PDA

View Full Version : Watching the collapse of the economy live

Sematary
09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
It's so sad to see even though those of us who have been listening knew it was coming. The central banks around the world pumped more money into the system. The fed is talking about dropping interest rates (another bandaid). How much longer can the system hold out before the patient dies?

werdd
09-16-2008, 07:32 AM
it's coming down, i have too much saved when it's soon going to be worth nothing.

Looking at alot into food water bullets smokes liquor gold and gas.

A. Havnes
09-16-2008, 08:05 AM
My high school economics teacher once told us that with the Fed in place, there would never be another great depression. He also said that since we do not use gold and silver as legal tender, we could never have another great depression. I'll have to ask my brother what he's currently teaching. All I know is that he still supports big government.

Razmear
09-16-2008, 08:15 AM
"when you ain't got nothin, you got nothin to loose"

No worries here, so long as gas falls back down fairly soon.
I'm rather well adapted to being poor and surviving on next to nothing. I pity all those folks with 401k's that are going to evaporate tho, time to cash out while you can.

eb

RJB
09-16-2008, 08:16 AM
My high school economics teacher once told us that with the Fed in place, there would never be another great depression. He also said that since we do not use gold and silver as legal tender, we could never have another great depression. I'll have to ask my brother what he's currently teaching. All I know is that he still supports big government.

How can there be hope in education when the teachers are as ignorant as the students?:eek:

RJB
09-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I pity all those folks with 401k's that are going to evaporate tho, time to cash out while you can.

eb

Yeah, all those with inflated retirement packages-- they're in for te worst ride.

Pauls' Revere
09-16-2008, 11:31 AM

No worries here, so long as gas falls back down fairly soon.
I'm rather well adapted to being poor and surviving on next to nothing. I pity all those folks with 401k's that are going to evaporate tho, time to cash out while you can.

eb

Will plant food of sorts when I can.

cska80
09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Shhhh...the Dow is up today. There's nothing to see here. You can all go home now.

Look over there! Obama says Wall St. is responsible even though he worked for ACORN which was one of the groups pressuring banks into giving out loans to people who couldn't afford them!

Look over here! McCain says we need more regulations and that it's all the fault of Wall St. and those greedy capitalists! Forget that he's been in Congress....FOREVER...and didn't do anything about it.

Go back to sleep now, children. The fed has everything under control. There is no new world order. There is no conspiracy. The dollar is fine. Globalism is great.

A. Havnes
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
How can there be hope in education when the teachers are as ignorant as the students?:eek:

Never, EVER send your kids to high school in Nevis, MN! Plain and simple. I made a whole post on this somewhere else.

You mean to say that America doesn't have the best education in the world?! :rolleyes:

I graduated from high school four years ago, being one of the only students in my (tiny) class who could read, write, and speak in complete sentences. Here's a quick rundown of the riveting education (sarcasm alert) that my school puts kids through.

1. English - I was blessed with wonderful English teachers, but my brother isn't. After I graduated, the best English teacher in Minnesta (in my opinion) retired, and the one who replaced her is a feminist who gives all other feminists a bad name by also being extremely sexist. She also can't spell at all, doesn't allow her students to read books in her class (but they can watch the movies), and has the vocabulary of a 15-year-old! Heck, this year's students weren't even allowed to read The Scarlet Letter just because some paragraphs only consisted on one lengthy sentence. She also has a great dislike for Ron Paul; she failed my brother's reading assignment simply because he read The Revolution: A Manifesto, and she's a Clinton supporter.

2. Math - My first math teacher was quite brilliant, but unfortunately after some terrible elementary math teachers, her lessons went over most people's heads. She also had an interesting grading system that went like this: if you get less than 98% on any given math assignment, you're not allowed to turn it in and must instead redo it until you get 98% of the questions correct. However, when you did turn it in, you'd only get credit for 50% of the questions anyway. If you got, say, 97% and went ahead and turned it in anyway, the assignment would be counted as "missing" and handed back to you, after which you would only get credit for 50% of the assignment once you handed it back in.
I did have one good math teacher, though, but she was fired when the aforementioned math teacher was promoted to principal.

3. Science - These classes were jokes. First of all, biology was never required. All you had to learn was elementary science and the rest were optional, and none of the classes were very informative.

4. Civics and Economics - Both of these were required, and both were taught by extremely biased democrats. We were taught that republicans wanted a monarchy, but the democrats are the party that serves the people. Actually, our political studies were so skewed, you'd think they were being taught by anchor men from Fox News! No wonder everyone who takes these classes are voting democrat this time!

5. History - These lessons weren't bad (save for the propaganda), except that it was all limited to American history. After so many classes of American history a person becomes very disinterested. I enjoy world history, but that wasn't an option in our school.

I won't go into any other classes because they weren't required (except for P.E, but no one cares about excercise anymore).;)

strapko
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Rofl! Except for the fact that the fed was opened 1913 and the great depression happened 1930's.

thehighwaymanq
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, American educuation sucks!

I'm a sopohomore and its horrific:

Geometery- my teacher doesn't know shit, and doesn't help us at all. Doesn't care whether we fail or get anything, just wants her fucking paycheck.

Chemistry- My teacher is a complete asshole- a high percentage fail each year and nearly no students recieve A's. He doesn't help you if you don't understand things- just teaches and continues.

U.S. History- My teacher doesn't know whats going on at all. It's a joke, honestly. It's to the point where he doesn't even let me talk about what I want to talk about because I take the class off topic.

In my school, in North New Jersey, you have your teachers who really are educuated and know what there talking about and teach to convey intelligence, and you have those who just want their paycheck.

It's absurdly easy to deciepher between teachers, my school is horrid.

Mark
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm rather well adapted to being poor and surviving on next to nothing.

Same here, being non-materialistic and frugal really aids in taking financial collapse in stride.
There are going to be a LOT of freaked out people when their soft life is interrupted.

Look over there! Obama says Wall St. is responsible even though he worked for ACORN which was one of the groups pressuring banks into giving out loans to people who couldn't afford them!

Look over here! McCain says we need more regulations and that it's all the fault of Wall St. and those greedy capitalists! Forget that he's been in Congress....FOREVER...and didn't do anything about it.

And Obama VP to be Biden helped Credit Card Companies change bankruptcy laws to screw the little people.