09-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome :)

quickmike
09-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum.:D

How did you first hear about Ron Paul?

constituent
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
congrats... now you just gotta work on your friends and family and we'll have it made.

Slugg
09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Glad you made your way to the boards. There's lots of work to be done, so look around, find somewhere you can lend a hand, and roll up your sleeves 'cause we got work to do! :cool:

dsentell
09-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Welcome!

klamath
09-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Welcome aboard.

G-khan
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Warm welcome..

nullvalu
09-04-2007, 09:54 AM
congrats... now you just gotta work on your spelling

haha j/k..

Welcome!

cujothekitten
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it :)

Shiranu
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
*Cough* ... just got back from school, about to hit the sack... ok, abit about me and my Ron Paul stuff... mmm
*Epixz Sound Effexz lolz*
I am 17, am going to be 18 right before the elections, JUST soon enough to vote for Dr. Paul, I was introduced to Ron Paul through 1. Steven Colbert and 2. My Govt' teacher. Um.... my mom (adoptied grandma) is all I got left, and she is a strong Paul supporter (with my nudging into that direction), my real dad is Hillary 100% no matter what any one says *sigh*. At my school, I know of 8 teachers so far who all have Dr. Paul's back... besides that, the only real PReco. i've worked on giving Dr. Paul was posting "Who is this man, and why is he trying to fix my country?!" posters all over my school, which made alot of people start thinking... So yes, that is the Ron Paul-ed story of the life of a Texan from the largest-small vario in the U.S.A. (Aka Luling, Tx).

ghemminger
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the Revolution!

So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

1)There is no national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don't wait for instructions.

This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

2)Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.

Don't feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don't be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

3)Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family

Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don't overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?
A: He'll tell you.

4)Use your talents, abilities, and skills.

During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don't try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

5)Don't Forget the Basics

Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:
www.RonPaul2008.com
www.Ronpaulforums.com
www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com
www.freeme.tv
www.youtube.com Ron Pauls videos under the YouChoose '08 category

Mani
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
*Cough* ... just got back from school, about to hit the sack... ok, abit about me and my Ron Paul stuff... mmm
*Epixz Sound Effexz lolz*
I am 17, am going to be 18 right before the elections, JUST soon enough to vote for Dr. Paul, I was introduced to Ron Paul through 1. Steven Colbert and 2. My Govt' teacher. Um.... my mom (adoptied grandma) is all I got left, and she is a strong Paul supporter (with my nudging into that direction), my real dad is Hillary 100% no matter what any one says *sigh*. At my school, I know of 8 teachers so far who all have Dr. Paul's back... besides that, the only real PReco. i've worked on giving Dr. Paul was posting "Who is this man, and why is he trying to fix my country?!" posters all over my school, which made alot of people start thinking... So yes, that is the Ron Paul-ed story of the life of a Texan from the largest-small vario in the U.S.A. (Aka Luling, Tx).

Glad to hear teachers are on board. People think Ron Paul says "eliminate the dept of Education" and Ron Paul hates teachers. Yet the little feedback I've gotten, teachers hate "No Child Left behind" and think it's awful for kids.

constituent
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
no way!!! Luling!!! what's up Luling...

YT born and raised here. used to date a girl from Luling years and years ago.

welcome to the forum my friend and fellow texan!

Kuldebar
09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Noob! wrong forum section! zomg! wtfover?

LOL, welcome aboard.

CoreyBowen999
09-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow. Thats cool how you know soo many people who like Ron Paul. I live in this city which is in its own little bubble and thinks big government is cool.:(

constituent
09-04-2007, 05:54 PM
corey, city or town? sounds like austin, lakeway, round rock... something like that.

CoreyBowen999
09-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Ehhh technically we are part of Houston because they took us over. I wish we weren't part of it because of all these stupid laws they have been passing lately.

Shiranu
09-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Are you serious? Christ, some one else from LTX Area? Crazy! Then agian, Micheal Dorn (Worf) came out of Luling..hell, who knows... maybe I can get out of this ghetto. Slightly off topic, (AND THANKS EVERY ONE FOR THE INTRO! / love) but was it as bad back then as it is now? Anyways... Yeah, my grandma is a teacher, and she HATES the NCLB with a passion, + the depart. of edu. ... so to say Dr. Paul does not have the teachers at his side... ignorant :)

(ps. ps. I live in a city where 80% of the students are failing, and another 10% is on the verge of failing, so getting young people interested in the campaign is a lost hope :( but... how does political talk work in a lutheran church? :P)

CoreyBowen999
09-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Are you serious? Christ, some one else from LTX Area? Crazy! Then agian, Micheal Dorn (Worf) came out of Luling..hell, who knows... maybe I can get out of this ghetto. Slightly off topic, (AND THANKS EVERY ONE FOR THE INTRO! / love) but was it as bad back then as it is now? Anyways... Yeah, my grandma is a teacher, and she HATES the NCLB with a passion, + the depart. of edu. ... so to say Dr. Paul does not have the teachers at his side... ignorant :)

(ps. ps. I live in a city where 80% of the students are failing, and another 10% is on the verge of failing, so getting young people interested in the campaign is a lost hope :( but... how does political talk work in a lutheran church? :P)

this might be a stupid attempt but you could just say it simple like.. He wants to save you lots of money on taxes.?

blazin_it_alwyz
09-04-2007, 06:16 PM
welcome, good to have another person on this board who is younger than me

inibo
09-04-2007, 06:18 PM
"Who is this man, and why is he trying to fix my country?!"

That great. I'm stealing it.

Welcome aboard the Freedom Train, next stop America!

CoreyBowen999
09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
welcome, good to have another person on this board who is younger than me

im younger :p

Shiranu
09-04-2007, 06:20 PM
haha, I stole it, so I guess i cant complain ,even If I really wanted to :) The ones I found had his picture inbetween Who is this man - Why is he trying to fix my country