PDA

View Full Version : Motion Within the LP to Remove Bob Barr!

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Looks like there's insiders in the Libertarian Party who are just as angry with Barr as we are. I hear this motion only needs to be proposed and seconded to be voted on:

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/motion-to-remove-barr-as-lp-nominee-has-been-written/

Despite the blackout by third-party media outlets sympathetic to and/or controlled by the Barr campaign, there is a serious effort under way to remove Bob Barr as the Libertarian Party’s presidential nominee. In order for the issue to be taken to a vote among LNC members, only one rep need make the motion and another second it. The motion has been written, and at least one LNC rep has expressed a willingness to make it. Below is the text of the motion.

REMOVAL MOTION

WHEREAS, Article 12, Section 5 of the Libertarian Party’s bylaws provide for the suspension of the party’s presidential candidate by the Libertarian National Committee; and

WHEREAS, said bylaws provision requires a 3/4 vote of this body;
BE IT KNOWN that Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party’s 2008 presidential nominee, is hereby suspended on the basis of the following causes:

- Failure to appear, with little or no notice, at a major media event to which he had been invited and to which he had committed to appear;

- Vicious public attacks by his campaign staff on the character and reputation of the event’s host (1988 Libertarian Party presidential nominee Ron Paul) and sponsor (Campaign For Liberty);

- The disrepute and discredit which the aforementioned misbehaviors have brought upon the Libertarian Party.

The committee advises Barr that he has seven (7) days to appeal this action to the party’s Judicial Committee. Absent a successful appeal, his nomination will be deemed null and void and he will be replaced as the party’s presidential nominee.

Andrew-Austin
09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
- Failure to appear, with little or no notice, at a major media event to which he had been invited and to which he had committed to appear.

Christ, its really not the end of the world. A stupid annoying blunder yes, but people are trying to turn him into a demon out of that alone.

Why not motion that Verney and Shane Cory be replaced instead. Though I am curious to see who the Libertarian party would replace Barr with this late in the game..

Menthol Patch
09-12-2008, 04:43 PM
This is awesome! Bob Barr deserves to be removed.

amy31416
09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Wish I woulda thought of that. :p

Johnnybags
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
and cannot raise funds with his record. Heck, Ventura would be raising more and drawing more press. If Barr held a rally 25 people would show up.

haigh
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Our slavemasters must be laughing their asses off at all this infighting, meanwhile men die in Iraq and trillions of dollars of prosperity are being flushed down government toilets.

It will be interesting to see if any of this hoopla has any effect on the 6% and 10% poll numbers Zogby is quoting for Barr.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Looks like there's insiders in the Libertarian Party who are just as angry with Barr as we are. I hear this motion only needs to be proposed and seconded to be voted on:

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/motion-to-remove-barr-as-lp-nominee-has-been-written/

Are you a card carrying LP member?

RonPaulVolunteer
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
and cannot raise funds with his record. Heck, Ventura would be raising more and drawing more press. If Barr held a rally 25 people would show up.

Not so sure bout that. Maybe 20. 25, pushing it.

Menthol Patch
09-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello Amy,

Do we have a goal for how many signatures we get on the petition before it is printed and mailed or presented to the LP?

Menthol Patch
09-12-2008, 04:59 PM
bump

amy31416
09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Hello Amy,

Do we have a goal for how many signatures we get on the petition before it is printed and mailed or presented to the LP?

Well, it's at 770 at this moment. I'll leave a specific number up to you guys. I think it could stand to at least go over 1,000.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Watch Amy dodge a question.

Amy, Are you a card carrying member of the LP? I bet you she won't answer.

Natalie
09-12-2008, 05:07 PM
I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Seriously.

Menthol Patch
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, it's at 770 at this moment. I'll leave a specific number up to you guys. I think it could stand to at least go over 1,000.

Lets try to push for a thousand signatures. Is that ok with you?

Andrew-Austin
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Seriously.

Heh, yeah just a little bit.

UnReconstructed
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
The LP will never be the same after Barr.

Menthol Patch
09-12-2008, 05:16 PM
The LP will never be the same after Barr.

Hopefully removing Bob Barr will be the first step in restoring the LP.

amy31416
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Lets try to push for a thousand signatures. Is that ok with you?

Fine by me.

itshappening
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
it would be silly removing him, infact, maybe that's what "they" want

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Watch Amy dodge a question AGAIN

Does she fear this line of questioning? hm

Menthol Patch
09-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Fine by me.

Please start a new thread telling everyone about this goal.

Roxi
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
so in order to be friendly to the LP cause, and in order to do any volunteering or donating i have to have a CARD?

that sounds like "are you one of us? show us your papers!"

sounds pretty nazi like to me

alaric
09-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Christ, its really not the end of the world. A stupid annoying blunder yes, but people are trying to turn him into a demon out of that alone.

Why not motion that Verney and Shane Cory be replaced instead. Though I am curious to see who the Libertarian party would replace Barr with this late in the game..

ummm, how about a great opportunity to replace him with Chuck Baldwin, thereby multiplying his chances to win!

IRO-bot
09-12-2008, 05:36 PM
ummm, how about a great opportunity to replace him with Chuck Baldwin, thereby multiplying his chances to win!

