PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on MSNBC talking about Ike

BenIsForRon
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Around 2:10 he got interviewed by MSNBC's weatherman about the federal response to the hurricane. I recorded it on my DVR but I don't have a way to get it on a computer.

Bruno
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Around 2:10 he got interviewed by MSNBC's weatherman about the federal response to the hurricane. I recorded it on my DVR but I don't have a way to get it on a computer.

can you summarize his statements?

CasualApathy
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
You can make a transcript for liberty ;)

Rhys
09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
You can make a transcript for liberty ;)

I second this motion for liberty

Highland
09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
please??? pretty please...

maqsur
09-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Youtube now up, found it via Google video search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxM737lRG0

Ron doesn't get political at all in this interview, and mentions that there is FEMA assistance, etc. Asked what will happen if another storm like Ike happens in the next few weeks, he says the last time there was a storm like this was 40 years ago, so he wasn't worried about it happening so soon again.

Kotin
09-15-2008, 01:01 PM

thank you :D

Highland
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
thanks...

Bruno
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM

Ron doesn't get political at all in this interview, and mentions that there is FEMA assistance, etc. Asked what will happen if another storm like Ike happens in the next few weeks, he says the last time there was a storm like this was 40 years ago, so he wasn't worried about it happening so soon again.

Thanks! Great to see him in a golf shirt. I bet he is happy he sold his property on the coast.
The announcer said, "Thank you, Mayor, and thank you Ron Paul" (er..shouldn't that be Congressman Paul?) :rolleyes:
Or maybe he was a supporter and feels comfortable calling him that.

DRV45N05
09-15-2008, 01:41 PM
While everyone knows that he's against federal insurance for disasters in principle, it is downright honorable of him to make sure that if the federal government is going to provide it, then the people of his district get it.

Not only is he a champion of liberty, he is also a good representative.

acptulsa
09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Just because he's against compulsary insurance doesn't mean he thinks the insurer you're compelled to pay should refuse to pay you back because you were not happy about buying it.

DRV45N05
09-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Just because he's against compulsary insurance doesn't mean he thinks the insurer you're compelled to pay should refuse to pay you back because you were not happy about buying it.

Exactly.

Knightskye
09-15-2008, 02:49 PM

He sounded like a regular congressman. "They can call my office... We'll be there to help them."

Magsec
09-15-2008, 04:41 PM
It's so funny how Ron Paul enters without any warning. Like if you turned on your TV and he came up as you were sipping a drink, you'd spit all over the screen.

LibertyCzar
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
While everyone knows that he's against federal insurance for disasters in principle, it is downright honorable of him to make sure that if the federal government is going to provide it, then the people of his district get it.

Not only is he a champion of liberty, he is also a good representative.

He knows the money is going to be used anyway. He would rather not have a bunch of Feds with taxpayer money and red tape, but since they have it, his constituency should have access to it.

kathy88
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Everyone is agreement on his shirt, it seems. :)

pi4BNAX
09-15-2008, 11:48 PM
In several disasters that have befallen my Gulf Coast district, my constituents have told me many times that they prefer to rebuild and recover without the help of federal agencies like FEMA, which so often impose their own bureaucratic solutions on the owners of private property.

We should consider more constructive ways to help New Orleans and the other affected areas recover from this tragedy. There are numerous approaches, such as the creation of tax-free enterprise zones, which would attract private capital to the area and result in a much quicker and more responsive recovery.

"Is bailing out people that chose to live on the coastline a proper function of the federal government?" he asks. "Why do people in Arizona have to be robbed in order to support the people on the coast?"

I don't know why he isn't saying this now.