you about it in school.

Lord Xar
09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
You hijacked your own thread by pre-emptively bringing up xenophobia.

That is the problem with your thinking. You're suggesting that governments grant rights. They do not grant a single one. They only choose to protect or destroy. As a free society we must choose carefully which freedoms are to be destroyed or left unprotected.

If it's about trucks driving on our roads by persons who have not shown competency to operate a motor vehicle on our roads, then yes, this cannot stand. I don't think the national origin of a truck has any bearing on the matter (provided the vehicle has met the safety standards of our laws).

Actually, "IF" this is my thread - how did I hijack it? Now CJHOW - you have a reputation around here for steering threads off topic. That is your MO, and it is clearly known.

As mentioned earlier, this is ALL tied together - illegals, open borders, trade agreements not santioned by congress, NAU/SPP etc... its all tied together. You try to piece meal it because of your open borders mentality.

I have a hardon for illegal immigrants. I do. I admit. Its a travesty.
Your hardon is open borders and having America overrun with illegals.

-- SEE, these trucks have NO oversight. Will not meet American standards for emissions or safety. This is ALL documented. Yet - you keep on with your illegal immigrant support. This is not about "if there is no oversight" etc... THERE IS NO OVERSIGHT. Yet you keep arguing your love and support for the benefits of open borders. It would be very easy for you to come in here and say "yeah, no oversight sucks. Those trucks should be stopped at the border." No, instead you do what you normally do... create smoke screens of "what ifs", all the while tying your agenda into the thread. I am not sure how cleaver you think you are.

THIS IS NOT WHAT RON PAUL SUPPORTS, and ITS NOT WHAT MOST OF US HERE SUPPORT. Now, you can have your own views. But, based on the "open border" policies we have now - your ideas are a shambles.

Hey CJHOWE, do you get paid "per post" or "per disruption", that is what I'd like to know.

PennCustom4RP
09-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Actually, "IF" this is my thread - how did I hijack it? Now CJHOW - you have a reputation around here for steering threads off topic. That is your MO, and it is clearly known.

As mentioned earlier, this is ALL tied together - illegals, open borders, trade agreements not santioned by congress, NAU/SPP etc... its all tied together. You try to piece meal it because of your open borders mentality.

I have a hardon for illegal immigrants. I do. I admit. Its a travesty.
Your hardon is open borders and having America overrun with illegals.

-- SEE, these trucks have NO oversight. Will not meet American standards for emissions or safety. This is ALL documented. Yet - you keep on with your illegal immigrant support. This is not about "if there is no oversight" etc... THERE IS NO OVERSIGHT. Yet you keep arguing your love and support for the benefits of open borders. It would be very easy for you to come in here and say "yeah, no oversight sucks. Those trucks should be stopped at the border." No, instead you do what you normally do... create smoke screens of "what ifs", all the while tying your agenda into the thread. I am not sure how cleaver you think you are.

Xar, I voiced these same concerns in the other thread on this topic

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15205

<That really sucks, so much for our Govt looking out for our truckers.
I wonder what safety inspections these trucks will have to pass, and are these inspections done by their people of ours? Will these trucks be fully scrutinized at the border, searched for contraband etc, or just waived through? Think of all the drugs and illegals that could come here unabated if there is no border inspection or search.
I hope that these trucks can be identified on the highway, and that every LEO these trucks pass here in the US, pulls them over and searches them again.>

THIS IS NOT WHAT RON PAUL SUPPORTS, and ITS NOT WHAT MOST OF US HERE SUPPORT. Now, you can have your own views. But, based on the "open border" policies we have now - your ideas are a shambles.

Hey CJHOWE, do you get paid "per post" or "per disruption", that is what I'd like to know.

