PDA

View Full Version : A Heads-up for Ron Paul

David Yuhas
09-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Dear Ron,

The following is a copy of the most recent e-mail on a project I have been working on for about two years now. I enclose it by way of introduction.

The next installment, which I shall be writing today will include an invitation to your good self, which I suspect, you will find most interesting.

Regards, David Yuhas

Inland Empire, Part XXIV...Protocols for Inmate Infantrymen

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32480220566&ref=mf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_locomotive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_rail

To Proposed Personages for TV Series, Inland Empire

Now leaning towards PBS

Round-Table Discussion of State Issues

1. First Week, Colorado

Governor, Bill Ritter
Mayor of Pueblo, Dave Galli
Mayor of Colorado Springs, Lionel Rivera
Mayor of Denver, John Hickenlooper
City Manager of Greeley, Roy H. Otto
City Manager of Ft. Collins, Darin Atteberry

2. Second Week, Idaho

Governor, C.L. Otter
Mayor of Idaho Falls, Jared Fuhriman
Chairman of Ft. Hall/Pocatello, Alonzo A. Coby
Lt. Governor James Risch
Senator Mike Crapo
Congressman Mike Simpson

3. Third Week, Kansas

Governor, Kathleen Sebelius,
Mayor of Wichita, Carl Brewer

4. Fourth Week, Montana

Governor, Brian Schweitzer,
Chairman of Crow Territory, Carl Venne
Mayor of Billings, Ron Tussing
City Manager of Bozeman, Chris Kukulski
Mayor of Butte, Paul Babb
Congressman, Denny Rehberg

5. Fifth Week, Nebraska

Governor, Dave Heineman,
Mayor of Lincoln, Primo Santini
Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway
Senator Ben Nelson
Senator Chuck Hagel

6. Sixth Week, North Dakota

Round Table Discussion of State Issues

Governor, John Hoeven,
Mayor of Fargo, Dennis Walaker
Senator Byron Dorgan
Tom Brokaw

7. Seventh Week, Oklahoma

Governor, Brad Henry,
Mayor of Oklahoma City, Mick Cornett

8. Eighth Week, South Dakota

Governor, Mike Rounds,
Mayor of Sioux Falls, Dave Munson
Senator, Tim Johnson
Craig Ferguson, (Official State Celebrity)

9. Ninth Week, Texas

Governor, Rick Perry,
Mayor of McAllen, Richard F. Cortez
Mayor of Laredo, Raul G. Salinas
Mayor of Del Rio, Efrain V. Valdez
Mayor of Midland, Wes Perry
Mayor of Lubbock, Tom Martin
Mayor of Amarillo, Debra McCartt
David Stall, Corridor Watch
Jim Hightower

10. Tenth Week, Utah

Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Mayor of Logan, Randy Watts
Mayor of Ogden, Matthew R. Godfrey
Mayor of Salt Lake City, Ralph Becker
Mayor of Provo, Lewis K. Billings
Congressman Jim Mattheson
Ross Anderson

11, Eleventh Week, Wyoming

Governor, Dave Freudenthal,
Mayor of Cheyenne, Jack Spiker
Mayor of Laramie, Klaus Hanson
Mayor of Casper, Paul Bertoglio
Mayor of Sheridan, Dave Kinskey
Rulon Gardner

12, Twelfth Week...or "What You Will"

Great Western Railway & Great Plains Express Engineering Desk

Regular Guests at Round Table Discussion

Dwight Beranek, Railroad Designer, Army Corps of Engineers, Discussion Leader

Paul Copeland, Beatty-Balfour Rail Inc.
William M. Stout, Atlas Railroad Construction
Jeffrey M. Levy, Railworks Inc
Lorenzo Simonelli, GE Transportation
Carlisle, Jones, Birmingham Locomotive & Rail
William Herzog, Herzog Railroad Construction
Peter McKenna, Skanska USA
John Cavanaugh, Electro-Motive Diesel Inc.
James Robertson, Illinois Steel Services
T. Boone Pickens, BP Capital Management
Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute
Jens Soeby, Vestas Wind Systems
John Krenicki, Jr., GE Energy
Michael Antal, University of Hawaii, Charcoal
Michael Lurvey, University of Hawaii, Charcoal
Bud Peterson, University of Colorado, Thermal Engineering
William Eucker, US Navy, Thermal Engineering

