PDA

View Full Version : Granny News- Own a Piece of History

kittyc
09-13-2008, 12:16 PM
GRANNY WARRIORS
September 13th. 2008

Own a Part of the History of the Revolution !

In a effort to get out of debt and still retain the Freedom Wagon in tact for future use or just for posterity we have decided to raffle off the Wagon.

The Freedom wagon has been to most of the events that featured Ron Paul, been on TV numerous times, in parades,You Tube hundreds of times, in the News Papers, it has been a big part of the Freedom Revolution and the Ron Paul Campaign.The Freedom Wagon has been featured many times and seen by millions of people on the highways and at events making it one of the most visible signs of the time of change.

Raffle tickets are $20.00 each and the winner will receive a clear title to the Freedom Wagon plus a complete set of all the photos from this project, a complete history of the campaign and revolution, all the signed items in the RV from Ron and family members, Posters, books, flags and banners used all over the country.

We will not be using a chip in as we wish to keep your information private. There are too many people now copying email address and screen names on the chip in sites for their own use in marketing.

We need to sell 1500 tickets to pay off our debt.

If we do not meet that quota all money will be refunded.

We will try to get Ron himself to draw the winning ticket but that will probably not happen but we will find someone that is very visible and trusted to pull the winning ticket.

Once you are the owner of the Freedom wagon you may do what ever you wish with it, donate it to the C4L ? Sell it? Use it for your own purposes, what ever you wish to do with it there are no restraints on the owner.

The Freedom Wagon has thousands of signatures from all over the country, Alex Jones, Jack Blood, Rand Paul and family, Daughters, Grandchildren, PokerFace, the Mises staff, many politicians, entertainers, more than I can even remember.

The RV is in good shape, we have maintained it regularly, it has a new $5,000.00 transmission with only about 2000 miles on it, new tires, new brakes and has just been serviced ready to go on it's next adventure. We have not repaired the damage from vandalism or the little dings and dents from the campaign trail. We felt these battle scars were a good sign of what the campaign was up against and only added to the whole image of the wagon. We did replace the lens covers that were broken out for safety reasons. The Wagon was just inspected in the State of NC and passed all tests including the Smog control. In other words this RV is ready for the road and in good shape.

Help us continue to fight. We have another RV in Texas being painted for the Penny Langford Freeman Campaign for Governor of Texas and need to get on with it without the debt from the Ron Paul Campaign following us.

Drawing to be held on: November 15th, 2008

www.grannywarriors.com

grannywarrior@gmail.com

The future of this country is strictly up to us.

Anthony T
09-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I can't stand these old fools.

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Why?

Sandra
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I think the raffle is a con. I don't think she can legally do it as a non-PAC.

Hamer
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't see the point of this at all and you can't even see how many tickets have been sold which is probably none.

My money is being saved for the Chuck Baldwin fundraiser September 20th

www.buckforchuck.com

pacelli
09-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't see the point of this at all.

$20 per ticket x 1500 tickets = $30,000 "to pay off our debt". Seems like there is a very clear bottom line point to me.

newyearsrevolution08
09-13-2008, 01:43 PM
http://www.grannywarriors.com/mebetteron.jpg
http://www.grannywarriors.com/smme.JPG
why do people setup things like this and expect the grassroots to foot the bill?

they went on a year long trip and racked up a ton of bills and then want to raise $30k to pay down their trip?

Hell if it works like this then I want to raise some money to, I have a ton of debt that you all can help me with as well.

I love this part:

"Help us continue to fight. We have another RV in Texas being painted for the Penny Langford Freeman Campaign for Governor of Texas and need to get on with it without the debt from the Ron Paul Campaign following us."

Here is a thought ladies stop GOING into debt by going on trips YOU CAN'T AFFORD and ASSuming that the grassroots will bail your butt out.

brandon
09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper997/stills/pj463b1h.jpg

brandon
09-13-2008, 01:52 PM
rofl....i have a scientology banner ad for this thread

Hamer
09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
rofl....i have a scientology banner ad for this thread

HAHAHA I love that Brandonyates good job.

Kludge
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CMCY8dHG4MyLygEQ1AMYPDIIS9mmd-LFyrk (http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=B4Jq-2CrMSPq2BILSnAbX2JzOAcjQ51Kk2Mn1CMCNtwHwmzAQARgBIN _O5QM4AFD-lLLnBGDJnruJkKSgEbIBFW5zMi5yb25wYXVsZm9ydW1zLmNvbb oBCTQ2OHg2MF9hc8gBA9oBNGh0dHA6Ly9uczIucm9ucGF1bGZv cnVtcy5jb20vc2hvd3RocmVhZC5waHA_dD0xNTUzNTbgAQKoAw HIAwX1AwABAACIBAGQBAGYBAA&num=1&adurl=http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_virtuemart%26Itemid%3D77% 26page%3Dshop.product_details%26flypage%3Dshop.fly page%26product_id%3D3776%26category_id%3D875&client=ca-pub-7964806759732420&nm=4)

....?

