PDA

View Full Version : FOX NEWS THOMPSON with RON PAUL SIGN behind him

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Gotta love that,they just showed Thompson on Fox walking with a Ron Paul sign behind him;) gotta love the irony;) :D

nullvalu
09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Gotta love that,they just showed Thompson on Fox walking with a Ron Paul sign behind him;) gotta love the irony;) :D

sweet.. :)

Johnnybags
09-04-2007, 10:18 AM
says we gotta hitch our britches back up? All I could think of was the good Senator from Idaho, do people really fall for these pearls on non wisdom?

themanhere
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Haha thats great! Buy that guy a beer!

I was watching MSNBC super tuesday and they haven't even mentioned Ron Paul! :mad:

constituent
this is what i've been talking about (w/ ghemminger yesterday) we need media rapid-response teams to get an rp sign in every shot.

maybe groups assigned to each candidate to get the word out on their travel schedule etc.

speciallyblend
We need to Get Thompson's appearance plans and forward to all meetups and Ron Paul supporters so we can show up in mass to everyone of them.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
What exactly are we to do, as a nation, to "hitch our britches back up?" "Tightening the belt" I understand. But how do we "hitch up our britches?"

LibertyEagle
09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
He's trying to act like the man of he people. The big fake! Driving to events in his little red truck, then when he leaves, quickly going around the corner and switching it out for his Lexus. The worst thing is, people are buying it!

Although some of his campaign staff protested the move as cheesy, they leased Thompson a red Chevy pickup and he hit the road. Cooper attempted to paint Thompson as phony, calling him a “Gucci-wearing, Lincoln-driving, Perrier-drinking, Grey Poupon–spreading millionaire Washington special-interest lobbyist.” But voters loved the truck. They didn’t seem to mind that the candidate often switched from a sedan to the truck just miles from his appearances. “We couldn’t believe anyone was buying it,” says Kopp. “We underestimated him. What we didn’t get is that Fred is the country version of a street kid. He’s been talking his way out of situations since he was in high school. He’s a charmer. People fall for it.”

http://nymag.com/news/features/34992/index3.html

More on Thompson and his little red truck.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/05/22/%E2%80%98fred-thompson%E2%80%99s-little-red-truck%E2%80%99/

JMann
09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE
I was watching MSNBC [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. You can turn the channel you don't have to watch that crap.

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 10:23 AM
this is what i've been talking about (w/ ghemminger yesterday) we need media rapid-response teams to get an rp sign in every shot.

maybe groups assigned to each candidate to get the word out on their travel schedule etc.

I know you have,im just repeating;) great work everyone.Who ever put that sign up,Great Job:):D

Johnnybags
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
What exactly are we to do, as a nation, to "hitch our britches back up?" "Tightening the belt" I understand. But how do we "hitch up our britches?"

but I am sure it registers with blue haired Fox watchers, probably focus grouped it with seniors with that new whammy machine that registers audience reactions. The political gizmototron.

LastoftheMohicans
09-04-2007, 10:38 AM

Scribbler,

Is that you with Gingrich? First George H.W. Bush, now Gingrich. You've come a long way!

AcidReign
09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Scribbler,

Is that you with Gingrich? First George H.W. Bush, now Gingrich. You've come a long way!

Maybe they moved a long way from her.

LastoftheMohicans
09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I hate to admit it. I used to like Fred but only as an actor. I liked him in "Feds" with Rebecca DeMournay. Fred was a Fed (FBI) in that one. I liked him the Hunt for Red October. And I liked him in "Law and Order".

jpa
09-04-2007, 10:51 AM
you like the characters he played (written by someone else). You didn't like him :-)

quickmike
09-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Well kids, all I have to say is get ready for the slew of soundbutes from Fred including "hitch our britches back up" , "that dog dont hunt" "git r done" and all the other down home "gee im just a simple man" type crap that comes out of his mouth. This is just the beginning. :D

LastoftheMohicans
09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
you like the characters he played (written by someone else). You didn't like him :-)

No. I liked his acting. For the parts I mentioned, he was very believable. Casting and written gets some of the credit.

As a politician, he's awful.

ghemminger
09-04-2007, 11:00 AM

This is a great idea!! pm THESE CANDIdates schedules and i will announce on "internet Air" also:

Thanks for Listening GUYS Monday....Voice got tired at the end of the hour - Things were prety informal - But with just 20 listeners - we could afford to mess around quite a bit....

This week is a test run...so I'm happy with just a few listeners - my kids almost set fire to the house while I was on the "internet Air" - I really enjoyed my tirade against Sean Hannitty and the other Neocon Talk Show hosts...I want to make that a permanent thing - so please post any dirt - pleeeeeese....

I will be discussing the Texas Straw Poll Wed. and the USC event next week....and anything AND everything, cuz there is ALWAYS something that comes up in this campaign...Drama FO YO Mama...

