PDA

View Full Version : Digg: Draft Jesse Ventura for POTUS 2012 Petition

libertythor
09-13-2008, 03:10 PM
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Petition_to_Draft_Jesse_Ventura_for_President_2012

Bruehound
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Never.

He is an intellectual lightweight and an opportunist trying to co-opt the freedom movement to satisfy his need for self agrandizement.

libertythor
09-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Never.

He is an intellectual lightweight and an opportunist trying to co-opt the freedom movement to satisfy his need for self agrandizement.

Actually to have him on a ticket with Gary Johnson would be great. His favorable rating is high and has great name recognition. Plus likely he could easily be the only candidate with executive experience.

Kotin
09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Never.

that is not true.. you sound like one of those stalwart Libertarians..

well look where your purist shit has gotten us..

Jesse Ventura would be a great candidate.. he can actually connect with the american people.
but further than that he has served his country, He genuinely distrusts and dislikes Government, He does not like the UN or the NAU.
I don't care if hes a truther, hes never said anything outrageous on the matter.
Jesse Ventura is just a regular guy who cares about his country, and like Ron Paul, and George Washington, he is a reluctant leader, which in my opinion is the best leader.

libertythor
09-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't care if hes a truther, hes never said anything outrageous on the matter.

Exactly. He like most Americans in polls knows that the whole story behind 911 wasn't told to us. Jesse has never come across as a radical truther that picks one theory and says "THIS is what really happened.". He just wants it investigated and the truth to be told.

Hence....truther.

powerofreason
meh

Kludge
well look where your purist shit has gotten us..

I don't think libertarian "purity" has a connection with disliking Ventura.... IMO of course ;) ;)

Kotin
09-13-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't think libertarian "purity" has a connection with disliking Ventura.... IMO of course ;) ;)

but its that same mentality.. you know what I mean?

nate895
09-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I am definitely not a pure libertarian, and I oppose Ventura on the grounds that I find him to be a lightweight intellectually, and he will only garner more people to the cause on the grounds that "Jesse Ventura would be cool to have as President." Which is the same grounds that many horrible politicians get elected, including Schwarzenegger. We would lose these people the minute Ventura decides not to run, loses, or leaves office.

mmink15
09-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I signed the petition and joined jesseventuraforums.com This doesn't mean that I am absolutely positive he is the right choice. But at this point, it seems that pursuing third party viability is the rEVOLution's pressing political purpose. So I will support all efforts to get any viable third party candidate ballot access. From what I've seen and read from Gov. Ventura I would not consider him an intellectual lightweight, and I doubt Ron Paul would have included him in the Rally if he wasn't a believer in Liberty. Time and research will tell on Jesse Ventura's ability to be a good presidential candidate, but the argument against him shown in post#2 is vague and weak too even consider. Certainly not enough to make me avoid signing the petition and doing my own research. Maybe I'll agree with poster #2 that Ventura is not worthy, but if I do I will have a strong basis for that and present solid arguments against him, not a FOX news style slander. We Ron Paulers should be able to rise above that and stay on policies, facts, and issues when deciding who deserves our vote. Education is the heart of this movement and our current marching orders are to support third party viability. So let's support third party viability and do our research about candidates before just saying, "No, I won't vote for him because he's stupid and just trying to make a name for himself".
Just my $.02