Western State Cavalry Desk

Regular Guests at Round-Table Discussion

Kent Whealy, Heritage Farms...Discussion Leader

Adm. William J. Fallon, USN (Ret.), Ft. Dan George, POW, Plantation Camp
Senator Jim Webb, Virginia, GI Bill, Chapter 31, "Vocational Rehab" for Veterans
Ms. Sally Spencer, BLM Wild Horse & Burro Program
Kyle Partain, Western Horseman Magazine
Tim Carroll, North American Horse & Mule Loggers Assn.
Wes Jackson, The Land Institute, Perennial Grasses, Plantation Design
Prof. Joseph Thomasson, Ft. Hays State University, Great Plains Horticulture

Distinguished Friends,

Here, once again, is the quota, by State, that I would recommend for the recruitment of 16,000, able-bodied, Level III & IV, Inmate Infantrymen

Colorado, 4.8 million population...1,770 Inmate Infantrymen
Idaho, 1.5 mil...553
Kansas, 2.8 mil...1,032
Montana, 1 mil...368
Nebraska, 1.8 mil...663
North Dakota, .6 mil...221
Oklahoma, 3.6 mil...1,328
South Dakota, .8 mil...294
Texas, 23.5 mil...8,666
Utah, 2.5 mil...921
Wyoming, .5 mil...184

The Infantrymen would come to the Western State Cavalry with an "80% Dowry" that would be caluculated in the following way...

Take the total cost of a State's prison system for one year...including admin & construction costs.

Divide that sum by the number of prisoners.

80% of that figure is what the State would pay the Western State Cavalry to look after each Infantrymen for one year.

While Level IIIs & IVs will always be more expensive to maintain than Level Is & IIs, healthy prisoners will always be cheaper than sickly ones...so the figures should average out.

Inmate Infantrymen would work a 40-hour week, & have the same food & medical care as Cavalrymen. On the down-side, Infantrymen would not be allowed visits, phone calls, cigarettes or matches. Communication with the outside would be limited to letter-writing.

Daily wages, if the work has gone well, would consist of a one-liter, carafe of wine.

On the up-side there would be no shackling, beating, tear-gassing or solitary confinement...mostly because the Cavalrymen would not be professional prison guards. Punishment, typically, would mean being sent back to one's orignial prison.

Prison compounds, the Cavalry "Forts", would be made up of arrangements of converted, shipping containers. The ratio of Cavalrymen to Infantrymen would be one-to-one.

A Cavalrymn, for protection, would carry a .38 revolver in a tanker holster...& a knife...& K9s would never be far away.

The work-week would be five days rather than six...mostly for the reason that as there would be no sex offenders or other protective-custody prisoners in the ranks of the Inmate Infantry, everyone would have to do his own laundry & take turns in the kitchen.

Back when I was a ranger & an officer in the Zambezi Valley my unit's dispensary consisted entirely of aspirin & cough drops...&, as that worked well enough then, I think it's worth trying once more. There would be no point, then, in prisoners with hepatitis, HIV or a drug dependency volunteering for the Inmate Infantry.

Inmate Infantrymen would wear bib-overalls & blue shirts/jackets...& their motto would be "Many Hands Make Light Work". Their principal task during the Fall & Winter months would be portaging 9-foot, timbers...(four-man teams equipped with piano-movers' slings shifting future railroad ties), from 200-yard roadside-margins to road in the Rocky Mountains.

Summer work would cosist of farm labor on any of twenty Great Plains Plantations. Railroad construction would be year-round.

