PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin is exact opposite of Ron Paul on the most important issues facing America

Liberty Star
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
This uninformed holy warrior fundie is poles apart from Ron Paul when it comes to having informed and insightful convictions:

Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'

By GENE JOHNSON – 5 hours ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Sarah Palin: War in Iraq is "God's Plan"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

quote:

THE MCLAUGHLIN GROUP HOST: JOHN MCLAUGHLIN PANEL: PATRICK BUCHANAN, MSNBC; ELEANOR CLIFT, NEWSWEEK; TONY BLANKLEY, THE WASHINGTON TIMES; JAMES WARREN, THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE TAPED: FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2007 BROADCAST: WEEKEND OF MARCH 31-APRIL 1, 2007

The human toll:

U.S. military dead in Iraq, 3,244;
U.S. military amputeed, wounded, injured, severely injured, mentally ill, all now out of Iraq, 73,570;
Iraq civilians dead, 139,500.

http://www.mclaughlin.com/library/transcript.asp?id=589

Quote:

Iraq War May Have Increased Energy Costs Worldwide by a Staggering $6 Trillion

By Geoffrey Lean, The Independent.
May 27, 2008.

The invasion of Iraq by Britain and the US has trebled the price of oil, according to a leading expert, costing the world a staggering $6 trillion in higher energy prices alone.

The oil economist Dr Mamdouh Salameh, who advises both the World Bank and the UN Industrial Development Organisation (Unido), told The Independent on Sunday that the price of oil would now be no more than $40 a barrel, less than a third of the record $135 a barrel reached last week, if it had not been for the Iraq war.

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/86515/

Oil price increases since 2003

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg/300px-Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_price_increases_of_2004_and_2005

Oil price chronology

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Oil_price_chronology.gif

Dorfsmith
09-14-2008, 09:27 PM
The war in Iraq is one of my biggest issues so she automatically loses my vote :D

Liberty Star
09-15-2008, 06:53 PM
And won't be the only one I'm afraid thinking this way. As her ignorance is known better, she'll lose much of of the recent bump.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
nt

dannno
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
The war in Iraq is one of my biggest issues so she automatically loses my vote :D

What a coincidence, foreign policy is Ron Paul's #1 priority *cough*cough*

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Palin is a mentally ill idiot who doesn't seem to know Russia has thousands of nuclear weapons.

Scotso
09-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Sarah Palin once won a competitive eating contest by devouring three live caribou.

heavenlyboy34
09-15-2008, 07:17 PM
OP-Your figures are probably right, and quite shocking. However, the fact that some of your information is taken from wikipedia takes away some credibility from your claims. I suggest you stick to the other, more reliable sources you used, such as AP. (despite the fact that I sometimes question AP's integrity-especially in their photography-they are considered 'reliable' in academic circles)

Keep up the good work, revolutionary! :)
~Matvei~

ChickenHawk
09-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Sarah Palin once won a competitive eating contest by devouring three live caribou.

Youtube?

Liberty Star
09-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Palin is a mentally ill idiot who doesn't seem to know Russia has thousands of nuclear weapons.

Damn LOL

OP-Your figures are probably right, and quite shocking. However, the fact that some of your information is taken from wikipedia takes away some credibility from your claims. I suggest you stick to the other, more reliable sources you used, such as AP. (despite the fact that I sometimes question AP's integrity-especially in their photography-they are considered 'reliable' in academic circles)

Keep up the good work, revolutionary! :)
~Matvei~

Wiki is sourced for oil price charts; those are well established facts and I don't think there is any dispute on recent oil price history.

Bman
09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
If people who thought Palin was great, and we all know why anyone would think she is great, would all of a sudden get called home by god ...well... The world would be a better place.

As a matter of fact if I could send a command to make a computer slap someone it would be for saying Palin is good for the liberty movement. What are these people going to say next? Maybe something like "shoving a grenade up your ass is a good way to get rid of constipation".