We are still working on taking calls - write now we are working through the chat feature on DJ's site...

I'm vacilitating between a NEWs show or an opinion show or maybe a combintation....also need some good "hooks" or taglines...and want to run some FREE commercials for ya'll.....so please submit....thks!

michaelwise
09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
I think I'd better hitch up my hip waiters, because the bullshit is getting very deep.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Scribbler,

Maybe they moved a long way from her.

I thought this one would have you guys ROFL. This was back in '93.

Johnnybags
09-04-2007, 11:09 AM
as well, he is for a strong economy, strong families and strong military. Gee, I do not now a person who is not? No particulars but he did say he will make strong families by telling kids to marry because the child deserves two parents. What a bag of hot air, yet the fools in the audience were eating it up? Are there really that many Lunesta zombies out there?

quickmike
09-04-2007, 11:11 AM
as well, he is for a strong economy, strong families and strong military. Gee, I do not now a person who is not? No particulars but he did say he will make strong families by telling kids to marry because the child deserves two parents. What a bag of hot air, yet the fools in the audience were eating it up? Are there really that many Lunesta zombies out there?

Always makes me chuckle when I hear politicians talk about how theyre going to make families strong. Like thats even possible for government to do. Amazing how so many people still buy into that stuff LOL

Johnnybags
09-04-2007, 11:21 AM
I think I'd better hitch up my hip waiters, because the bullshit is getting very deep.

Busy as a stump-tailed cow in fly time

Because poll depreciation is just around the corner.

paulitics
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Always makes me chuckle when I hear politicians talk about how theyre going to make families strong. Like thats even possible for government to do. Amazing how so many people still buy into that stuff LOL

haha. yeah I remember when I was 12, and watching Quale talk about family values at the republican convention, I asked my Dad the same question. How the hell is the government going to make our family strong? I recognized the BS at a very young age, and have been largely turned off by politics ever since. Its amazing grown adults think the government can help them with their morality. But then again the average person is not able to think for themselves these days. That is why RP is such a breath of fresh air, he injects common sense into the dialogue.

quickmike
09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
haha. yeah I remember when I was 12, and watching Quale talk about family values at the republican convention, I asked my Dad the same question. How the hell is the government going to make our family strong? I recognized the BS at a very young age, and have been largely turned off by politics ever since. Its amazing grown adults think the government can help them with their morality. But then again the average person is not able to think for themselves these days. That is why RP is such a breath of fresh air, he injects common sense into the dialogue.

Makes ya wonder why they call it "common sense" when actually its not so common doesnt it?

angelatc
09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Well kids, all I have to say is get ready for the slew of soundbutes from Fred including "hitch our britches back up" , "that dog dont hunt" "git r done" and all the other down home "gee im just a simple man" type crap that comes out of his mouth. This is just the beginning. :D

The other day, I saw a FT blogger writing about how tired he was of Ron Paul always quoting the Constitution and yammering on about history. This from a guy supporting a guy who drawls about pigs and lipstick?

Made me want to bang my head repeatedly into my desk. Hard.

quickmike
09-04-2007, 12:20 PM
The other day, I saw a FT blogger writing about how tired he was of Ron Paul always quoting the Constitution and yammering on about history. This from a guy supporting a guy who drawls about pigs and lipstick?

Made me want to bang my head repeatedly into my desk. Hard.

sounds like he was the one needing the head banging, not you :D

Madison
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM

Cool, but why are you watching Faux News?

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-04-2007, 01:18 PM

Doh! Busted!

Richard in Austin
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
So... I have to hitch up my britches, now?

There was something wrong with my britches, and nobody bothered to tell me?

Cripes.

Seriously, though, I'm amazed at how many people fall for Fred's BS: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/viewtopic.php?t=8556

Major kudos to whoever got themselves on the news holding a Ron Paul sign behind Fred. YOU RAWK!

LibertyEagle
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
So... I have to hitch up my britches, now?

There was something wrong with my britches, and nobody bothered to tell me?

Cripes.

Seriously, though, I'm amazed at how many people fall for Fred's BS: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/viewtopic.php?t=8556

Major kudos to whoever got themselves on the news holding a Ron Paul sign behind Fred. YOU RAWK!

I looked over at that website and I was happy to see some of our own there setting them straight on Fred's record. :)

Man, we've got to get to the gun shows in Texas to hand out that RP gun slim jim. Dr. Paul is a sure winner with these folks. We've just got to get the message out. If anyone is willing to man a table at one of these gun shows, I'll help pay for it.

speciallyblend
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM

i hear you pickin on me,but hey someone has to watch that crap so we know what is going on;) just watchin,but hey they at least showed his picture(Ron Paul) forgive me but someone has to watch faux news;) just to make sure their up to their usual lies . Ron Paul2008