Evening movies for Infantrymen & Cavalrymen would be a regular feature at Cavalry Camps.

My request to the Governors of the Eleven, Inland Empire States is to separate the volunteers for the Inmate Infantry, & send them to training camps for their new mission on the Western landscape. Rocky Mountain, State imates would be sent to logging camps to begin their, roadside, railroad-tie harvesting operations...while Great Plains inmates would spend their Spring & Summer months on agricultural projects. Texas Inmate Infantrymen would operate year-round in Texas, as Texas would be the winter home of all cattle from the Plantations on the other Plains States.

Five Authentic, Western Films I would recommend as required viewing in the Inmate Infantry training camps would be...

"Broken Trail", starring Robert Duvall, & Thomas Haden Church

"Buffalo Soldiers" starring Danny Glover

"The Last Days of Frank & Jesse James" starring Johnny Cash as Frank, Kris Kristofferson as Jesse & Willie Nelson as Honorary Cavalry Founder, General Jo Shelby, CSA...(the head of the only US Trans-Mississippi Cavalry that didn't slaughter bison, massacre Indians or contribute to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s.)

"Cabeza de Vaca", which is in Spanish...but still qualifies as a first-class Western

& the Biggest of All..."The Outlaw Josey Wales" starring Clint Eastwood & Chief Dan George

My favorite westerns are those that combine a history lesson along with high drama...& these five are sure to put Inmate Infantrymen & many a Cavalryman as well, in a good frame of mind.

So...to the Eleven Governors of the Inland Empire, I say "Thank you for any consideration".

Next Week...Something a Little Different

This e-mail campaign, so far, has steered clear of politics...& will continue to steer clear of partisan, political politics. However...this being a political season, next week's installment will deal with an issue I consider to be a personal challenge.

My specialty (Jeder hat sein Hobby), is the interpretation of cryptic texts...Shakespearean & Cervantean above all...but anything from passages in the Book of Genesis to "Harry Potter" to the fine points of our Constitution are likely to get my blood up.

The following, which is an analysis of a passage from Shakespeare's "Love's Labors Lost" taken from my book, "The Shakespeare-Cervantes Code", is a sample of my work...

A GARDEN IN NAVARRE

In Act One, Scene One of Shakespeare’s “Love’s Labors Lost”, there is a report of an incident in the king’s garden...”yclept” or “called” the king’s “park”.

The incident is reported to have taken place “north-north-east & by east, from the west corner of thy curious-knotted garden”. A garden, to be called a “park”, to begin with, must be a very large garden. It could not merely be a garden in a courtyard. A garden with a “west corner”, moreover, is one in a thousand...it suggests a square laid out diagonally.

In this case, however, the garden would not have a north-north-east-runing side (a north-northwestern side) but a northwestern side.

To have a north-north-western side the garden would have to have more sides than four. The incident being reported was that of a couple seen romantically involved in the king’s garden, for some reason “by east” of the “north-north-western” side of the garden...an unnecessary touch, it would seem, by an author not given to throwaway lines.

Academe has always assumed this garden to be a figment of the author’s imagination, located in French Navarre, ruled by the witty, erudite & famous, King Henry of Navarre, called “Ferdinand” for the purpose of the play.

There are, however, a number of problems identifying Henry with “Ferdinand”.

“Ferdinand”, to begin with, typically, is the name of a Spanish, not a Navarrese royal. The king’s father, moreover, is identified as“Charles”...while Henry’s dad was an “Anthony”.

“Ferdinand”, on all of four occasions, is called “the Duke”...& Henry of Navarre was never the Duke of Navarre. The reader who is a keen Shakespearean may agree with me when I say that if there is one area where the author never errs it is on matters of royal protocol.

During the Elizabethan era, there were, in fact, two Navarres...the kingdom on the French side of the Pyrenees & a something like duchy on the Spanish side. Original Navarre, Navarre proper, formerly called “Pamplona”, & before that “Pompaelo”, as it was founded as a Roman fortress by Pompey the Great in 69 BC, was annexed by King Ferdinand of Spain & ruled by a Viceroy until 1833.

