PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's district gets their own ice... no FEMA needed

Rhys
09-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Private people have been bringing in ice and water, and beat FEMA by a full day.

liberteebell
09-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Private people have been bringing in ice and water, and beat FEMA by a full day.

I'm shocked! :eek:

When are people ever gonna learn that anything the fed.gov does is a clusterf***???

acptulsa
09-15-2008, 06:52 AM
God do I love our freedom loving brothers and sisters from Texas and Louisiana! You may not be getting the coverage you deserve, but getting our movement publicity isn't the only reason to do the right thing by your neighbors.

We need to publicize this twice as hard for the MSM's neglect. Community spirit is far, far superior to government nannying--spread the word!

Bossobass
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
A life-long friend who is recently retired as a pilot in the Air National Guard for many years just related this tidbit to me that I thought some may be interested to know:

When FEMA provides ice, it has an expiration date on it.

Once the expiration date is reached, the ice becomes 'Haz-Mat'.

There is a removal procedure for the Ice/Haz-Mat that would boggle the mind of any logical thinking human being.

Bosso

Zolah
09-15-2008, 10:20 AM
A life-long friend who is recently retired as a pilot in the Air National Guard for many years just related this tidbit to me that I thought some may be interested to know:

When FEMA provides ice, it has an expiration date on it.

Once the expiration date is reached, the ice becomes 'Haz-Mat'.

There is a removal procedure for the Ice/Haz-Mat that would boggle the mind of any logical thinking human being.

Bosso

This has really confused me, their ice becomes hazardous after a certain amount of days? Maybe it's just me but that seems really confusing :confused:

acptulsa
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
This has really confused me, their ice becomes hazardous after a certain amount of days? Maybe it's just me but that seems really confusing :confused:

The paranoid will tell you that this is because they put something--extra fluoride, perhaps?--in it.

The rest of us will just roll our eyes and tell you that the federal government has lost its collective mind, and long ago.

literatim
09-15-2008, 10:45 AM
It'd be easy to tell if they put something in it. Get a piece and have it tested.

Conza88
09-15-2008, 10:47 AM
The paranoid will tell you that this is because they put something--extra fluoride, perhaps?--in it.

The rest of us will just roll our eyes and tell you that the federal government has lost its collective mind, and long ago.

The enlightened will tell you, if they put something in it - why would they be taking it away?

;)

constituent
09-15-2008, 10:50 AM
It'd be easy to tell if they put something in it. Get a piece and have it tested.

the enlightened will tell you to test it yourself

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Light_dispersion_conceptual.gif/300px-Light_dispersion_conceptual.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/High_Resolution_Solar_Spectrum.jpg/300px-High_Resolution_Solar_Spectrum.jpg

Rhys
09-15-2008, 10:57 AM
the enlightened will tell you to test it yourself

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Light_dispersion_conceptual.gif/300px-Light_dispersion_conceptual.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/High_Resolution_Solar_Spectrum.jpg/300px-High_Resolution_Solar_Spectrum.jpg

lol do you have access to a mass spectrometer? I actually might! I live near UofM and I've been to theirs. They may let a grad student do it for fun.

constituent
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
lol do you have access to a mass spectrometer? I actually might! I live near UofM and I've been to theirs. They may let a grad student do it for fun.

mass spectrometers are actually quite ubiquitous. hidden in plain sight one might say.

amy31416
09-15-2008, 11:15 AM
mass spectrometers are actually quite ubiquitous. hidden in plain sight one might say.

Graphite AA and/or ICP would also be useful if anyone has access to one. I used to test water for heavy metals all the time using a graphite AA, with a bad-ass Ziemann Integrator, just for the hell of it while I was doing time in college.

HOLLYWOOD
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Yes, The Ice is rated hazardous after a certain amount of time, because they stored the ICE in FEMA trailers.

Formaldehyde leeches:rolleyes:

What was it, like $200 MILLION in LOST Katrina ICE?

How the hell do you accumulate that much ICE?

acptulsa
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Do you suppose that they merely declared melted ice to be a hazardous material because they wanted an excuse for keeping tons of it frozen for four years after they failed to deliver it to Katrina victims?

The only other explanation I can think of is that they once let ice melt and it drowned one of their moronic directors...

constituent
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes, The Ice is rated hazardous after a certain amount of time, because they stored the ICE in FEMA trailers.

Formaldehyde leeches:rolleyes:

What was it, like $200 MILLION in LOST Katrina ICE?

How the hell do you accumulate that much ICE?

w/ a big-ass freezer?

ba-dah-dah-ching.

thankyaverymush

don't forget to tip your waitress.