PDA

View Full Version : They Didn't Attack Switzerland

American
09-04-2007, 02:13 PM
This is a good article, me thinks,....:)

Switzerland has not been in a war of any kind since 1815. It has not been in an official foreign war since 1515. This would be astounding, even miraculous, for any nation. But Switzerland borders Germany . And France . And Italy . And Austria . And Liechtenstein . Now the Prince of Liechtenstein has rarely lashed out in Blitzkrieg in a desperate bid to reign uber alles, but ALL of Switzerland 's other neighbors have devoted a lot of effort to invading other countries.

In addition to the encircling foreign marauders, Switzerland itself is composed of several different ethnic groups that get along as well as, e.g., Germans and French. But they haven’t ethnically cleansed each other for two centuries, either.

You would think that peacekeeping performance of this kind would make Switzerland an object of study in every political science and civics course worldwide. "WHY Didn't They Attack Switzerland ?" should be the title of many a textbook. This is not the case. Very few political scientists study Switzerland .

Switzerland is of no interest to politicians, because the features of the Swiss system that keep the peace are the same features that make Swiss politicians unimportant. Do you know the name of the Swiss President now serving out his nonrenewable one-year term? No, you do not (it’s Samuel Schmid, but you won’t remember tomorrow). His name doesn't matter, and he doesn't matter to the defense of Switzerland . There is no central location of Swiss defense, no Pentagon or NORAD into which you can crash a 757 or a black-market Kazakh nuclear weapon. The defense of Switzerland is the entire people of Switzerland itself.

The features of the Swiss system for keeping the peace are simple. They mind their own business, and they have very strict gun control. By which they mean that every Swiss male must have a gun, except for those who have to carry a mortar or missile launcher. Females are not subject to universal military training, but if you go to a Swiss rifle range, there are always girls blasting away too. After 9-11, the Swiss told passengers to carry their bayonets onto their airliners . . . somewhat different from the US response of panicked victim-disarmament. (You are aware that 99% of US pilots are STILL disarmed?)

As a final defense, the Swiss have rigged the vaults of their banks for demolition. Any dictator attacking Switzerland will find the gold in his numbered bank account buried in rubble hundreds of meters under a mountain. It is known that Hitler had a numbered account.

Switzerland has also provided for defense of the lives of its civilian population against nuclear terrorism. Realizing after World War Two that nuclear weapons in the hands of power-mad idiots posed a public health threat, the Swiss started a nationwide shelter-building program in 1960. By 1991, there was enough shelter space in Switzerland to protect everyone in their home or apartment, and also enough at their workplace and school. A Swiss citizen is generally never more than a few minutes from a fallout shelter with an air filter.

continued
http://www.strike-the-root.com/51/walker/walker1.html

ghemminger
09-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Whoa - What a country - Visited a friend in the French Part of Switziland - he had his gun and ammo in his closet - and had to fill out a report - if he took it out - Those damned Crazy Swiss -

Vvick727
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
HOLY S***. Seriously, why can't we trust us to deal with danger?

American
09-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Switzerland also doesnt belong to the European Union. Say what you will, they seem to practice what we preach. for the most part anyways.

ghemminger
09-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Switzerland also doesnt belong to the European Union. Say what you will, they seem to practice what we preach. for the most part anyways.

And like my buddy is a school teacher but he always on vacation in Thailand or something - not a bad place to live and work!

ChooseLiberty
09-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Don't forget they are also split between Catholic and Protestant.

What's their secret?

I'll hazard a guess - The Swiss probably have 99.99999% literacy level, speak 3 or 4 languages and can do financial and economic math.

catwoman
09-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I've been to Switzerland, it's beautiful. If it wasn't so darn cold there I might consider moving. Although if things get bad here I might prefer to deal with cold weather. Hmmm, maybe I'd better check out their immigration laws.

J4ck
09-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Swiss immigration laws are cruel lol.
+Switzerland is ok but they're very bureacratic. (not on the federal level but it still sucks)
/+ they have serious problems with racism.

Brasil Branco
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Switzerland is expensive as hell though

Omnis
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I guess we can all at least go to Switzerland if America goes belly-up, even if it's damn expensive.

CurtisLow
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I sent my friend in the Netherlands the video of (The Real Face of the European Union}, His response.

Hahaha, had to laugh about it and was mad at the same time. This is total BS and most of all offensive for the Dutch as they made links to WWII on the Germans & French.

The Netherlands is one of the select countries which voted against the EU constitution (we even had a cabinet fall on this) as we believe that our country constitution prevails more then the EU constitution as that is the heritage and soul basis of each country. Most of all we due agree with the EU in total meaning it's the people who vote and tell which direction a country has to go and not vice versa.

Like i said most Dutch people are aware of this situation regarding the EU and if this means that Germany & France dictates what should be done here , the dutch people will fight against them as in our believes each country is responsible for it's own politics. We had this shit a while back when Germany & France dictated over Holland....and one thing i can assure you it will not happen again! It's treated equally on the countries or Holland will withdraw the EU, that's our motto over here.

If it comes to an EU war, then so be it but the Dutch will not forget the past and most certainly not abandon their heritage and history.

That's all i have to say!

Marceline88
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey, hey, shhhhhh don't spead the secret around of how cool Switzerland is.....your going to ruin our plan B if Ron Paul doesn't get elected.....they can't take in ALL of us. Shhhhhhhhhhhh

RP4ME
09-04-2007, 10:09 PM
they have voted it down but they have an open application and will eseentially keep reviewing it.....its surrounded!