It's called a voting record people research it. This woman is nothing like Ron Paul.

EndTheFed
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm all for Ron Paul... but he aint in it any more...

It IS time to take the lesser of two evils...

Then spend our time educating people and lookung forward to the next elections..

My main issue IS NOT the war but the much more important issue of liberty and ending the fed.

She DID NOT SAY the war was God's will or plan. She was praying that our leaders would do God's will. Of course from this thread you would think you people have no concept of God.

The liberty movement will DIE if the people in it do not learn to be a little more tolerant and understand that there are issues that we will agree on and issues we won't but the name calling will only alienate and push people away.

Please stick to the facts and drop the emotional name calling.

:)

tonesforjonesbones
09-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Endthe Fed...thank you SO much...a voice of reason. I tried to tell them to STOP believing the media they love to hate. Palin is for:
Limited government
Limited government spending (she chose to remain in her home rather than move into the governers mansion thereby saving the taxpayers 1.9 million dollars)
10th Amendment...or States Rights
Free Markets ..to drill for oil on our turf..
Less taxation

So...she has to parrot McCAin and the neo cons to get her foot in the door. Wow..what a brilliant idea! Tones

Bman
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Endthe Fed...thank you SO much...a voice of reason. I tried to tell them to STOP believing the media they love to hate. Palin is for:
Limited government
Limited government spending (she chose to remain in her home rather than move into the governers mansion thereby saving the taxpayers 1.9 million dollars)
10th Amendment...or States Rights
Free Markets ..to drill for oil on our turf..
Less taxation

So...she has to parrot McCAin and the neo cons to get her foot in the door. Wow..what a brilliant idea! Tones

Help me out a second. Are you one of those people who likes Ventura or does not like Ventura.

Bman
09-17-2008, 12:06 AM
My Sarah Palin Impression

This is the website I used to help me with this post
http://www.issues2000.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

Sarah Palin

on Abortion

She’s pro-life. This is good or bad topic depending on your perspective

On Economy

Well she has reduced spending in Alaska, but she still runs the state that gets and spends the most money per person.

Civil Rights

Well if you are heterosexual she’s not going to be a problem, but if your gay. Don’t expect any relationship you have to be recognized.

On Corporations

She believes that the top ranking official should act like the CEO. (Fascism?)

On Crime

No gambling, Strong support for the Death penalty (jeez what happened to the sanctity of life?)

On Drugs

Opposes legalizing or decrimalizing drugs. You pot smokers will have to wait for another election cycle.

On education

Well, my god where to start. I’ll keep it simple.
New Chapters in the science book. Creationism and Intelligent design. God did it. Yup that’s it. All the Text needed for the chapters.

On Energy and Oil

DRILL DRILL DRILL. Not bad but that’s all she seemingly knows anything about.

On Environment.

Screw the wildlife. Again where is the sanctity of life.

On Family and Children

Well obviously let your children figure that one out the hard way.

On Foreign Policy

She just visited Europe for the first time. Yipes.

On Free Trade

Well not much there but she says to protect the workers of the country first. This would mean tariffs and taxes. Not quite free trade.

On Government Reform

Said no to federal spending on bridge to nowhere, eventually. That does not mean that she doesn’t support the actual building of the bridge. Plus she has openly received and lobbied for earmarks. Anything new and exciting here? Nope.

On Gun Control

Ok she gets an A+ here.

On Health Care

Ok another A+

On Homeland Security.

She agrees with the Bush Doctrine... now wait that can't be right she doesn't even know what the heck that is.... CHARLIE!
Expect more invasion on third world countries
Expect laws developed to keep us secure to stay in favor (patriot act, MCA of 2006).

On Immigration

She does not go after sanctuary cities.

On Social Security

Not much to see here she seems in line I’ll give her an A+

On Taxes

Seems she likes to cut from one place and add from another. Not bad but not good.

On Technology

Not much here. Hey she’s from Alaska. They still use dogs to pull sleighs.

