PDA

View Full Version : An alternative election?

RockEnds
09-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Is anyone interested in this suggestion?

There is only one way that these issues can get the attention they deserve: the silent majority must become the vocal majority.

This message can be sent to our leaders by not participating in the Great Distraction—the quadrennial campaign and election of an American President without a choice. Just think of how much of an edge a Vice President has in this process, and he or she is picked by a single person—the party’s nominee. This was never intended by the Constitution.

Since a principled non-voter sends a message, we must count them and recognize the message they are sending as well. The non-voters need to hold their own “election” by starting a “League of Non-voters” and explain their principled reasons for opting out of this charade of the presidential elective process. They just might get a bigger membership than anyone would guess.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/022773.html#more

RockEnds
09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I've been waiting for years for someone with some clout to make this suggestion. Now that it's happened, no one is interested? I think this is a fantastic idea--a r3volutionary idea.

nullvalu
09-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I think this has always been Rockwell's stance.. He doesn't vote...

RockEnds
09-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I think this has always been Rockwell's stance.. He doesn't vote... ever..

It's Ron Paul's speech from the press conference.

ShowMeLiberty
09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I think it's a good idea, but not right for me personally. Not yet anyway. I'd still rather vote.

nate895
09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
You understand that if you don't vote the just count you as stupid. They won't pander to us because they will know that we never vote, and therefore, why should they try to get us?

RockEnds
09-13-2008, 11:13 AM
You understand that if you don't vote the just count you as stupid. They won't pander to us because they will know that we never vote, and therefore, why should they try to get us?

Um, they don't pander to us anyway.

I agree with Dr. Paul when he says the election is a charade. I have for a long time. In fact, in 2004, I cast a write-in vote for "No Confidence." As far as I know, I was only able to get three other people to vote the same way, but it was a start. I have no reason to believe that GWB was ever elected by the people, yet he has served 2 terms as POTUS.

If people want to participate in the official electoral process, I would not discourage it. Elections were designed to facilitate the peaceful transfer of power. If their conscience mandates they participate in the electoral process in the hope that will happen, I think they should. I do not personally believe that is happening, however.

RockEnds
09-13-2008, 04:30 PM
bump for anyone who smart enough not to be afraid of being counted as stupid

MRoCkEd
09-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you think Lew voted for Ron Paul?

RockEnds
09-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Do you think Lew voted for Ron Paul?

I've no idea. These are not Lew's words. Click on the link. It is Ron's speech from the press conference.