PDA

View Full Version : "Obsession" DVD given out in swing states - anyone else get this?

Dave
09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
As I was throwing the Sunday paper in the recycle bin I noticed a free DVD. It's called "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West". The card with it says it's a film (a few years old, it appears) about the threat of Radical Islam to Western Civilization and will change the way you look at the world.

What's interesting is that there's a list of newspapers this went to and it appears to be largely swing states in the upcoming election. It's apparently paid for by something called the Clarion Fund. There's a call to get informed, get involved, take action, and contribute.

Did anyone else get this? Has anyone seen it?

ronpaulfollower999
09-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Found the official website- http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/index1.php

Looks like its about radical Muslims who want death to America and the UK.

durden0
09-16-2008, 09:43 AM
yah, i got it too. I'm assuming it's a GOP funded ploy to put fear back in people about terrorism and spurr national security as a major election issue.

ron paul or bust
09-16-2008, 09:45 AM
yah, i got it too. I'm assuming it's a GOP funded ploy to put fear back in people about terrorism and spurr national security as a major election issue.

Yeah my parents got it in the mail and my dad popped it in the DVR and then went on a lovely neo-con rant....... :rolleyes:

SnappleLlama
09-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I got it in the mail...haven't cracked it open, yet.

nullvalu
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM

that'd be my assumption as well....gotta keep the public scared of the islamo-fascist boogeyman suicide bomber.. look out! he's in your closet!

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, it's going out to scare people and distract from the appalling economy.

mnewcomb
09-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Yep, I'm in Orlando and it made it into the Orlando Sentinel.

crackyflipside
09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah I got it.

Miami, FL

Kludge
09-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Clarion will soon be releasing a video labeled "The Third Jihad".

nullvalu
09-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Clarion will soon be releasing a video labeled "The Third Jihad".

What is Clarion? A non-profit? A private company? If public, I'd like to find out who exactly their backers are..

In fact there used to be a website where you could look up any institution like this and find out the background facts about it.. Like there was that commercial some other organization did a while back about supporting the war..... what was that site?

Kludge
09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1036862/clarion_fund_promccain_nonprofit_group.html

gjvrieze
09-16-2008, 11:17 AM

angelatc
09-16-2008, 11:27 AM
As I was throwing the Sunday paper in the recycle bin I noticed a free DVD. It's called "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West". The card with it says it's a film (a few years old, it appears) about the threat of Radical Islam to Western Civilization and will change the way you look at the world.

What's interesting is that there's a list of newspapers this went to and it appears to be largely swing states in the upcoming election. It's apparently paid for by something called the Clarion Fund. There's a call to get informed, get involved, take action, and contribute.

Did anyone else get this? Has anyone seen it?

Yeah, I posted about it but nobody else responded so I thought it was just me!

Propaganda.....

SnappleLlama
09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I just want to know why I'm on their mailing list, since I don't get the newspaper.

Jeremy
09-16-2008, 12:22 PM
bj lawson actually blogged about this today

go to his blog on his campaign site, it's currently the second to last thing posted

Josh_LA
09-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Not that anti-Muslim bigotry from Zionist neocons ever surprises me, but I wish to see it for entertainment anyway.

fedup100
09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Found the official website- http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/index1.php

Looks like its about radical Muslims who want death to America and the UK.

There has already been a long thread about this with the usual trolls.

I do not believe we were attacked by Muslims. With that said though there is no such thing as "Radical Muslims". ALL MUSLIMS ARE RADICAL. You cannot be a little bit pregnant or a little bit Muslim!

Before you hit the ceiling, please do your research and show me the Koran lite.

This little recent incident shows you the problem growing here under our nose, notice how he brought his baby boy to show him how it's done......

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=33566

Zolah
09-16-2008, 05:59 PM
There has already been a long thread about this with the usual trolls.

I do not believe we were attacked by Muslims. With that said though there is no such thing as "Radical Muslims". ALL MUSLIMS ARE RADICAL. You cannot be a little bit pregnant or a little bit Muslim!

Before you hit the ceiling, please do your research and show me the Koran lite.

This little recent incident shows you the problem growing here under our nose, notice how he brought his baby boy to show him how it's done......

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=33566

There is no "Diet Christianity", all Christians are flag-burning, sheet-wearing, racist KKK grand masters...or witch-hunting fanatics who burn anyone who disagrees with them, watch out here comes the Spanish Inquisition, or is it the English Crusades...And there goes a Christian nation dropping 2 atomic bombs on a country...Yeah, it's not as if people should be treated as individuals or anything, that would be silly, world would be a better place without all these pesky Christians don't you agree? Get pro-active about it! The final solution is here. Then we can move on to getting rid of the next scapegoat.

Collectivism is bad, seriously.

dawnbt
09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I just received it in the mail here in MI this week. Came on to see what it was all about and low and behold I found this thread. Just as I suspected. Must destroy DVD before it gets into the wrong hands and influences hypnotic minds.

Mortikhi
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
One was mailed to my house addressed to me the other day.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
good i thought i was the only one, just made a thread about this, mods delete it if you can. But yeah, i mean what the fuck, i have to watch this and see whats up. Just got mine in the mail today.

amy31416
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Just got one in the mail the other day. Bunch of fear propaganda to make people vote McCain, I looked up the group.

Yuck.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
quote from inside cover:

"..reveals an insider view of the hatred the radical are teaching, there incitement of global jihand, and their goal of world domination. The film also traces the parallels between the nazi movement of ww2, the radicals of today, and the western worlds response to both threats."

how about they tell us about how many parallels there are between american and the nazi movement, along with the conncections our wealthiest americans had to the nazi movement, including our presidents own grandfather. I mean come on, this is the stinkiest piece of shit propaganda i have ever seen in my life.

constitutional
09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh look, Glen Beck -- one of the hailed heroes by some idiots on this forum is in the trailer: http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/index1.php

Josh_LA
09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I wanna see it (knowing I probably would disagree)

Can somebody send me a copy?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-25-2008, 04:26 PM
It's SUCH an obvious precursor to the next 911 false flag attack it isn't funny. You could make the same movie with red neck southern baptists and make it look like we're intent on destroying the east. Oh, oops, WE ARE.

They made it with iDVD on a Mac. That pisses me off even more.

jcarcinogen
09-25-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

Kludge
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Mine came in the mail this afternoon =/