On War and Peace

If Israel attacks we’re right behind them

On Welfare and Poverty

I’ll be nice and finish her off with one last A+

Look she isn’t all bad, but like Ron Paul or even close. It’s the most laughable Idea on this forum.

EndTheFed
09-17-2008, 07:39 AM
As I said...

Its time to take the lesser of two evlls...

She is open to Ron Paul Ideas. (See followin link toward the end at 3:00 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9rW25bT5o&feature=related

As I said. Its time for education. She can be educated hell I was, I have sure changed.

My BIG point is that this movement needs to be more tolerant and STOP bashing people or they will run everyone off who has a different opinion. This is a BIG tent... the biggest I have experienced. I listen to people who's big problem is the war.. I hear them act like theirs is the ONLY issue of importance. My issure is not the war itself but the money issues associated with it and stuff dealing with the fed and how it came about..

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-17-2008, 07:47 AM
As I said. Its time for education. She can be educated hell I was, I have sure changed.

If you think for one second that the PTB are going to let anyone be in the position she's in without knowing for sure that she'll further their agenda you haven't changed enough.

ProBlue33
09-17-2008, 07:58 AM
All the reason NOT to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket

EndTheFed
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Well sorry you want to take away MY liberty.

I feel like I shouldvote for the lesser of two evils... Palin/McCain

EndTheFed
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
If you think for one second that the PTB are going to let anyone be in the position she's in without knowing for sure that she'll further their agenda you haven't changed enough.

No I just want to know facts.. and am not persuaded by lunacy..

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-17-2008, 08:08 AM
The race for POTUS is a complete waste of time on all levels other than using it as an opportunity to educate the masses. The winner has already been picked, and there is nothing any of us can do to change it. What the masses can't be fooled into doing at the ballot box will be taken care of by Deibold. Arguing about who to vote for in the Presidential race is nothing but practice at arguing. It would be more wise to spend the time supporting races where we can actually make a difference like the BJ Lawson campaign.

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-17-2008, 08:12 AM
No I just want to know facts.. and am not persuaded by lunacy..

The facts are, the person who sits on the perceived throne of America is decided by those who own the media. They are never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to give anyone who opposes their agenda an opportunity to be in a position to thwart it. It's pretty simple really.

EndTheFed
09-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Ahhh so now we see what your important issues are..

Diebold and election fraud...
I see you giving lots of negativity but no answers...

Hmmm

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Ahhh so now we see what your important issues are..

Diebold and election fraud...
I see you giving lots of negativity but no answers...

Hmmm

The answer is Congress. Those are the races where we can make a difference, especially in the house. For the same reasons that we espouse local control or states rights over a federal leviathan. More accountability and more control for the average citizen. Ron Paul's district can't be the only Congressional District in America that has a liberty loving majority. Hell, we only need what, 15 or 25 Congressman like Ron Paul to have a huge effect on the direction of this country. If you have a large enough majority then vote fraud is more obvious. Instead we're wasting time arguing about an election in which our votes are irrelevant.

Vote fraud is not one of my biggest issues. Elections are rigged simply through what is shown on TV and printed in newspapers. People like Giuliani, Clinton, McCain, Obama, Edwards, Romney, etc. are regularly shown in news clips for years ahead of an election so that by the time people start throwing their hat in the ring they are household names already and are dubbed the "frontrunners". Since they are the "frontrunners", they are then the only ones who are given significant coverage and "frontrunner" status is maintained and only one of the "frontrunners" will end up being POTUS.

In 2006 John McCain had something like 95,000 mentions in the press, and Ron Paul had around 4,000. Do you think that was because John McCain had better ideas? After all of the hard work the rEVOLution has done and the progress we have made most people in America still have no idea who Ron Paul is, and Sarah Palin is now a household name. Do you really think that is an accident? Do you have any idea why Barack Obama was specifically chosen to speak at the '04 Dem convention?

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happened, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt