PDA

View Full Version : Barr on ballots, Baldwin not as many

robertwerden
09-15-2008, 03:45 PM
The media decides the election: FACT

If Baldwin is on less ballots then we have to go with Barr.

Baldwin is a write in on many ballots, and write ins wont be counted.

Rangeley
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
"We" arent going to agree on a single candidate, and don't need to. A vote for any of the main 4 third parties is a better vote then one for McCain or Obama. We already voted once altogether - it didn't work that time, nor would it this time. The focus needs to be on getting involved and staying involved in the process so we can do better next time and the time after that.

nelsonwinters
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM

In Georgia, Baldwin is a write-in but will be counted.

The_Orlonater
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
The OP has a good, idea. Why split all of our votes between 4 people? Just because it's better? I don't want an Obama presidency.

Dorfsmith
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM
In Georgia, Baldwin is a write-in but will be counted.

Same in AZ.

Fyretrohl
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
The OP has a good, idea. Why split all of our votes between 4 people? Just because it's better? I don't want an Obama presidency.

For the same reason we shouldn't all vote for McCain or Obama. We all agreed Dr Paul was good enough to vote for. Not so much for the rest. Telling us to vote for one 3rd party candidate over another is no different than saying to vote for R or D.

heavenlyboy34
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
"we" arent going to agree on a single candidate, and don't need to. A vote for any of the main 4 third parties is a better vote then one for mccain or obama. We already voted once altogether - it didn't work that time, nor would it this time. The focus needs to be on getting involved and staying involved in the process so we can do better next time and the time after that.

+99999999 :d

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Is it really that important that we make sure Bob Barr gets 2% of the vote instead of Barr getting 1% and Baldwin getting 1%?

The United States Presidency is not within our grasp this time around. We need to face that and just let people vote their conscience.

abc123
09-15-2008, 05:34 PM
The media decides the election: FACT

If Baldwin is on less ballots then we have to go with Barr.

YES!!!!

Plus Bob is a CREDIBLE candidate!!!!

georgiaboy
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Are you crazy?!? Bob Barr is a NEOCON MONSTER!!

Oh, oops, sorry, I've had my menthol patch on for too long.

Anyway, at this point, I don't know how much it matters who as long as there's a big number of countable third party votes to get attention, which I think is Ron Paul's point.

I'll be voting Barr.

Micah Dardar
09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Most states don't have the perfect candidate that brought us all together on the ballot. There is no "one size fits all" candidate left to vote on. Maybe it's time to be the free thinkers that Ron Paul intends for us to be.

Vote 3rd party!