Mark
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Pretty good deal. - $20 for a 1 in 1500 chance to own an RV in good shape. Might come in handy during an economic collapse.

Danke
09-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Pretty good deal. - $20 for a 1 in 1500 chance to own an RV in good shape. Might come in handy during an economic collapse.

If you can get that chimp ass smell to go away.

voytechs
09-13-2008, 03:06 PM
You guys are mean. These are very dedicated ladies and gents that have done termendous amount of work, organizing rallies, handing out literature all over the country. Real patriots. Give them some slack. I've donated monies to them in the past and I'm buying raffle tix. Don't like it, don't buy it but don't ruin their thread!

berrybunches
09-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I also think the replies are mean. If there are questions regarding motivation they can be discussed straightforwardly in a manner that is less likely to hurt feeling.
I know, this is the internet and we can't have feelings supposedly but come on.
Plus, so what if they want to turn a profit. I can't blame them.

I will not be buying a ticket btw becuase I am too broke.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe we should find out what Adam Kokesh needs and help him out with some $$.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 03:16 PM
I also think the replies are mean. If there are questions regarding motivation they can be discussed straightforwardly in a manner that is less likely to hurt feeling.
I know, this is the internet and we can't have feelings supposedly but come on.
Plus, so what if they want to turn a profit. I can't blame them.

I will not be buying a ticket btw becuase I am too broke.

Because you cant "sell" your personal vehicle in a raffle. You must be a PAC. How in heck are you going to submit the transaction to the NC DMV?

constituent
09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Because you cant "sell" your personal vehicle in a raffle. You must be a PAC. How in heck are you going to submit the transaction to the NC DMV?

in texas you'd just write the title (assuming a clean title) over to the winner.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 03:35 PM
in texas you'd just write the title (assuming a clean title) over to the winner.

You cannot make an act of donation if money changed hands, That's state tax fraud.

Sally08
09-13-2008, 03:36 PM

Sandra, as usual, you totally fail to supply any link to support your statement.

Do all the public school education and sports raffles require PAC setup? :confused:

A vehicle sale is a sale is a sale.

Certainly, all the DMV needs is a title transfer to the new owner, regardless of how that owner was determined.

We can donate our cars to charity, I've had a tenant's abandoned car towed off of my rental property (cost extra because I didn't have title), and we routinely sell our cars to the "highest bidder".

Wasn't one person even attempting to auction off his (super?) delegate vote on eBay? :confused:

Sandra
09-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I guess we have confirmation of something underhanded going on if Sally08 is in support of it. Sally your post was a flat out lie.

Sally08
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
How much damage did the *timing* of RP's ending his campaign do to *both* July grassroots events, the Granny Warriors Sturgis event *and* the March on Washington that *RP SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED*?

If RP is such a strategic thinker, is there a reason he *didn't* make his announcement on July 13th? :confused:

Or was the timing intentional, so that supporters had time to *cancel* their plans and change them to get to MN? :eek:

I had previously heard statements that the Granny Warriors had lost around $30,000 in relation to the Sturgis event.

Given all the (hundreds?) of hours put in to organize both grassroots events, I can't imagine how devastated (betrayed?) the organizers must have felt by RP's announcements and actions (including the announcement of the Rally that presumably harmed attendance at both grassroots events).

How much did you GW "haters" contribute to the financial *harm* of people who actually stepped up to *help*?

Why would anyone ever be stupid enough to do so again, given the various "RP gangs" online?

Those of you who supported the Granny Warriors, you don't have to "donate". Simply buy one of their products. Or buy a raffle ticket - if you win, you can turn around and sell the van online before needing to take delivery:rolleyes:

In this economy, what would *you* forum members do, if your months of support for RP suddenly culminated in your being in the hole $30,000 for honoring your event commitments? :eek:

Kludge
09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
If only Sandra & Sally would mud wrestle instead of argue.... The world would be a better place.

Sally08
09-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess we have confirmation of something underhanded going on if Sally08 is in support of it. Sally your post was a flat out lie.

I reiterate, Sandra:

Sandra, as usual, you totally fail to supply any link to support your statement.

Sandra, I dare you to prove that my post was a "flat out lie", particularly since Constituent already posted about his DMV, as well.:D

And my support equates to "underhanded"?