The King of Spain during most of the Elizabethan era was Philip II, whose father was indeed a “Charles”, Charles V, &, who, when in Navarre, might well have been called “the Duke”.

The garden in “LLL” is almost certainly the garden enclosed by the pentagonal “Citadel” in Pamplona, Spanish Navarre...a structure built by Philip II in 1570. A thirty meter-wide military road running between the garden & the wall would explain very well why the lovers in the play would drift “by east” of the north-north-east-running road.

If this is so obvious. then, why does Academe seem so clueless?

My “Arden” copy of “LLL” has a bibliography containing 157 entries, none with any objection to Navarre’s garden being imaginary. The problem here, I submit, is the man identified as the author, “William Shakespeare”.

Not only is the garden described a real garden, but the author is letting the tuned-in reader in on a little secret. A pentagon with a “west” corner will not have a north”, “south”, or “east” corner. A “west” corner, in this case, is a unique compass point.

Between 1587 & 1604, Spain & England were at war...& “LLL” was published in 1598. Setting this bittersweet, romantic comedy inside a major, enemy, military installation, not to mention a royal residence, is wonderfully wicked! Clearly, only someone who had been inside the Citadel could have written “LLL”.

Now Stratford Will, 1564-1616, or any other English author for that matter, would have had to have seen the inside of the Citadel in Pamplona between 1572, when the fortress, with its garden, was first in place....& 1587, at the outbreak of the war.

In 1572, Stratford Will was a mere eight years old...& it would not be until 1590 that the butcher’s apprentice ever left Stratford. “Hmmmm”, you may say.

Exactly! To see what Academe has been missing during the past 400 years, try the web site“www.pamplona.net”...click on “street plan” or “Plano Callejero”.....activate the “hand” icon on the right...place your cursor on the lower left of the plan & drag it to the upper right...& there you are…the Garden in “LLL”.

http://mapas.sykgis.com/apps/animsa/mapas/mapas.asp?id_via=233&numerovia=0&nombre_fichero=geo1e13-pamplona&lite_provincia_geoc=Navarra&lite_municipio_geoc=Pamplona&centro=1

Next week I hope to present my proposal as to how four, distinguished Naturalized Americans & high-office holders...namely Panamanian-born, Senator John McCain, Kenyan-born, Senator Barack Obama, Austrian-born, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger & Canadian-born Governor Jennifer Granholm might all be eligible to become President of the United States should a small, antiquated line in the Constituion be replaced by one that is eminently up-to-date.

Section 1 of Article II of the Constitution contains the clause:

“No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Congress, in the course of an hour, might change "at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" to "for the past twenty years", making the aforementioned Four & many other Natualized Citizens as well, eligible for top job.

According to the Official Mythology, Senators McCain & Obama are already eligible for the office...but what I am saying is that if I can de-cypher a Shakespeare trying to be cryptic, I should be able to figure out the frame of mind of the Framers who were writing for one & all....& it is not even close. Neither Senator is currently eligible...& I will be presenting my bold solution to the problem.

Regards, David Yuhas, Boulder, Colorado

p.s.

"Our love of beautiful things does not make us soft" said Pericles of his Athenians...& out of the 16,000 Western State Cavalrymen, two dozen would be given full-tme to the business of trying to match the follwing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw

Where Inmate Infantrymen are not on the premises, as in this horse-dancing ensemble, female veterans would always be welcome in the Western State Cavalry.

p.p.s.

With all of the wine flowing at Western State Cavalry there is something to be said for setting up an In-House winery..."Chateau Husker"...subtitled..."When You're Not Allowed a Cork-screw"

p.p.p.s.

Don't miss next week's installment "Inland Empire". I can't wait to read it myself...& I'm the one who's going to be writing it.

David Yuhas
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Inland Empire, Part XXVI... "Natural-Born of Naturalized?"

