PDA

View Full Version : Debate Attire

Green Mountain Boy
09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Message from Jim Forsythe of the HQNH meetup group:

If you will be going to the rally and wearing a Ron Paul shirt, make sure to have a change of clothes for the debate itself. They won't let in people with campaign shirts/stuff on. It's always a good idea to dress nicely to events like this so other people get a good impression. Also, it's looking like we will have a decent chunk of people inside, which is great news. Dr Paul will have friends in the audience, unlike S.C. Just make sure to be friendly to all the other GOP folks there so we can make a good impression. Also, a certain amount of reservation is expected from the audience, so we need to be careful to tone things down once we leave the rally and go inside.

constituent
09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
debate all the tires you want, but i'm gonna warn you...

it's not much different than talking to a wall..

oh wait, attire, not a tire...

sorry, i'm bored.

micahnelson
09-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I tried to debate a tire once.

It was a mess, he kept using circular reasoning. I told him I wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel, but he just saw that as retreading the same old ideas. I think I had the advantage where the rubber meets the road though, thanks in part to his inflated ego. You'll often find these types are just full of hot air.

quickmike
09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Ive debated a tire once. I said "sir, you have no traction in this debate, and youre full of hot air"

I waited and waited and got no response so I think I won.

edit - damn, ya beat me to it:D

nexalacer
09-04-2007, 08:55 AM
I tried to debate a tire once.

It was a mess, he kept using circular reasoning. I told him I wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel, but he just saw that as retreading the same old ideas. I think I had the advantage where the rubber meets the road though, thanks in part to his inflated ego. You'll often find these types are just full of hot air.

ROFL... you have an excellent skill with words, sir. Or ma'am.... Micah.... not sure on this one?

constituent
09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
just wait until randy checks in this morning.

nexalacer
09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Randy's pretty good too... but almost too good... sometimes I wonder if he's making up words! I guess I have simple tastes :p

Slugg
09-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Not to grandstand here, but it seems like the main point of the post is important. The world will be watching not only Ron Paul but Paul supporters. If we 'look' like typical Republicans, it may be just enough to bring over a few more fence sitters....just a thought though.

Cowlesy
09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
throw a brass-2button blazer on with a bow-tie and drink scotch, neat. You'll fit right in.

AFTFNJ
09-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey I am trying to gather the troops in NJ to take a ride with me..& we split the gas whose dwn?

billm317
09-04-2007, 11:14 AM
This is a very important thread, I think. Dr. Paul almost never gets on MSM, but he will tomorrow night. He needs every single bit of support he can get. It needs to be obvious who owns that place tomorrow night

If you're actually going to the debate, I'm guessing business casual is ideal.

quickmike
09-04-2007, 11:16 AM
If youre going, make sure you wear your best pantaloons

PennCustom4RP
09-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Not to grandstand here, but it seems like the main point of the post is important. The world will be watching not only Ron Paul but Paul supporters. If we 'look' like typical Republicans, it may be just enough to bring over a few more fence sitters....just a thought though.

While I can understand the certain decorum the debate wishes to convey, If all attending are dressed in the GOP corporate uniform, how will the world determine what people are supporting which candidate? If everyone is dressed the same, it will be easier for MSM to state that 'few' RP supporters are there, unlike as shown in previous events. To me this seems to be the reason they are calling for this dress code, to quell the visible support of RP.
So..if a jacket and tie are what is needed to gain entry, wear them, but be sure to have RP lapel buttons on, and RP shirt underneath.

constituent
09-04-2007, 11:37 AM
i'm with penncustomer, it'll probably pretty hot in there lol!

billm317
09-04-2007, 11:43 AM
While I can understand the certain decorum the debate wishes to convey, If all attending are dressed in the GOP corporate uniform, how will the world determine what people are supporting which candidate? If everyone is dressed the same, it will be easier for MSM to state that 'few' RP supporters are there, unlike as shown in previous events. To me this seems to be the reason they are calling for this dress code, to quell the visible support of RP.
So..if a jacket and tie are what is needed to gain entry, wear them, but be sure to have RP lapel buttons on, and RP shirt underneath.

and make some damn noise!