Sandra, I dare you to give any link from anywhere to support that accusation of yours.

Sandra, do you have any idea how little credibility your "gossip" statements have on RPFs? :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
09-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Sandra, do you have any idea how little credibility your "gossip" statements have on RPFs? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Sally. ;)

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/state-regulations.php

If you buy from an individual, ask for a bill of sale from that person as well. Although the DMV will calculate your tax according to the division's database of values, your bill of sale will still come in handy. It shows proof that you paid for the vehicle and also acts as a receipt.

I'm sure you will come up with why state regs. are in error in your view, but still feel free to choke on it.

Sally08
09-13-2008, 04:11 PM
You cannot make an act of donation if money changed hands, That's state tax fraud.

Sandra, as usual, your reply doesn't even make sense.

A person buys a raffle ticket and wins the vehicle. Where is the donation?

Are lottery tickets "donations"? Is the state of Illinois committing state tax fraud by giving *some* of the lottery ticket money to the lottery winner, while using the other portion for the cost of running the lottery? :confused:

Wouldn't the state tax be on the $20 "sale price" of the van? :confused:

If there are receipts to prove a loss of $30K, if the raffle brings in less than $30K, wouldn't the "hobby" simply not allow losses to be deducted? :confused:

And, just like delegate rules, I strongly suspect that these laws are very specific to each state-

So, Sandra, aren't your statements awfully assertive? Or are you a tax expert in every state, now? :D

Sally08
09-13-2008, 04:19 PM
http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/state-regulations.php

If you buy from an individual, ask for a bill of sale from that person as well. Although the DMV will calculate your tax according to the division's database of values, your bill of sale will still come in handy. It shows proof that you paid for the vehicle and also acts as a receipt.

I'm sure you will come up with why state regs. are in error in your view, but still feel free to choke on it.

So, the bill of sale is for $20, the price the winner paid.

On what legal basis would the DMV *ever* calculate a *higher* sales price than what was actually paid? :confused:

Do you understand how a raffle works:confused:

To all, also find out what should be done with the *license* plate of the vehicle you are selling. Illinois has a collection/destruction box at the DMV, so that the license in your name can't be used in a speeding/illegal parking/robbery/murder/whatever illegal.

Think of all of those video cameras "in the sky":rolleyes:

brandon
09-13-2008, 04:20 PM
if only sandra & sally would mud wrestle instead of argue.... The world would be a better place.

+1000

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:20 PM
The GW's have stated inadvertantly they are NOT a nonprofit. Linda has a misdemeaner conviction from raffle fraud already. She is again flip flopping and representing herself on this forum as a nonprofit.

http://www.gambling-law-us.com/Charitable-Gaming/North-Carolina/

constituent
09-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Linda has a misdemeaner conviction from raffle fraud already.

ewwww... that's gonna leave a mark.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
If only Sandra & Sally would mud wrestle instead of argue.... The world would be a better place.

Make it puddin' and you got it! :p

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:24 PM
ewwww... that's gonna leave a mark.

Nah, she admitted it. That was after she was stung for posting other poster's criminal records online on DP.

constituent
09-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Nah, she admitted it. That was after she was stung for posting other poster's criminal records online.

ahhhh.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:28 PM
ahhhh.

I edited my post to say it was om DP.

Sally08
09-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Sally. ;)

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, LE;)

And you forgot to say, "mod hat off":D

Didn't Josh himself post about *you*, "If you have a problem with me, kindly leave like a mature adult."

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1650641&postcount=40

I laughed so hard when I saw that! :D

Obviously, it would be a waste of time, as usual, to report Sandra's post as a forum posting violation, "I guess we have confirmation of something underhanded going on if Sally08 is in support of it. Sally your post was a flat out lie. "

And you wonder why I PM Josh and Bryan directly:rolleyes:

Was it you who previously banned Granny Warrior, a ban that was removed after admin review?

constituent
09-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I edited my post to say it was om DP.

i have to say that i'm glad to miss "the other half" of the drama.

wouldn't have known it was dp if you hadn't told me, so thank you.

tonesforjonesbones
09-13-2008, 04:38 PM
It all goes back to this issue of non profits. Schools and even the state lotterys are non profits. They can do these things. I know our state lottery is tied to the schools and education. Now, Sally, if the granny's want to do this they can by doing it UNDER the umbrella of a non profit...like Campaign for Liberty for instance...and pledge to donate a percentage of the proceeds from the raffle to the Campaign for Liberty...that way the non profit gets a cut. THAT is legal. I hope this helps out the grannys. This is how you can get around the law. Tones

Sally08
09-13-2008, 04:40 PM
The GW's have stated inadvertantly they are NOT a nonprofit. Linda has a misdemeaner conviction from raffle fraud already. She is again flip flopping and representing herself on this forum as a nonprofit.