Facebook.com/group.php?gid=32480220566&ref=mf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_locomotive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_rail

To Proposed Personages for TV Series, Inland Empire

Now leaning towards PBS

1. First Week, Colorado

Governor, Bill Ritter
Mayor of Pueblo, Dave Galli
Mayor of Colorado Springs, Lionel Rivera
Mayor of Denver, John Hickenlooper
City Manager of Greeley, Roy H. Otto
City Manager of Ft. Collins, Darin Atteberry

2. Second Week, Idaho

Governor, C.L. Otter
Mayor of Idaho Falls, Jared Fuhriman
Chairman of Ft. Hall/Pocatello, Alonzo A. Coby
Lt. Governor James Risch
Senator Mike Crapo
Congressman Mike Simpson

3. Third Week, Kansas

Governor, Kathleen Sebelius,
Mayor of Wichita, Carl Brewer

4. Fourth Week, Montana

Governor, Brian Schweitzer,
Chairman of Crow Territory, Carl Venne
Mayor of Billings, Ron Tussing
City Manager of Bozeman, Chris Kukulski
Mayor of Butte, Paul Babb
Congressman, Denny Rehberg

5. Fifth Week, Nebraska

Governor, Dave Heineman,
Mayor of Lincoln, Primo Santini
Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway
Senator Ben Nelson
Senator Chuck Hagel

6. Sixth Week, North Dakota

Round Table Discussion of State Issues

Governor, John Hoeven,
Mayor of Fargo, Dennis Walaker
Senator Byron Dorgan
Tom Brokaw

7. Seventh Week, Oklahoma

Governor, Brad Henry,
Mayor of Oklahoma City, Mick Cornett

8. Eighth Week, South Dakota

Governor, Mike Rounds,
Mayor of Sioux Falls, Dave Munson
Senator, Tim Johnson
Craig Ferguson, (Official State Celebrity)

9. Ninth Week, Texas

Governor, Rick Perry,
Mayor of McAllen, Richard F. Cortez
Mayor of Laredo, Raul G. Salinas
Mayor of Del Rio, Efrain V. Valdez
Mayor of Midland, Wes Perry
Mayor of Lubbock, Tom Martin
Mayor of Amarillo, Debra McCartt
David Stall, Corridor Watch
Jim Hightower

10. Tenth Week, Utah

Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Mayor of Logan, Randy Watts
Mayor of Ogden, Matthew R. Godfrey
Mayor of Salt Lake City, Ralph Becker
Mayor of Provo, Lewis K. Billings
Congressman Jim Mattheson
Ross Anderson

11, Eleventh Week, Wyoming

Governor, Dave Freudenthal,
Mayor of Cheyenne, Jack Spiker
Mayor of Laramie, Klaus Hanson
Mayor of Casper, Paul Bertoglio
Mayor of Sheridan, Dave Kinskey
Rulon Gardner

12, Twelfth Week...or "What You Will"

Great Western Railway & Great Plains Express Engineering Desk

Regular Guests at Round Table Discussion

Dwight Beranek, Railroad Designer, Army Corps of Engineers, Discussion Leader

Paul Copeland, Beatty-Balfour Rail Inc.
William M. Stout, Atlas Railroad Construction
Jeffrey M. Levy, Railworks Inc
Lorenzo Simonelli, GE Transportation
Carlisle, Jones, Birmingham Locomotive & Rail
William Herzog, Herzog Railroad Construction
Peter McKenna, Skanska USA
John Cavanaugh, Electro-Motive Diesel Inc.
James Robertson, Illinois Steel Services
T. Boone Pickens, BP Capital Management
Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute
Jens Soeby, Vestas Wind Systems
John Krenicki, Jr., GE Energy
Michael Antal, University of Hawaii, Charcoal
Michael Lurvey, University of Hawaii, Charcoal
Bud Peterson, University of Colorado, Thermal Engineering
William Eucker, US Navy, Thermal Engineering

