PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr’s Campaign Manager Praises Bush and the Neocons

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Kurt Nimmo
September 12, 2008

It should be obvious to all who pay attention — and sadly, not too many do — that the Bob Barr campaign is designed to rend what little cohesion and unity there is among third parties and candidates. It should be especially obvious after Russ Verney, Bob Barr’s campaign manager, gushed all over George Bush, telling us that Bush “showed incredible leadership as he stood atop a fire truck amidst the rubble of the twin towers to rally America,” that is to say rally America toward a unitary dictatorship.

How is it this guy runs Barr’s campaign? Barr is supposedly a Libertarian. As a Republican senator, he voted for the Patriot Act, asked the neocon Newt Gingrich to “design a World War II-style victory plan to save America’s children from illegal drugs,” and voted for the Iraq Resolution that has resulted thus far in over a million dead Iraqis.

Some Libertarian.

And then, under the steady hand of Varney, Barr snubbed Ron Paul’s third-party press conference and held his own press conference down the hall. According to David Franke, editor of Third Party Watch, Barr had some snide things to say about Dr. Paul and his effort.

It should be recalled that Bob Barr was not only a Republican on good terms with the neocons before he was assigned to sabotage the Libertarian effort, but from 1971 until 1978 he worked for the CIA.

As they say, you never stop working for the agency.

But even more stupendous is the fact the Libertarians let this guy become representative on the Libertarian National Committee, representing the Party’s Southeast Region, and then allowed him to become the 2008 Libertarian presidential nominee after six rounds of voting at the 2008 Libertarian convention.

Is it too much to say the CIA now owns the Libertarian Party? At minimum, how can the Libertarian candidate for the presidency have a campaign manager that gushes all over George W. Bush? How are the neocons and the phony baloney war on terrorism – the war on the Constitution – compatible with Libertarian principles? Go figure.

It really is amazing how effortlessly the Libertarians were duped and sold down the river. It was easy as finding a whore on Saturday night in Soho.

Maybe the Libertarians deserve to be relegated to a footnote after all.

Malakai
09-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Though it is a terrible hit to the libertarian movement (not Barr himself but the disgrace these recent actions have brought to the LP), I can't really disagree with any of the authors points.

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 02:01 AM
The original link was posted in a different thread, but IIRC, this particular part of the article was excluded from the quotation posted in the link.

IMO, this was the most offensive portion of the press realease from BB :

Bush “showed incredible leadership as he stood atop a fire truck amidst the rubble of the twin towers to rally America,”

As someone stated earlier, Bush "led" our heroe rescue workers to their own deaths by" leading" our EPA to state "The air is fit to breath" when they knew damn well those buildings were basically "condemned" b/c of ASBESTOS. Then throw on top of that- something caused those buildings to PULVERIZE right in front of our eyes. Turn in to dust= God only knows what caused THAT. :cool:
Regardless of the answer to THAT, the fact remains is that the buildingsthemselves, and whatever the heck was inside those buildings, is what those heroes were breathing. This is why they are all dying. Rapidly.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Old news... all of it... Messages like this are entirely worse for unity than dumb campaign moves... Get over it if that's what we really care about.

TER
09-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Old news... all of it... Messages like this are entirely worse for unity than dumb campaign moves... Get over it if that's what we really care about.

No, you are incorrect. The OP was spot on.

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 02:15 AM

Old news is what happened two days ago, as well as "news" that happened on September 11, 2001?
Really?

You tell me why heroe rescue workers dying every day is "old news."

I'll be waiting patiently for your reply.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Didn't say it wasn't spot on. Bob Barr wasn't a libertarian. Russ Verney is not a libertarian and the statement about Bush's leadership was horrendous.

But... it's been brought up before... there's nothing "new"in this thread. And the author started off by complaining about how Barr was destroying unity. But then we forget that we still share way more in common with Barr than about 99% of everyone. This just completely misses Ron Paul's point from this week. :/

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 02:24 AM
didn't say it wasn't spot on. Bob barr wasn't a libertarian. Russ verney is not a libertarian and the statement about bush's leadership was horrendous.

But... It's been brought up before... There's nothing "new"in this thread. And the author started off by complaining about how barr was destroying unity. but then we forget that we still share way more in common with barr than about 99% of everyone. this just completely misses ron paul's point from this week. :/

i share nothing with barr. Got it?

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Didn't say it wasn't spot on. Bob Barr wasn't a libertarian. Russ Verney is not a libertarian and the statement about Bush's leadership was horrendous.

