PDA

View Full Version : Glen Bradley for NC 2nd District Chair, 2009

GunnyFreedom
09-15-2008, 05:46 AM
I am hereby making known that I intend to run for NC's second District GOP Chair in 2009; and to POSSIBLY run for NC State Assembly in the 49th District.

The following details my current working platform (subject to modification and addendum as I resolve my positions):

Second District GOP Chair, 2009 (Platform)

I, Glen Bradley, pledge:

To promote candidates within my district who honor, and hold a strict construction of the NC and US Constitutions.

To open up the lines of communication between Grassroots Republicans and their elected Representatives.

To stimulate GOP Membership and activities within the 2nd NC Congressional District.

To ensure that grassroots Republicans in NC's Second District have more of a voice in how the business of Government is run.

To revive the Republican Tradition of community outreach.

To encourage and promote Convention attendance throughout the District.

To hold an open and fair District Convention such that grassroots Republicans are encouraged to make their voices heard.

To broadly publish District Executive Committee meetings, and encourage attendance.

To faithfully carry out all Party duties, and maintain open and regular communication with the county and state GOP organizations.

To diligently and faithfully oversee, and publish generally the actions of the District Finance Committee.

49th District NC House State Assembly, 2010 (Platform)

To stand up for the NC and US Constitutions and to encourage a strict construction of both Constitutions from within the NC State Assembly.

To introduce and promote bills in the General Assembly calling for State statutory rejection of unconstitutional Federal bills such as The USA PATRIOT Act, The RealID Act, The FISA Amendment, and The Domestic Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act.

To reject any and all tax increases, and to bring Governmental spending under control.

To push for tax reform that will return the growth of the North Carolina Middle Class.

To push for welfare reform which will enable NC's most vulnerable citizens to break free of the cycle of poverty and welfare.

To push for a bill resolving that gasoline taxes will go ONLY to pay for road construction and repair.

To push for choice and competition in education by ending the cap on charter schools, and enabling a voucher program for private schools, and developing an assistance program for homeschooling materials.

To stand up as your representative in the NC General Assembly and be your voice in rejecting the current system of special interests, lobbyism, cronyism, waste, and fraud which currently characterizes much of our current government.

To push for comprehensive reform of immigration policies in order to end the incentives for illegal immigration.

GunnyFreedom
09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
- ?

slacker921
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Good on you.. you did well at the state convention, so I have confidence you'll represent us well with this too.

"To push for a bill resolving that gasoline taxes will go ONLY to pay for road construction and repair." ... an issue I have is with the taxes collected for "off highway vehicles". Gas purchased for use in dirt bikes, four wheelers, etc is by law supposed to go towards building and maintaining OHV recreation areas. It doesn't. They raid that fund every year. Instead of having a trail system like other states have that attracts people (who spend money) we're forcing people in NC to go spend their money elsewhere.

rancher89
09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I wish I could vote for you dude--WOOT for Glenn!!!

BTW I'm trying to talk Thomas to run for 12th District Chair and our buddy Jim Taylor is going to run for house next time (Pinehurst.)

torchbearer
09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Good Luck Glen!

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Good on you.. you did well at the state convention, so I have confidence you'll represent us well with this too.

I really appreciate the vote of confidence!

While I'm not so sure myself about how my 'run' for National Committeeman went (it was more of a test-the-water thing than a real run) I do take solice in the fact that it was my FIRST EVER such thing (I didn't even run for anything in High School!) and here was quite a bit of applause, and we carried double our voting block.

What I'm looking for right now in the way of help, is a web designer.

I'm going to publish this to Grassroots Central, but I will need to make a website sooner than later in order to list my run for District Chair (including a blog and a discussion forum) which can then be easily transitioned into my run for State Assembly in July 2009.

I will be deciding if the NC State Assembly is what I am looking at around 15 November 2008 (when I see who gets elected in November) and I might even change that to a run for State Senate for 2010.

In either case, I will be able to serve the full 2 year term as District Chair, as the District Chair term would end in April 2011; and I wouldn't start my term in NC House or NC Senate until January 2011. The 3 and a half month overlap, I don't think, would be a big deal at all...AND if I can get another C4L'er to run for assistant chair; then they can take over as encumbent in 2011.