Western State Cavalry Desk

Regular Guests at Round-Table Discussion

Kent Whealy, Heritage Farms...Discussion Leader

Adm. William J. Fallon, USN (Ret.), Ft. Dan George, POW, Plantation Camp
Senator Jim Webb, Virginia, GI Bill, Chapter 31, "Vocational Rehab" for Veterans
Ms. Sally Spencer, BLM Wild Horse & Burro Program
Kyle Partain, Western Horseman Magazine
Tim Carroll, North American Horse & Mule Loggers Assn.
Wes Jackson, The Land Institute, Perennial Grasses, Plantation Design
Prof. Joseph Thomasson, Ft. Hays State University, Great Plains Horticulture

Distinguished Friends,

When the United States Constitution was written in 1787, eligibility to the office of President, along with voting rights, were limited to white males...both "Natural Born" & Naturalized.

U.S. Constitution, Art. II, Sec. 1, Clause 5: The Presidency:

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States..."

Today, while eligibility for Top Job has been opened to all "Natural Born" citizens, regardless of race or gender, the door has been shut to "Citizens by Law", that is Naturalized citizens.

When the phrase "at the time of the adoption of this Constitution" was inserted, the Framers of the Constitution were bracing themselves for the return, with a vengeance, of imperial Britain, & were not prepared to have their Republic, won at Yorktown, lost through the electoral process.

By the early & middle 19th Century, however, those Naturalized Citizens identified in Art. II, Sec 1, Clause 5, were no longer amongst the living...&, since then, in this so-called "Land of Immigrants", Naturalized Citizens have become a kind of "Second Class of Citizen".

As US citizens born on military bases outside the United States are clearly "Category Twos"...US citizens only because their parents have registered them as such, the tendency has been to redefine "Natural Born Citizen" to include those & many other individuals not intended by the Framers as "Natural Born Citizens"

These, today, include the nominees from the two major political parties, Panamanian-born Senator John McCain & Kenyan-born, Senator Barack Obama.

Both, as "Category Twos" would have been eligible for Top Job in 1787, but not today.

This is because to change the meaning of anything in the Constitution requires an Amendment. One cannot, for example, redefine "the age of thirty five years" to mean "thirty years with the intention of becoming thirty-five in five years time". Replacing "Thirty-five" with "Thirty" calls for an Amendment.

Since the Constitution was written, a laundry list of Statutes as to what might qualify one to be a "Natural Born Citizen" has been issued, but none, as yet, given Constitutional standing.

"Natural Born Citizens" today, refer only to those born in the USA proper or the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico. American Samoa, Guam & the Marianas still do not have the gift of bestowing US citizenship on those born there...& the same goes for those born on military bases held in foreign countries under leases.

A proposed Amendment that I drew up a few days ago is one that would allow Panamanian-born Senator McCain, Kenyan-born Senator Obama, Austrian-born Governor Schwarzenegger, Canadian-born Governor Granholm & many other worthy, naturalized Citizens to hold the position of President. This Amendment, both very simple & entirely in line with the spirit of 1787, would replace the phrase "at the time of the adoption of this Constitution" with "for the past twenty years".

Since having written this proposed Amendment, it has come to my attention that a "Hatch Amendment" proposed in 2003, with the same "twenty-year proviso" for Naturalized Citizens as mine, is written more in the form of a proper Amendment. Mine, given my background as a newspaper editor, is written more as an amendment for newspaper copy.

Senator Hatch, moreover, is a veteran legislator, known to one & all on Capitol Hill, unlike Yours truly, currently known to almost no one east of the Mississippi...(& not many to the west of it either).

For this reason let me yield to the Senator from Utah & urge all US Senators & House Members to enact this Amendment before the November election, as it would make both of the leading Presidential contenders street legal...which, today, they are NOT.

Next week, with a bit of luck, I would like to demonstrate both why Panamanian-born Senator John McCain & Kenyan-born Barack Obama should be considered Naturalized & not "Natural-born" citizens AND why, opponents of this view have been so dismissive & devil-may-carish about it.

