PDA

View Full Version : Government bailouts?

mstrmac1
09-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Bear Stears, Fannie and Freddie, Lehmen Brothers... Maybe Ford, Chevy...

Can someone explain to me how this works? Does congress vote on this? Who makes the this decision? Why dont the american people help to decide...? Help me understand!
Its our money.. Isnt It?:confused:

berrybunches
09-12-2008, 11:06 PM
We do help to decide by electing idiotic representatives to vote for us.

Yes congress votes on it. I know hardly anyone who believes in it. The problem we have right now in the country is that the people feel powerless.

mstrmac1
09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
We do help to decide by electing idiotic representatives to vote for us.

Yes congress votes on it. I know hardly anyone who believes in it. The problem we have right now in the country is that the people feel powerless.

Are you sure congress votes on this? Can you give me proof?

Indy4Chng
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
A lot of people support it, unfortunately. All you have to say... is this will help out all those people who got lured into bad loans. Or our economy will colapse without this... do you want to lose your job.

To not bailout takes guts... something congress doesn't have. :mad:

mstrmac1
09-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Somebody show me the day they voted on this? Please.

mstrmac1
09-12-2008, 11:24 PM
my research says it was not voted on...

danberkeley
09-13-2008, 12:24 AM
The Treasury is part of the Executive branch. It doesnt follow the Constitution.

idiom
09-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Congress Voted to give the Fed these abilities a long time ago. Same with the Treasury.

Congress *created* Fannie and Freddie.

TastyWheat
09-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I think Bear Sterns was a Fed bailout, they just gave them a loan. The Freddie/Fannie bailout was voted on by Congress though (H.R. 3221).

Micah Dardar
09-13-2008, 03:32 PM
This illegal theft by the government to bail out corporations needs to be prosecuted. All of the thievery and corruption must be brought to light, and those responsible must pay for their actions. This is really starting to piss me off.

Pauls' Revere
09-13-2008, 03:52 PM
This illegal theft by the government to bail out corporations needs to be prosecuted. All of the thievery and corruption must be brought to light, and those responsible must pay for their actions. This is really starting to piss me off.

Me too, does someone have a Grand Total for all these bailouts? including the stimulus package, bears sterans I, Mae/Mac, etc...any others I may have forgotten. Not to mention the pending (possible 50BILLION) bailout of the auto makers. Are the airlines next?

Another interesting theory I had is this. I've been wondering what would have/be the effect if all this money was actually used to pay off ALL personnal debt owed by ALL Americans? I mean there are 300 MILLION of us and they throw around TRILLIONS like its candy at a parade. What if it was used to pay off our credit crisis instead sort of hit the reset button so to speak. Companies still get paid and people get to start over albeit with more money in circ but its already in circ anyways. Any thoughts about this? I'm not for welfare but since thier in a giving mood why not just pay everyones bills instead? One time shot only.