PDA

View Full Version : Remebering November 5th for Ron Paul 2007

Jamsie 567
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Damn all the memories are coming back... I am reading of the new concept this year for November 5th and people talking about the movie.

A little history about the first mass donation for the new folks in our movment. I don't call it a money bomb because I know the guy who created that slogan or at least made it popular again. His name is Jesse Elder and a guy named Eric Nordstrom was his website point person. Both our ideas orginated around the same time I believe we both had original ideas.

The exact day the idea was concieved was Oct 11th. The original comment can be seen on Aravoths comment log on his U Tube channel. I got so excited about it I was spamming the idea every where. It was actually the first video to ever propose a mass donation for Ron Paul. Contrary to belief the first person I contacted to show case the idea was Jesse Elder on Oct 14th the money bomb guy. He was so focused on his own project the Money Bomb, he didn't take my idea to serious and show case the idea.

The origin of the idea was a U tube video of a guy dressed in a V costume. He said if you could be known for somthing on November 5th what would it be? The idea clicked a month later on Oct 11th. I went to all the different Ron Paul locations and figured out the the best number to shoot for which was 100,000 people at 100 dollars. It was a long shot his myspace account only had around 75,000 people at the time. "Dream big you might get half way".

The Ron Paul forums became a huge part of the idea. My video was brought to these forums and they plotted a site and numerous other projects. I knew the idea needed something more because people were commenting on the video kept saying I am down but who else is in? Trevor Lyman contacted me through YouTube and let me know he built a website for the idea on October 16th.

Trevor Lyman and I ended up working on numerous projects together. My YouTube channel has a lot of the featured Money Bomb videos from MLK to 51st wedding. I never cared for the fame of being the creator of the November 5th RP movment. I always thought it was best to leave it about Ron Paul. Especially when you have 38,000 people donating and even more people spreading the viral message.

At the peak of it's success my video November 5th for Ron Paul hit 9,000 views in one day. It still holds the record out of all my videos.

Here is the first video I made that had spelling errors in it. The ending is hilarious I typed in at the end be apart of it people flipped out. Check out some of the first few comments on this video their awesome to read. You can feel the excitment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg7MZSO0hvE (Oct 14th)

The second version with the correction that Trevor Lyman featured. This video was all over the news CNN, CBS it was incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_9fip694A (Oct 17th)

On November 10th I was credited by the New York Times as the creator of the November 5th for the Ron Paul movment.

Ron Paul signed that news paper article a few months later. We met for the first time at the Simi Valley debate. It was a dream come true to come face to face with one of my heros. There was one other hero on November 5th that people never knew about...

His name was Luis A. *****, my father who passed away 10 years ago. One week until Novmeber 5th I was informed by my mom that November 5th was my fathers birthday." I totally forgot". I never met a man who cared so much about freedom and I often wonder if he empowered me. The energy I felt on October 11th is still beyond my comprehension.

If you ever meet the creator of November 5th he will tell you; that the idea found him. I am just another son of the Revolution. I have a lot of admiration for Trevor even though the guy takes some serious slack. He made the most of his success with taking the idea and that is something I respect. This is the story behind the November 5th movment for Ron Paul. "The only way I know how to tell it". The day we shattered the one day fundraising record for Republicans and most online donations in US history. Thank you to everyone who believed you are NOVEMBER 5th for RON PAUL.

As my good friend Karl Suazo said; This idea proved that Ron Paul is backed by living breathing people not just soul less corporations. Karl was the first person I contacted for the video for promoting it. He featured it on his website http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com

To this day I feel as if November 5th saved our movment from being removed from the debates. At the time the media claimed we were just a few people on the internet.

I would love to know who more of you guys are and what you contributed to this day? I always wondered who made the famous countdown widget and the graphic for November 5th. All my praise go to Ron Paul the father of the REVOLUTION.

God bless you all,

If you know who I am; good for you not many people do :)

The creator of November 5th and Ron Paul meet for the first time.

http://a266.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/18/l_9bde4375b878855e073e068b1971ed51.jpg