Bearing in mind the bad blood left over from the past two, closely contested elections, all we need now, if the Hatch Amendment is not enacted before this November, is the risk that over 90% of the votes cast may be invalidated...& that a Bob Barr or a Ralph Nader may be elected with less than 4% of the vote.

Since the departure of California from the "Inland Empire Concept", the original 12 shows in the proposed TV series listed above has been reduced to 11...with the 12th to be named at a later date.

The 12th program in the series, I have now decided, will be called "Natural-Born or Naturalized" & it will give the Presidential & Vice-Presidential candidates from all parties the opportunity to present their birth records to a panel of judges that might include NBCs Pete Williams, NPRs Nina Totenberg, Congressman Ron Paul, Judge Judy & not least of all, the potential "Abraham Lincoln of Naturalized Americans", Senator Orrin Hatch. Should his Amendment pass, I believe that the profile of the able Senator from Utah may well replace that of Honest Abe on the penny.

I would be suspicious of reports coming from the McCain & Obama camps that their eligibility of their men for Commander-in-Chief have been looked into by the legal experts on their respective staffs & okayed.

Bear in mind that the Supreme Court has never yet defined the term "Natural-born Citizen". Bear in mind also that what arguments have been put forth for the eligibility of both candidates, by Harvard Professor Lawrence Tribe & others have tended not to relate to the Constitution per se...but only to the worthiness of these two citizens to be eligible.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html

My thinking here is that if I wanted to live in a Banana Republic I would move to a place that offers fresh bananas.

What we are talking about here is what the Constitution Says...not what we think it Should say. If the candidates can document their Natural-born status, they should do it in public on the proposed TV show set up specifically for this purpose...& not just calculate that investigative reporters won't have the nerve to investigate the matter, & that the courts won't have the nerve to touch it.

Best regards, David Yuhas, Boulder, Colorado

p.s.

The following is something I wrote a few years ago...which I include to demonstrate my credentials as an interpreter of difficult texts. I hope you like it.

Noah's Mountain Barn

The world's first Empire, it is generally agreed, was Akkad...based in what today is Iraq, but extending well beyond the current Iraqi borders.

The Akkadian language was Semitic, related to Hebrew, & written in cuneiform. Around 2200 BC, the Akkadian capital, Agade, disappeared without a trace, its location, today, is unknown...& the Akkadian state, as one might expect, went under with it

The going theory of the disappearance of Agade & its Akkadian state is one formulated by Dr. Harvey Weiss of Yale, who claims that volcanic activity in eastern Anatolia (eastern Turkey today), caused a three hundred-year drought that brought down Akkad. What he has discovered over a period of about a quarter century of digging, is that Akkadian ruins are covered by a quarter inch-layer of volcanic dust, which in turn, is covered by a couple feet of silt...replete with debris, but devoid of worm holes.

The layer of silt, he believes, is the result of windstorms that occurred during the three hundred years of rainlessness...though how volcanic activity could change the regional climate for three centuries, he, himself, admits is a puzzle.

Another mystery of the overnight disappearance of Agade & the subsequent collapse of its state, is that this phenomenon does not appear to be mentioned in the Bible, even though the authors of the Bible were not unfamiliar with Akkad.

In my opinion, the Bible does mention the event, which is not a story of three centuries of rainlessness, but that of Noah & the Great Flood. The reason this has not registered with scholars so far, is, for one thing, is that they appear not to be aware that drought is an "edaphic", not a meteorological condition...that is to say that drought means only the soil is dry, not that it has not been raining...& if the ground is covered with fine dust, even if it is raining normally, a drought will persist...even for three hundred years.

If volcanic activity in eastern Anatolia caused volcanic ash to pile up in the tributaries of the Tigris...& if the area was then subject to a forty-day monsoon, the ash could then have impounded a huge amount of water. If the ash then became supersaturated & gave way, Agade, downstream, might well have been buried under a towering wall of mud.