And from another thread;

cjhowe RP support tally thus far:

pro-choice
pro-FED
pro-IRS
pro-illegal immigration
add:
pro-open borders
pro-Mexican truckers in US

read all posts from this guy, as said by others previously, he is no RP supporter...don't entertain him

constituent
09-04-2007, 08:02 PM
alright, sorry to rant on your thread Xar, but i think this is an important issue for america that ties in to what you're talking about.

be it drugs, people, whatever i think it is important to see this one little thread within the larger picture...

we take over afghanistan (from our current president's good friends and allies) and instill a puppet government (our current president's other good friends and allies) and suddenly Afghanistan is having bumper poppy crops like corn.

meanwhile back in the states, the 'key ingredient' to the scourge of the week has been restricted greatly and now requires documentation (documentation that will soon be tied in to a federal database through real i.d.) to purchase. this shift will ultimately have a positive impact on neighborhoods due to the resulting lack of toxic chemicals dumped into the sewers and streets that drain to the creeks (you know the bit). however, it has only driven the production and trade of a certain drug south of the border.

meanwhile south of the border, a fierce war (yea, it's a war... in our backyard) has resulted from efforts to selectively prohibit the trafficing of narcotics resulting in a government sanctioned cartel system (who did vicente fox work for again?).

so we have two 'key ingredients' to ensuring a society that will remain either a)rabid or b) docile and complacent consolidated into the hands of a few globalist billionaires.

the only issue is the patriotic american on the ground who wants to clean up their community, just do their job, whatever. how do you get around that?

::back to you xar::

now look at this from the immigration angle . right now the political scene in Mexico is firey (pun sorta not intended) to say the least. And is it any wonder with 10,000,000 plus peole in mexico city and a fascistic regime that will use whatever force is necessary to stomp out dissent? how to ease that pressure?

again the only thing that stands in the way is that patriotic american.

but on that one bad day when guns are drawn and someone pays with their life (either through their death or guilt issue from the killing), who pays? it's not the billionaires, but that patriotic american.

the same goes for the drugs. this is why we have to wake up to the larger picture. not just the picture of immigration, of drugs, of terrorism, not just of this faction or that faction, this government or that, but about the gradual and deliberate destruction of the most basic of human rights and dignities.

not to mention terrorism. mark my words, when the next terrorist incident is blamed on mexico, or venezuela we will be taking over. and hell, since we're there... why not just consolidate, incorporate?

but the change, if that's what we want, starts at the local level, just like the ron paul campaign and in time america at large, real change always moves from the ground up. so when considering your strategies for dealing with this sort of situation keep that in mind.

in this case, what are the routes these trucks will be taking? which towns and counties will they be passing through? brush up on their local ordinances, contact sympathetic local groups, and the people in charge of the enforcement. when it comes down to it, everything is about the money anyway, and the local sherriff's department needs those violations (and resulting tickets and fines) just as bad as everyone else.

Razmear
09-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I really don't see why this is any different from the trucks that come in from Canada every day. They are spot checked at the border and let on thru, and believe me they can't drive worth a shit either, plus Canadian grass is better than the Mexican shit any day.

Having different policies for different borders doesn't make sense.

eb

PennCustom4RP
09-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I really don't see why this is any different from the trucks that come in from Canada every day. They are spot checked at the border and let on thru, and believe me they can't drive worth a shit either, plus Canadian grass is better than the Mexican shit any day.

Having different policies for different borders doesn't make sense.

eb

1. unlikely that the Canadian truckers are smuggling undocumented illegal Canadians into the US
2. at least the Canadian trucks are checked, each article I read about the Mexican trucks, they will pass through unabated.
3. safety inspections in Canada more stringent than US inspections, I see this all the time on Impalassforum(car forum). American cars that easily pass their states inspections fail the Canadian inspection when bought by Canadians and shipped over.

Every border requires policy specific to those on the other side, and the history and behavior of said peoples. We have a friendly, mutually beneficial relationship with the Canadians, not the same can be said of the Mexican relationship.

cjhowe
09-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Xar, I voiced these same concerns in the other thread on this topic

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15205

<That really sucks, so much for our Govt looking out for our truckers.
I wonder what safety inspections these trucks will have to pass, and are these inspections done by their people of ours? Will these trucks be fully scrutinized at the border, searched for contraband etc, or just waived through? Think of all the drugs and illegals that could come here unabated if there is no border inspection or search.
I hope that these trucks can be identified on the highway, and that every LEO these trucks pass here in the US, pulls them over and searches them again.>

And from another thread;

cjhowe RP support tally thus far:

pro-choice
pro-FED
pro-IRS
pro-illegal immigration
add:
pro-open borders
pro-Mexican truckers in US

read all posts from this guy, as said by others previously, he is no RP supporter...don't entertain him

I apologize that this has moved so far off topic, but I feel that I must defend myself.

