PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Thomas E. Woods "Baldwin is the best guy left."

Hamer
09-15-2008, 10:00 AM
From Tom Woods's Facebook profile

When asked where his vote is going:

"I'd say Baldwin is the best guy left, not that I agree with him on everything. Murray Rothbard didn't agree on all the issues with the politicians he supported. But even though Nader and even McKinney are very good on some things, they're so bad on the issues they're bad on that they far outweigh any problems Baldwin might have. Believe it or not, I once considered voting for Barr, just because I thought he'd do the best among the third parties, and be most likely to tick off McCain."

Later, Tom posts a link to Mike Ferguson's Ron Paul smear blog that he posted earlier today in defense of Bob Barr and says this:

"If the Barr people don't fire this guy by the end of the day, are we not free to draw certain conclusions about the nominee himself?"

Finally, on LewRockwell.com:

"Here's the Barr campaign's national field director, determined to take a disastrously stupid political move and make its impact ten times worse. Whose votes are they winning by doing this? What could possibly be going through their minds, other than how to alienate whatever supporters they currently have?"

www.buckforchuck.com

Original_Intent
09-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Barr could not have done more harm to the LP if he was a mole with the primary goal of destroying the LP.

Set them up and knock them down.

Kacela
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Barr could not have done more harm to the LP if he was a mole with the primary goal of destroying the LP.

That's precisely what I posted on the Bob Barr comments section of the campaign blog - but of course, with the history of the Barr camp self-censorship, it was deleted along with many other posts expressing concern over their poor decisions. Make any reference to Barr's tenure at the CIA, and it will be deleted within minutes.

Baldwin is the best one left.

Conza88
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Facebook... lol.

I've had a few correspondences with Walter Block... man, the internet - amazes me still when I sit down and think about it.

Having a convo with some of the greatest minds out there. :) Imagine emailing Rothbard or Mises... :eek:

Does anyone know Ron Paul's personal email? :cool: Ohhhh what about Obama and McCains? I want to sign them up to some websites ;)

Hamer
09-15-2008, 11:08 AM

I agree. I also believe Tom Woods is a true patriot and a great mind that works towards exposing the Government of what it really is.

Hamer
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Facebook... lol.

I've had a few correspondences with Walter Block... man, the internet - amazes me still when I sit down and think about it.

Having a convo with some of the greatest minds out there. :) Imagine emailing Rothbard or Mises... :eek:

Does anyone know Ron Paul's personal email? :cool: Ohhhh what about Obama and McCains? I want to sign them up to some websites ;)

The internet is great isn't it? I agree with your comments and I don't have any of those emails you asked about but I do have Tom Woods email :)

Theocrat
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
It's great news that Dr. Thomas E. Woods has endorsed Dr. Chuck Baldwin. He's not the only one who believes Dr. Baldwin is the best guy left in this race. Dr. Jerome Corsi, author of The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality (http://www.amazon.com/Obama-Nation-Leftist-Politics-Personality/dp/1416598065/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221505647&sr=1-1) and long-time critic of globalism and the North American Union, has also endorsed Dr. Baldwin for President (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAA_ffk9pYA).

libertarian4321
09-15-2008, 02:32 PM
It's great news that Dr. Thomas E. Woods has endorsed Dr. Chuck Baldwin. He's not the only one who believes Dr. Baldwin is the best guy left in this race. Dr. Jerome Corsi, author of The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality (http://www.amazon.com/Obama-Nation-Leftist-Politics-Personality/dp/1416598065/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221505647&sr=1-1) and long-time critic of globalism and the North American Union, has also endorsed Dr. Baldwin for President (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAA_ffk9pYA).

Jerome Corsi is an utter neocon douchebag. If he endorses Baldwin, its NOT helpful to Baldwin...

Theocrat
09-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Jerome Corsi is an utter neocon douchebag. If he endorses Baldwin, its NOT helpful to Baldwin...

On what grounds do you accuse Dr. Corsi of being a "neocon?" Please provide citation(s) for your source(s). Thanks.

acptulsa
09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
It does raise an interesting question, doesn't it? In Baldwin, we have someone who has yet to prove himself untrustworthy or lacking in judgement, but is running for a party with a questionable platform. In Barr, we have a candidate and party with opposite roles. So, do we support the candidate or the party?

If either had a chance of winning, it would be an easy choice. Since the main victory likely to be claimed in the end is better name recognition and ballot access for the future, suddenly a strategic vote seems desirable.

The variables sure do run thick. I expect our safest bet is to vote our consciences. That said, the big picture is certainly worth considering.

Well, if the economy goes where it looks like it's going, the next round we can probably give both of the major parties back to the people. Four years of economic hell, overeager powers that be and a lot of work to do re-infiltrating our own government "of the people and by the people." Roll your sleeves up, people.

richiep
09-15-2008, 04:02 PM
That's precisely what I posted on the Bob Barr comments section of the campaign blog - but of course, with the history of the Barr camp self-censorship, it was deleted along with many other posts expressing concern over their poor decisions. Make any reference to Barr's tenure at the CIA, and it will be deleted within minutes.

Baldwin is the best one left.

You see I just don't get that. I would never think to go to Baldwin site to post something bashing him. Why would I? I know enough about the guy to know I don't agree with him, but he is not the enemy, McSame and Obomba is. Why not spend your time going after them?

Maybe you can help me understand as this kind of behavior just makes no sense.