But... it's been brought up before... there's nothing "new"in this thread. And the author started off by complaining about how Barr was destroying unity. But then we forget that we still share way more in common with Barr than about 99% of everyone. This just completely misses Ron Paul's point from this week. :/

I think you are missing the point. The point is that Barr is not loyal to LP ideals, and that it looks like he was put there to sabotage the LP.

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I think you are missing the point. The point is that Barr is not loyal to LP ideals, and that it looks like he was put there to sabotage the LP.

It's clear to me. Ron Paul endorsed Liberty the day of the PC. Bob Barr chose to skip Liberty. *Some* say "he was given bad advice". Other's try every trick in the book to excuse him.
I hold Bob Barr accountable.
He made his own bed. let us see the lying.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:33 AM
i share nothing with barr. Got it?
So then you're saying you have a lot of philosophical disagreements with Ron Paul himself? If so, consider myself corrected, but if not, you're lying to yourself, plain and simple.

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
So then you're saying you have a lot of philosophical disagreements with Ron Paul himself? If so, consider myself corrected, but if not, you're lying to yourself, plain and simple.

Stop trying to equate Bob Barr with Ron Paul. There is no comparison.
That said, I have no idea what you are talking about.

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM

You are not making a reasonable argument, you are merely twisting words and deliberately misrepresenting what he said. Barr is no libertarian he is an infiltrator, that is why I also share nothing with Barr.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:38 AM
A failure of coordination/leadership to let that statement come out? Yes. Did he use to have different positions in a number of areas? You bet. But I've yet to see anything that definitively says he's lying to us about his conversion. Nada. It's certainly not in this thread. Which is why I say let it drop unless there's something new to be added.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Nothing presented here says Barr is an infiltrator. It's an unreasonable claim unless you're holding back the proof. Nothing here shows a thing other than a bit of incompetence and a change of heart.

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 02:44 AM
A failure of coordination/leadership to let that statement come out? Yes. Did he use to have different positions in a number of areas? You bet. But I've yet to see anything that definitively says he's lying to us about his conversion. Nada. It's certainly not in this thread. Which is why I say let it drop unless there's something new to be added.

I refuse to believe that you are honestly that naive. This was not a simple "failure of coordination".

revolutionary8
Nothing presented here says Barr is an infiltrator. It's an unreasonable claim unless you're holding back the proof. Nothing here shows a thing other than a bit of incompetence and a change of heart.

The onus of proof is on them, you silly little boy. ;)

revolutionary8
I refuse to believe that you are honestly that naive. This was not a simple "failure of coordination".

Total Barr troll/disinfo.

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 02:47 AM

I have more circumstantial evidence backing up my case then yours. I guess the only proof you would accept is if Barr came out and flat out said it, which is ridicolous to demand.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:51 AM
It's just weak circumstantial evidence (what's been presented here, at least). More realistically, you just can't expect everyone to be as perfect as Ron Paul. That doesn't make him the enemy.

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 02:52 AM
To anyone reading this; Consider the fact that we are fighting "the powers that be", consider the fact that they have shown these forums on national TV several times, consider the fact that silverbullet has only 8 posts.

These forums are no sanctuary, the information-war is happening right here right now.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:54 AM
It's funny you say that... I don't think I've been quite this worked up since getting booted off of RedState for being a "Ron Paul troll"... In either case, all I'm asking for is a strong, rational case be made, rather than all these seemingly knee-jerk reactions (and I know you see it differently, but that's how it comes across)

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 02:57 AM
It's just weak circumstantial evidence (what's been presented here, at least). More realistically, you just can't expect everyone to be as perfect as Ron Paul. That doesn't make him the enemy.
Weird choice of words here- who is "the enemy"?

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 02:58 AM
agreed on the word choice... an enemy, not "the" enemy

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 02:59 AM
It's funny you say that... I don't think I've been quite this worked up since getting booted off of RedState for being a "Ron Paul troll"... In either case, all I'm asking for is a strong, rational case be made, rather than all these seemingly knee-jerk reactions (and I know you see it differently, but that's how it comes across)

Nice emotional appeal with the red state story there.

You demand absolute proof that Barr is an infiltrator, which is ridicolous - could you absolutely prove that he is not?

Didn't think so.

As i said, the circumstantial evidence is on my side.

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 03:01 AM
agreed on the word choice... an enemy, not "the" enemy
lol. I should be more direct-
who is "an" enemy to silverbullet85?

I think we have one clue: This thread. lol

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Check my registration date... been lurking for awhile... Absolute proof is an unworkable standard. Give me absolute proof that Ron Paul himself is not an infiltrator. (Now I'm asking for it...) Get the point though?