I'm encouraged that you're needing to resort to ad hominem attacks in place of honest discussion. Again to answer your attacks;

Abortion:
I am pro-choice, but I don't feel it is the federal government's place. We are perfectly capable of handling the complexity of the issue locally.

Federal Reserve:
I would like to get rid of the Fed, but it will require a lot of discipline and sacrifice on the part of the Congress and the American people to accomplish and it's not a conspiracy.

Internal Revenue Service:
I would like to get rid of the IRS, it is not necessary when government is acting in its proper role, but there is indeed a law and there is not a conspiracy.

Immigration:
I am not "pro-illegal immigration" if that is even a stance that is possible have. I have never condoned breaking the law, however the laws need to be changed. They are not in line with the principles of our country and they threaten everyone's freedoms of movement and contract even the freedoms of WASP.

Open Borders:
In regards to open borders, I would advocate in favor of our borders being used for defence and once it is determined that an individual is not a threat to us, we should protect the freedoms of all individuals where we have sovereignty.

Mexican Trucker:
As far as pro Mexican trucker, I would have no problem with someone using our roadways if their vehicles meet our standard, their cargo has been verified and their drivers have met appropriate driver's competency.

There is more to every single issue than a simple check box on a sheet of paper. I would encourage you to look into the reasons why you hold the views that you do on every issue and see if you can find some sort of consistency in your principles.

autocar65
09-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I am a trucker and much of my career has been spent training others to drive trucks and some of these student drivers were Mexicans who had become Americans and wanted to continue their driving career in the US. These students of mine have themselves said that America does not need these drivers in the US! I have heard horror stories about disconnecting spring brakes added to the fact that most of these trucks in Mexico are older American trucks that were sold to companies in Mexico after these trucks were considered past the point of being cost effective to maintain in America. If we couldn't afford to maintain them in the USA, what are the chances they will be better maintained in Mexico?

So are some questions I have for all of you who want to argue that Mexican trucks should be allowed in the US: Would you allow your teenager to learn to drive in a car that has no emergency brake? Would you allow your teen to sleep in a car with no air conditioning? Are you willing to take your children's chance at making a living in the US and send their future job to Mexico?

Many do not consider themselves as a candidate to become a trucker, but I have trained many with college degrees to drive a truck because what they used to do was exported elsewhere. The middle class is getting smaller and smaller every year. It is bad enough to send American Jobs overseas, it is worse to import foreign labor into the US and hand them our jobs.

So do not be surprised when NAFTA comes knocking on your door.

Santana28
09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
maybe we could chase them out with pitchforks?

i'm barely joking there.

Lord Xar
09-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I am a trucker and much of my career has been spent training others to drive trucks and some of these student drivers were Mexicans who had become Americans and wanted to continue their driving career in the US. These students of mine have themselves said that America does not need these drivers in the US! I have heard horror stories about disconnecting spring brakes added to the fact that most of these trucks in Mexico are older American trucks that were sold to companies in Mexico after these trucks were considered past the point of being cost effective to maintain in America. If we couldn't afford to maintain them in the USA, what are the chances they will be better maintained in Mexico?

So are some questions I have for all of you who want to argue that Mexican trucks should be allowed in the US: Would you allow your teenager to learn to drive in a car that has no emergency brake? Would you allow your teen to sleep in a car with no air conditioning? Are you willing to take your children's chance at making a living in the US and send their future job to Mexico?

Many do not consider themselves as a candidate to become a trucker, but I have trained many with college degrees to drive a truck because what they used to do was exported elsewhere. The middle class is getting smaller and smaller every year. It is bad enough to send American Jobs overseas, it is worse to import foreign labor into the US and hand them our jobs.

So do not be surprised when NAFTA comes knocking on your door.

I am with you. My brother was a trucker and was pretty much forced out of his job by mexican truck drivers. Most of these did not even speak english. Last I heard, Ohio was okay but that started to turn into the 'all mexican truckers'.

Opening those borders was just a way for bush to push his NAU/SPP plan... we don't see any American drivers going south, do we?

constituent
09-07-2007, 01:32 PM
xar-

have you contacted txdot?

Bouhk
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree with the subtitle of this topic! Illegals are death to American economy, but try to tell that to some coorupt corporate business thugs! I've had enough of this game and feel its time to round them all up like cattle and send them back home! They have more rights than I do and I'm a legal citizen...but none of you would know that by the way I've been treated!

autocar65
09-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I have this theory: If you don't have the guts to fix your own country, you don't get to come to mine and spoil what our forefathers worked and died to build.