Sandra, isn't this the same "fact" that Liberty Eagle challenged you to prove previously, which you were unable to do?

Bet I can find that thread here on RPFs or the thread (with no link from you, what a surprise) from DP on my hard drive:D It's the only way I can control blatant "mod censorship" for myself.

Sandra, I'm confused.:confused:

Why were you talking DMV and state tax fraud, but now you're talking about raffle fraud?

It's a good thing you're not a courtroom attorney:rolleyes:

tonesforjonesbones
09-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Ok...Campaign for Liberty is probably a 501 c 4...not a 501 c 3...that's not a good one. Do it for any organization that has a 501 c 3. Tones (cant do it for political campaigns either)

tonesforjonesbones
09-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I have done this myself several times. Tones

Sally08
09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
It all goes back to this issue of non profits. Schools and even the state lotterys are non profits. They can do these things. I know our state lottery is tied to the schools and education. Now, Sally, if the granny's want to do this they can by doing it UNDER the umbrella of a non profit...like Campaign for Liberty for instance...and pledge to donate a percentage of the proceeds from the raffle to the Campaign for Liberty...that way the non profit gets a cut. THAT is legal. I hope this helps out the grannys. This is how you can get around the law. Tones

Thanks for that information (I am *not* a non profit expert - have realized I never want to be:D)

The Illinois state lottery was passed as a way to fund schools, as well. (However, it may get leased to foreign entities as revenue for the state:eek:)

Unfortunately, the original issue Sandra strongly asserted was totally about DMV and state tax fraud, with no mention of the raffle status.:rolleyes:

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I have done this myself several times. Tones

That might just work.

I'm wondering why Sally is responding instead of Linda. Oh well I hope they're listening.

Danke
09-13-2008, 04:49 PM

I already have a copyright on that idea, pay up now or I'll sue your ass!

Danke
09-13-2008, 04:53 PM
If the granny wants to sell something, more power to her. I was joking with my previous post.

You people arguing about the tax consequence have no clue what you are talking about. It is a private sale and transaction.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
If the granny wants to sell something, more power to her. I was joking with my previous post.

You people arguing about the tax consequence have no clue what you are talking about. It is a private sale and transaction.

A raffle in most states is NOT a private sale. Google "raffle fraud"

Danke
09-13-2008, 05:03 PM
A raffle in most states is NOT a private sale. Google "raffle fraud"

Haha. Look closely to whom it applies. I know, not an easy exercise, but you will find, if you dig deep enough, they have no jurisdiction over private sales. Especially important is to look at the terms as applied in any code written. It is key. They are generally not common, everyday usage of the terms, but are legalese.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Haha. Look closely to whom it applies. I know, not an easy exercise, but you will find, if you dig deep enough, they have no jurisdiction over private sales. Especially important is to look at the terms as applied in any code written. It is key. They are generally not common, everyday usage of the terms, but are legalese.

OK, a RAFFLE is considered as a form of gaming, like BINGO. NOT A SALE!:rolleyes:

tonesforjonesbones
09-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I would have to say a raffle is gambling because here in Florida you can not call it a raffle. Well you can, but you can't "sell" tickets. It has to do with verbage...it has to be called donations. Tones

Sally08
09-13-2008, 05:20 PM
That might just work.

I'm wondering why Sally is responding instead of Linda. Oh well I hope they're listening.

Actually, Sandra, you really have not figured out my "pattern" or rationale for my posts at all:D

I think you've just accused me of being a professional troll (in another thread right now).

However, since I've been called a troll for BTM, for GW, (not for RB:D), for McCain, for ...., you again simply start to look silly, like a kid in grade school calling names:rolleyes:

Particularly, when people are in touch with me off-forum and know my credentials-

Why would Linda ever bother posting with you "on the prowl" in the thread??:confused:

Given the hostility of RP "supporters" towards anything the GW say and do, why would they have any further involvement with this group of people?

The actions of "tag-team" haters on RPFs are simply pushing grassroots groups into their own endeavors with no coordination among them as a "movement".

Will either RPFs or DP survive, then? Time will tell-

It will be interesting to see if anyone is left who will gamble on stepping up to any visible position, if this is the treatment they receive:eek:

Danke
09-13-2008, 05:23 PM
OK, a RAFFLE is considered as a form of gaming, like BINGO. NOT A SALE!:rolleyes:

You really didn't read what I wrote and have no clue to what I was getting at.

Sandra
09-13-2008, 05:40 PM

This is a very vague post. Explain what "you're getting at". Who is "they"?