PDA

View Full Version : What is going on here?

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I've been gone for a month (laid off work, still no job) and things are going crazy? Can someone update me? Where is Kludge, Kade, and the others? What's happening here?

RockEnds
09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I've been gone for a month (laid off work, still no job) and things are going crazy? Can someone update me? Where is Kludge, Kade, and the others? What's happening here?

They were both here earlier today.

Bob Barr has his panties in a bunch and blames us. There are endless threads about it.

Sorry to hear about the job.

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
They were both here earlier today.

Bob Barr has his panties in a bunch and blames us. There are endless threads about it.

Sorry to hear about the job.

Thanks, I was a truss designer. No houses, no trusses. I'll live. We are losing our house too and my baby is due this month! Quiet a loop this year. We will make it though.

Back to Ron stuff.

What else is going on. I hear we are war with Pakistan?!?

freelance
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Well, it's been a stressful couple of weeks with the convention, the rally, the Bob Barr thing, Freddie and Fannie, the hurricane, the world generally going to hell, and yes, now Pakistan.

Apparently, Pakistan did not enjoy our little forays into their country. Imagine that.

I think that's about it. Did I miss anything?

Good luck to you with all you're up against right now, but with an attitude like you just exhibited, I have no doubt that you will weather the storm!

constituent
09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, it's been a stressful couple of weeks with the convention, the rally, the Bob Barr thing, Freddie and Fannie, the hurricane, the world generally going to hell, and yes, now Pakistan.

Apparently, Pakistan did not enjoy our little forays into their country. Imagine that.

I think that's about it. Did I miss anything?

Good luck to you with all you're up against right now, but with an attitude like you just exhibited, I have no doubt that you will weather the storm!

naaah, you've covered it.

don't sweat it iro-bot, all things pass.

dannno
09-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Ron Paul wants everybody to support a third party candidate and Bob Barr freaked out that it wasn't just him that Ron would be supporting. His campaign staff acted like idiots and now everybody hates him and a good portion of the forum is actually supporting Nader now (last thing I thought would happen, but I find myself doing so)

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Interesting.

Thanks for the support!!! I have a test for a job on Monday, the job is coding tax forms to convert to xml format. ( YAY taxes are recession proof!!) non-government job, but yes income tax is poopy.

Wasn't there a Palin love fest or something. I popped in one day and saw a million threads.

Crazy stuff going on in the world. I haven't been reading the news much. I guess I unplugged myself for a while when I was laid off.

Hmmm. I planned on voting Barr. I guess I still will. Doesn't really matter since it's a third party vote. Not like a had money to donate anyways HAHA!!!

Andrew-Austin
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Wasn't there a Palin love fest or something. I popped in one day and saw a million threads.

For a little while yes... But all the Palin lovers went into hiding once she proved to be a neocon, once she said we might have to go to war with Russia.

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
For a little while yes... But all the Palin lovers went into hiding once she proved to be a neocon, once she said we might have to go to war with Russia.

This forum provides excellent comedic relief. I missed all of you so much!!! :D

Natalie
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Congrats on your baby! Is it a boy or a girl? name?

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Congrats on your baby! Is it a boy or a girl? name?

IT'S A BOY! His name shall be Nathaniel James. He is due on Sept 30th. That happens to be my birthday! I think he will be early. It is so close. My wife is BEYOND ready!!!

hotbrownsauce
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Ron Paul wants everybody to support a third party candidate and Bob Barr freaked out that it wasn't just him that Ron would be supporting. His campaign staff acted like idiots and now everybody hates him and a good portion of the forum is actually supporting Nader now (last thing I thought would happen, but I find myself doing so)

I'm surprised at that statement... are you sure you want to do that?

VoteForRonPaul
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I hope you did not forget to file for unemployment! ;)

Natalie
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
IT'S A BOY! His name shall be Nathaniel James. He is due on Sept 30th. That happens to be my birthday! I think he will be early. It is so close. My wife is BEYOND ready!!!

That's so exciting!

RockEnds
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM

Oh, what a good day to have a baby. I had a baby that day also. :) Congratulations and happy birthday in advance.

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I hope you did not forget to file for unemployment! ;)

Hells yeah I did. I've put in enough money to get some back by god!! I qualify for the max which is like half of what I was making, but at least it is money. I have a baby soon. Now I need to come up with $680 for my cobra insurance for next month so the baby and my wife can have insurance...... I might have to cash out my 401k.

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh, what a good day to have a baby. I had a baby that day also. :) Congratulations and happy birthday in advance.

Sweet. I think it is a great day too!!!! Thank you!! :D

Roxi
09-12-2008, 05:23 PM
hey you could look into insurance adjusting, they are needing adjusters in texas, if you have construction experience you might be a shoe in... try http://www.pacesetterclaims.com

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:24 PM
hey you could look into insurance adjusting, they are needing adjusters in texas, if you have construction experience you might be a shoe in... try http://www.pacesetterclaims.com

I don't really have the money to pack up and move to texas. If I did, I would have a Truss Designer job easy. My former boss is now the Regional Vice President of Trussway in Texas. But thanks for the help!

UnReconstructed
09-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Someone explain unemployment checks to me. I was unemployed for about 5 months this past fall/winter but I did not file for any type of check.

freelance
09-12-2008, 05:27 PM

They cured themselves in short order, thankfully.

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Someone explain unemployment checks to me. I was unemployed for about 5 months this past fall/winter but I did not file for any type of check.

Uhm...I don't know how it works. I apllied and was approved. They said I have like $6 grand to draw from. *shrugs* its about $475 a week.....minus....taxes...(double dipping)?!?!?

UnReconstructed
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
So it comes from taxes?

devil21
09-12-2008, 06:40 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing! ;)

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 08:45 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing! ;)

It is a bad thing LOL. I am one of the few enjoy their antics.

Kade
09-16-2008, 08:39 AM
I hardly call bringing bleach to a petri-dish party of stupidity, antics.

Highland
09-16-2008, 08:41 AM
My husband and I will pray for you and your needs.;)

Thanks, I was a truss designer. No houses, no trusses. I'll live. We are losing our house too and my baby is due this month! Quiet a loop this year. We will make it though.

Back to Ron stuff.

What else is going on. I hear we are war with Pakistan?!?