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2008, 01:01 AM
"To push for a bill resolving that gasoline taxes will go ONLY to pay for road construction and repair." ... an issue I have is with the taxes collected for "off highway vehicles". Gas purchased for use in dirt bikes, four wheelers, etc is by law supposed to go towards building and maintaining OHV recreation areas. It doesn't. They raid that fund every year. Instead of having a trail system like other states have that attracts people (who spend money) we're forcing people in NC to go spend their money elsewhere.

I wasn't aware of this, but it makes sense.

How do you determine whether gas is purchased for on-road or off-road vehicles?

Would you have specific fueling depot's to serve off-road and others to serve on-road?

I like it, but I'll need to know the logistics of it. It seems to me that it could be an administrative nightmare if there was not a solid system in place to distinguish between the two uses of fuel.

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2008, 01:08 AM
I wish I could vote for you dude--WOOT for Glenn!!!

BTW I'm trying to talk Thomas to run for 12th District Chair and our buddy Jim Taylor is going to run for house next time (Pinehurst.)

Well, I'm probably going to set up a chip-in in the next 30 days for the District Chair thing. It wouldn't take much -- I'm thinking 15 signs, probably 1000 each of 5 different slim-jims, and about 1000 'slicks' all together. (plus, of curse, the website and domain) I'm not going to ask a whole heckuvalot of people for help on that one due to the lack of FEC requirements for such a post.

But the NC Assy run will be FEC regulated, and I will feel a lot better about asking for a broader base of support.

What we CAN do to help each other out is to 'share notes' as it were. If we can fill the NC State Assy with C4L'ers in 2010; then we can actually pass resolutions against RealID Compliance, Patriot Act compliance etc just like Montana and Wyoming!!

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Good Luck Glen!

Hey thanks! Maybe we'll run into each other in the US Congress in 2016! ;)

smarty927
09-16-2008, 07:27 AM
So glad to hear that. I hate the guy that's in charge now. ;-)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks for stepping up. It's a big deal.

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2008, 03:57 AM
So glad to hear that. I hate the guy that's in charge now. ;-)

Yeah, that Avery guy is all talk. We really need to get an action guy in 2nd District.

Anybody thinking of running for 3rd or 4th District GOP Chair?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Waiting for Sue Myrick to retire so I can run for Congress in NC - 9.

Although, I am considering a run at Mecklenburg County school board next year, and I may have some GOP backing for that.

tribute_13
12-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Represent my district well Glenn. Work hard and do us some proud.

GunnyFreedom
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I believe that the best function of a political party, is in the publishing of a people's principles into office. Are we really served by a GOP that can maybe nominate winners, but time and again nominates Republicans who fail to represent conservative principles and honor for the Constitution?

I think not!

The entire reason that we come together as a party, is to say that we want less government, lower taxes, no Big Brother, free markets - no economic fascism, and a government that actually respects the Principles codified in the Declaration and the Constitution that made America great in the first place.

We must come together as a party to demand that our federal and state governments obey the rule of law!

Additionally, I believe that the Republican Party must become the "Grassroots's Agent" on behalf of political access and power, and that this political power must be held accountable to the people who make up the entire Republican Party, and not merely to the interests of just a few.

Towards that end, I will focus extensively on using the Internet and new media to connect every single grassroots Republican in the District to our Republican Party, Party Officers, candidates for party and public office, and currently seated public office holders throughout our district.

I am asking you to vote for me, Glen Bradley for North Carolina Republican Party Second District Chair, I will work to usher in an unprecedented new era of communications and transparency between the grassroots and the Republican power base. I will appoint finance and audit chairmen who will maintain a live balance sheet, online and available to all party members.

I will bring my Marine Corps and my Entrepreneurial efficiencies to bear in overseeing the daily and long term operations of the District GOP, and I will be resource-ready to assist the North Carolina State Party Chair in carrying out statewide programs.

I will maintain regular contact with the precinct, county, and state chairs and committees, and I will hold myself accountable for the proper function of all the counties in my district. I will work from the precinct up to recruit principled Conservatives who will honor the Constitution, and encourage them to run for public offices throughout the Second District.

slacker921
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
It's good to see you back on here Gunny, and your refunding all the money donated to your chipin (for lit protesting the TARP) shows your a man of integrity.

You did a great job at the NC GOP convention and you'll do well for the 2nd district.