The evidence is easily explained away, so unless and until further evidence presents itself, the only thing it is is a witch hunt... rather, an infiltrator hunt?... like i've said, few people have the integrity and consistency of Dr. Paul... Barr's not at that level, but he does a pretty decent job at spreading the word of liberty...

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 03:08 AM
This thread = enemy. Barr = not enemy, but had a really bad week.

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 03:14 AM
Bob Barr refused to endorse 4 major points central to our cause.

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

That's it.
Got It Yet? Probably Not. Let's just hope others do.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 03:18 AM
Woah. He made a horrible decision not showing up, but at the press conference it was said that Barr worked on and agreed to the 4 points. Now, if you know of something in there that he actually doesn't agree to, that's news.

RonpaulSupporter7777
09-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Bob Barr went to a bar off the barbury coast to bob for apples while leaning over a silver bar. :p

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Woah. He made a horrible decision not showing up, but at the press conference it was said that Barr worked on and agreed to the 4 points. Now, if you know of something in there that he actually doesn't agree to, that's news.
No, what would be "news" is that he has endorsed the 4 points. ;) It certainly isn't evident by the statements released on his blog and by his "mouthpieces" posted in this thread. ;)
Onus=YOU.

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 03:32 AM
No, what would be "news" is that he has endorsed the 4 points. ;) It certainly isn't evident by the statements released on his blog and by his "mouthpieces" posted in this thread. ;)
Onus=YOU.
Well, what was said at the press conference can be found on YouTube (links on DailyPaul), that he helped to work on the statement. If you go over Barr's issues statements, there's nothing in disagreement. I've heard all but a very few of the sentences in there expressed by Barr on TV/YouTube. Barr is there on all the issues in the statement, no doubt. Issues are what are important.

RPF should be a refuge from all the lipstick-on-a-pig type fights I get to hear elsewhere. Im not here asking for anyone to support Barr, but just to stop the dividing games that accomplish nothing and divert from what's important. Aka. the whole point of what Dr. Paul was actually saying!

revolutionary8
09-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Well, what was said at the press conference can be found on YouTube (links on DailyPaul), that he helped to work on the statement. If you go over Barr's issues statements, there's nothing in disagreement. I've heard all but a very few of the sentences in there expressed by Barr on TV/YouTube. Barr is there on all the issues in the statement, no doubt. Issues are what are important.

RPF should be a refuge from all the lipstick-on-a-pig type fights I get to hear elsewhere. Im not here asking for anyone to support Barr, but just to stop the dividing games that accomplish nothing and divert from what's important. Aka. the whole point of what Dr. Paul was actually saying!

Stop spinning like a top. Show me where he has endorsed the 4 points. Simple, Right?
What this thread is about is Bob Barr's backing of GWB's "leadership" after 9/11. Focus.
So many questions, so little time...

silverbullet85
09-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Stop spinning like a top. Show me where he has endorsed the 4 points. Simple, Right?
What this thread is about is Bob Barr's backing of GWB's "leadership" after 9/11. Focus.
So many questions, so little time...
With regards to the 4 points, he agrees with the points... but ditched the press conference and never "endorsed" them... so that was dumb and disrespectful, but it doesn't changes his beliefs on those 4 issues.

With regards to backing GWB's leadership... like I said, it's unexcusable. They were trying to fit the popular events version of the story rather and making political calculations rather than being honest. I'm not trying to let Barr of the hook completely, but there's nothing more to be said here, other than to distract from what's important. Go promote Baldwin for his positives or promote issues that need to be discussed or whatever is that you DO support, but there's nothing this is going to do other than upset people who do support Barr.

Focus... that went out the window about three hours ago :D

I hope you or anyone reading this does seriously consider what I'm saying for the good of the liberty movement. And now... I leave this thread... for good... and my own good... and hope that this is heeded so that this community can focus on constructive efforts.

CasualApathy
09-13-2008, 04:13 AM
With regards to backing GWB's leadership... like I said, it's unexcusable.

you said it :rolleyes:

rightofpeople
09-13-2008, 04:16 AM
All I really need to know is that, "He was an official with the CIA from 1971-78." (http://www.bobbarr2008.com/about/)

The CIA is a massively corrupt, military-industrial complex organization created in the post WWII era in the year 1947 to carry out covert operations against foreign states. Now that the Soviet Union has collapsed, the CIA should be abolished, but instead, the CIA keeps manufacturing wars around the world and creating global situations to justify maintaining it's existance - otherwise many government employees would have to retire without their 20-30 year pensions.