PDA

View Full Version : Has Ron Paul sparked your political interest?

scubasteve01
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Just wondering how many of you were political junkies before Ron Paul came into the picture, and how many of you he has converted.

As for myself, I have never been much interested in politics. Mainly because.... and god help me I'm going to make a south park reference.... it's always been between a turd sandwich and a giant douche. There has never, in my opinion, been someone like Ron Paul in the race. For once an honorable and respectable man that I feel I can truly trust.

billm317
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I HATED politics before Ron Paul. Actually, GWB is what ultimately got me into politics because how horrible I felt his administration was. The more I read about it, the worse I felt about our current president.

I now have a political sticker on my car, tell lots of people about my candidate, actively donate to the campaign, actively meet with others who support the same candidate.... these are all firsts for me.

FSP-Rebel
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I've been waiting years for Ron Paul to run for Pres again. Other than that, the LP has been my interest.

belian78
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I HATED politics before Ron Paul. Actually, GWB is what ultimately got me into politics because how horrible I felt his administration was. The more I read about it, the worse I felt about our current president.

I now have a political sticker on my car, tell lots of people about my candidate, actively donate to the campaign, actively meet with others who support the same candidate.... these are all firsts for me.

same here.

paulitics
09-04-2007, 01:48 PM
GWB and John Kerry got me mentally into politics (blowback, lol). Those two blood sucking creatures made me question everything that is going on in this country, 911,the pre emptive wars, attacks on our civil liberties. Ron Paul is the voice of reason that communicates what I have felt for a long time.,and is the reason I am NOW active. I have probably been a libertarian (dormant) all of my life. I feel better that some sanity still exists in our withering Republic. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a new awakening.

risiusj
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
GWB and John Kerry got me mentally into politics (blowback, lol). Those two blood sucking creatures made me question everything that is going on in this country, 911,the pre emptive wars, attacks on our civil liberties. Ron Paul is the voice of reason that communicates what I have felt for a long time.,and is the reason I am NOW active. I have probably been a libertarian (dormant) all of my life. I feel better that some sanity still exists in our withering Republic. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a new awakening.

Very close to my situation. Except I was never Libertarian, or any other party affiliation for that matter, to this point.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Never interested in politics, never interested in voting either. When you have elections with Kerry and Bush as your only 2 choices, its clear that your a loser either way. With Ron Paul in the fray, that's totally different.

Even more so interested with spreading the word, because if he doesn't win, I definitely have to move to another country....

dseisner
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
You couldn't TALK to me about politics until Ron Paul came around...now it's all I can talk about.

paulitics
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Never interested in politics, never interested in voting either. When you have elections with Kerry and Bush as your only 2 choices, its clear that your a loser either way. With Ron Paul in the fray, that's totally different.

Even more so interested with spreading the word, because if he doesn't win, I definitely have to move to another country....

I thought about that for about 10 minutes. Where can you go? EU? They're defeated already, checkmate. Great Britain?...further on the road to tyrrany than us, outlawed guns, and police state in London.

Australia...no guns, pretty ladies, lots of beer and wildlife (maybe). Canada?, NAU, no guns, socialized health care.

Africa: 3rd world ecnomy, violence, tyrrany. South America? Similar.

Remote Island? celebrities, billionaires and traitors of this country have that figured out already. Too late.

I think we need to fight here for freedom to exist anywhere else.

nayjevin
09-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Followed politics intensely for a few years after i developed reason...

got to the bottom of a few issues, and when I found the truth, it made me sick

so i quit entirely -- no news, no research -- calm stomach, less stress

'I try to leave.... but Ron Paul SUCKS ME BACK IN!'

catwoman
09-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I've followed it on a low level for years. However, after hearing Dr. Paul in the first debate I was hooked and just knew I had to do something to spread the word. This is my first experience with actually participating at this level. I LOVE IT!!:) :) :)

fj45lvr
09-04-2007, 02:52 PM
He has definetly sparked my interest in going back and looking at our American History.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I thought about that for about 10 minutes. Where can you go?

With National ID already coming, with the Patriot Act in place, and with Habeus Corpus destroyed, and with the Billions/Trillions we are spending each year, Health Care no one can afford, and with the violations of pretty much all of the original amendments, and another attack on Iran, and chances of a draft reinstating, and a good chance of recession because of the lack of worth of the American dollar, if you get a president like Giuliani, it's not good, which is why I'm trying to do everything I can to get Ron Paul to presidency.

Where would I move? London is on the fast track to a police state, not so much the rest of Europe. Also you have France, probably one of the best places is New Zealand. Also you have Canada, and even though they do have socialized health care, it still is a much better system than the US, if you have ever watched SiCKO.

Some other countries, regardless of what you hear via MSM, are actually doing a lot better than us, especially in some of the parts. Just watch the movie SiCKO.

BenIsForRon
09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
In the event of a Hillary vs Guliani election, I would have to seriously weigh the options of leaving or staying. I could go to a country like Brazil or Argentina and become an English teacher, or I would stay in the U.S. and wait things out. In the event of martial law, I would probably try and find a community of a thousand or so well armed citizens and join up with them. Then it would just be a matter of time to wait for the police state to run out of money and resources. The future is incredibly unpredictable at this point, so I'm going stick with the get Ron Paul elected plan right now.

njandrewg
09-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I didn't even know there was such thing as primaries. So yeah Ron Paul definetly sparked it

sickmint79
09-04-2007, 04:17 PM
i never cared about politics until a few months ago.

http://www.timeofdeceit.com/?p=9

Matt_R
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I never cared about politics before my friend told me about Ron Paul. Although my recent interest may also be because this will be the first presidential election I am eligible to vote in.