If the middle east can't grow up and stand up to those that would enslave them, I don't think my countrymen should have to die to fix their troubles just to hand a fixed country back to people who will go right back to killing each other for territory.

The only saleable commodity they have is oil. I was working for E.W. Moran Drilling here in Texas when the oil field went under the last time and we were drilling close to the oil and then collecting the drilling insurance when we didn't strike oil. We were sending oil drilling equipment to the middle east at this time, so WE put the middle east into the oil business! WE PUT THEM IN THE BUSINESS!!!.

So now that the middle east nations have enough money to fund terrorism, why are we surprised that they do? We have shut down our oil business and put it into the hands of people who hate us. SMART!!

What we need to do is to take the one item their economy depends on for income, and become independant of it. And share this with our European friends who are also dependant on middle east oil. What would they do if not for oil?

Goats just don't sell well in the USA.

sunny
09-08-2007, 01:38 PM
ok people!
what the hell is the matter with y'all!!!

Xar is ABSOLUTELY right!

anything that is said here in addition to what he first wrote is total bullshit........what's happening is a travesty a HUGE travesty!

damn right - everybody get on the horn NOW and call, fax, email your senators and reps.........this has GOTTA be stopped!!!

we did it with the immigration bill and it can be done with the mexican trucks running roughshod over us highways!!! - unregistered, uninspected and cargos of who knows what - hard drugs, heavy duty weaponry, people - who the hell knows???

the NAU is real folks and it IS happening now - RIGHT NOW!
north carolina has already got the drivers license going and the nau coins have already been started being minted!!!

I'll find the damn pics and post it asap!

the scheduled date for this incidious plan for completion is 2010 -2010!!!!!!!!

if you wanna live in this country you're gonna have to fight for it!!!!!!

Thanks Xar for posting this incredibly important thread!

www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com

autocar65
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Here is the letter I sent to my senator:

I would like to remind members of the Senate that they are paid to represent United States citizens, not illegal immigrants. Have members of the Senate now forgotten the meaning of illegal? Are we soon to reward them for breaking the law? And will this issue become the death rattle of the Republican Party?

And now we are going to allow Mexican trucks into the U.S.A.

I personally have trained many of these Mexicans truckers who have LEGALLY become US citizens. They tell me the horror stories of what goes on in Mexico in the trucking industry. Why would we invite them here? They operate trucks that we sold to them because they were not cost effective to continue to repair! Add to this the fact that we will be inviting a labor group into the United States for United States citizens to compete with for jobs, and this is going to lower wages for American Truckers.

Now, I know you Senators vote yourselves pay raises every chance you get, therefore if United States truckers have to take a pay cut, you should too!

Most truckers are conservatives. They agree with what the Republican platform is. In fact, the Teamsters supported Bush for a term. Can the Republican Party afford to hand this voting block to another party?

It is time that Republicans return to what made them strong in the first place. Handing our jobs to foreigners is a step in the wrong direction. Keep putting Americans out of work and soon Republican senators will be out work.

To me, a working trucker who pays taxes, Washington DC is looking more like a city of traitors than a city of patriots.

PennCustom4RP
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iFg95HeAwfCdRVMysBYBfOmNZKKw
The Associated Press:
Mexican Dynamite Truck Explodes; 37 Die

9 hours ago

PIEDRAS NEGRAS, Mexico (AP) — A truck carrying explosives for the mining industry exploded after running into another vehicle in northern Mexico, killing at least 37 people, a federal police official said Monday.

The two cars collided Sunday evening on a highway in Coahuila state, near the town of Sacramento, Luis Horacio de Hoyos said.

Soldiers, police, emergency officials, nearby residents and reporters were on the scene when the vehicle suddenly caught fire, igniting the truck full of explosives.

Maximo Alberto Neri Lopez, a federal police official, said 37 people were killed and 150 were injured. He said the explosion left a 3-meter by 15-meter crater in the concrete.

De Hoyos said three newspaper reporters from the city of Monclova were among the dead.

This could have happened in the US. Surely there are not the 'Safety in Transport' concerns in Mexico as in the US.
When was the last dynamite truck to explode here?