That is one thing. The other thing, incredibly, is that the story of Noah & the Great Flood, seems never to have been carefully studied.

For example...having spent some time around both boats & barns, I think I can tell the difference between the two. The specs for Noah's Ark are exactly those of a barn, but nothing like those for a boat. The Bible never says that the Ark was a boat, only an "Ark", which as with the Ark of the Covenant meant simply a "box" or "container".

Knowing that, in the wake of the Flood, with everything Akkadian having headed southward & downward toward the Persian Gulf, why a wooden structure with a peaked roof might be found in "the Mountains of Ararat", that is to say, the "Upper Tigris" not "Mt. Ararat", is that is would have to have floated to some cubits above the highest point on earth, thus neutralizing the stream ...& then be blown northward to its high-altitude, resting place.

It should be noted here that the authors of the Bible who lived in Palestine, may never have seen a barn made of wood or even a barn with a peaked roof. They would, however, have been familiar with ships made of wood, & when these ships were in port & it started to rain, sailors would put up a tent over the hold, resembling a peaked roof. They could tell from an engraving on a clay tablet that the Ark was being rained on, & they could see waves surrounding the base of the Ark...& so they just assumed the Ark was a boat.

A close reading of the text will show that the Ark was a modular barn, based on a fifteen foot module, consisting of thirty one panels of "gofer wood". "Gofer", contrary to popular belief, does not refer to a tree species, but to "lumber"...that is to say "g", "f" & "r" refer to "length", "width" & "thickness", in Akkadian.

The lumber was sawn by conscript labor, with iron saws, which were in existence in the Upper Tigris a thousand years before what we know as the "Iron Age". The lumber was then hauled up to a flattened ridge located on the northern bank of an east-west running stretch of the Tigris, located, I believe, just east of Diyarbakir, which is in Turkey. With the aid of a helicopter it would probably take me two days to find the location of Noah's Ark.

Iron tools, wooden barns with peaked roofs, along with chariots drawn by horses instead of oxen, at this time, were innovations of European peoples related to the Hittites. A traditional Christian church called a "basilica", is based entirely on the design of an Iron Age barn. The "nave" up the center, was the threshing floor...with thresholds at either end to hold the grain in the barn when it was threshed. When the doors were opened at either end, the threshed grain would be forked into the air, & the chaff would be blown out the door.

The two sides housed the stalls for the animals. Barn workers slept on decks above the animals, & the heat rising from the livestock was kept in the barn by the hay mow on the third deck. This, exactly, was the design for Noah's Ark...earthen floor & all.

The Biblical Ark, I believe, was a breeding station for hoofed animals, especially war horses, but many exotics as well from Africa & India...& was the property of the Akkadian state, built under the direction of one Noah, probably an Akkadian prince who, at the time was a vigorous, seventy years of age...not six hundred (for goodness sake).

On a clay tablet that is somewhat worn down "20 x 3 + 10" might well be mistaken for "20 x 3 x 10"...which is how numbers were written in those days. I suspect that Noah was an ethnic Hittite.

When the waters receded, Noah may well have sent a carrier pigeon to Agade to see how things were doing at the capital, but when it returned with the same message that was sent out, the message was clear..."the number you have dialed is no longer in service"

The message of the Noah story, that the author's of the Bible could not resist, was that "righteousness makes one lucky"...& I'm not going to argue with that.

While I believe that the story of Noah & the Great Flood is a translation from a clay tablet, the original story, I also believe, because of a single line, was a first-hand account. When the Bible mentions that the waters of the Flood came not only from the heavens but from pipes in the earth, I am told two things. The first is that the observation was made in a mountain valley...& second, that it was made from a height, looking down on the water climbing the side of the valley. Anyone making this observation from the floor of the valley would not have lived to tell the tale. As the story of Noah & the Ark was told from the point of view of the Ark's location, I suspect it was a first-person account.

DY