That's funny but I guess they are about the same in closeness to an actual libertarian. Chuck is way far from a libertarian because of the CP's strong stance of "America is Gods country" type stuff.

alaric
09-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Our slavemasters must be laughing their asses off at all this infighting, meanwhile men die in Iraq and trillions of dollars of prosperity are being flushed down government toilets.

It will be interesting to see if any of this hoopla has any effect on the 6% and 10% poll numbers Zogby is quoting for Barr.

our slavemasters inserted Barr as a mole in the LP! This comes by someone who was leaning towards Barr, due to not being able to vote for Paul. That's until he pulled this horrendous boner! If it gets Ron Paul mad, it gets me mad. Go Chuck Baldwin!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
so in order to be friendly to the LP cause, and in order to do any volunteering or donating i have to have a CARD?

that sounds like "are you one of us? show us your papers!"

sounds pretty nazi like to me

Thee LP cause is not the same as the LP. You can fight for the cause without being a member, but what right do you have to tell the LP how to operate, when you're not even a member? Remember, LP is a PRIVATE organization, not a government institution.

I'm defending property rights here.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
our slavemasters inserted Barr as a mole in the LP! This comes by someone who was leaning towards Barr, due to not being able to vote for Paul. That's until he pulled this horrendous boner! If it gets Ron Paul mad, it gets me mad. Go Chuck Baldwin!

Well said. We know for a fact Ron Paul is angry and upset about this. If he weren't, the CFL would've released some kind of press release by now to smooth over the confusion and warfare. There's no way they can't know about it by following these websites and their own comments.

alaric
09-12-2008, 05:42 PM
That's funny but I guess they are about the same in closeness to an actual libertarian. Chuck is way far from a libertarian because of the CP's strong stance of "America is Gods country" type stuff.

he may not be a strict Libertarian, but compared to Nader, Mckinney and mcbama, he's a lot closer AND he very actively campaigned for Ron Paul!

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Watch Amy dodge a question.

I am, does that make me more of a Libertarian? I know I get a tremendous amount of junk mail now asking for more money for a man I do not support and the attitude of the current leadership has really disappointed me. I do like the LP platform and do believe it is the right party with the right platform, I just hope it doesn't deteriorate due to arrogance or a political tactic gone wrong.

Did the LP get infiltrated by a Halliburton subsidiary? (Kellogg, Barr, and Root :p) Alot of us had suspicions about Barr early on and the LP 'higher ups' sometimes tend to think that they are smarter than everyone else to the point they sometimes try to exploit freedom loving people for their own personal gain.

There has been discussion about Barr being detrimental to the LP for awhile, but any dissent against the 'Lords of the LP' was ridiculed. example thread 7/3 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=145391)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
I am, does that make me more of a Libertarian? I know I get a tremendous amount of junk mail now asking for more money for a man I do not support and the attitude of the current leadership has really disappointed me. I do like the LP platform and do believe it is the right party with the right platform, I just hope it doesn't deteriorate due to arrogance or a political tactic gone wrong.

Did the LP get infiltrated by a Halliburton subsidiary? (Kellogg, Barr, and Root :p) Alot of us had suspicions about Barr early on and the LP 'higher ups' sometimes tend to think that they are smarter than everyone else to the point they sometimes try to exploit freedom loving people for their own personal gain.

There has been discussion about Barr being detrimental to the LP for awhile, but any dissent against the 'Lords of the LP' was ridiculed. example thread 7/3 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=145391)

I was asking Amy, not you. I'm defending property rights here.

You don't know the difference between 'libertarian' and 'Libertarian'. Sad, very sad.

RockEnds
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I was asking Amy, not you. I'm defending property rights here.

Amy told you she put you on ignore.

Roxi
09-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Thee LP cause is not the same as the LP. You can fight for the cause without being a member, but what right do you have to tell the LP how to operate, when you're not even a member? Remember, LP is a PRIVATE organization, not a government institution.

I'm defending property rights here.

well shunning people who are considering joining the LP, but testing the water so to speak first, isn't a good way to get new members

besides, were not all members of the GOP so why do we have the right to tell them how to operate either? it seems like anytime someone goes searching for the truth, they are told, you have no right, your not one of us? well maybe that person was searching for truth before they BECAME one of you

i would consider donating to the LP, and helping with the campaign, but i have no desire to "register" my name as a member of anything and so therefore i can't get a CARD, so i guess you guys don't want my help

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 05:48 PM
well shunning people who are considering joining the LP, but testing the water so to speak first, isn't a good way to get new members

besides, were not all members of the GOP so why do we have the right to tell them how to operate either? it seems like anytime someone goes searching for the truth, they are told, you have no right, your not one of us? well maybe that person was searching for truth before they BECAME one of you

i would consider donating to the LP, and helping with the campaign, but i have no desire to "register" my name as a member of anything and so therefore i can't get a CARD, so i guess you guys don't want my help

I'm not an LP member. I'm defending property rights here. :)

I'm 100% neutral ;)

TastyWheat
09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
At the very least I'm impressed they have the balls to get rid of a candidate when they feel he's not living up to their standards (yes, I'm looking at you Republicans). I think it looks bad on the party though, when they try to get rid of a candidate once he's been nominated over such a small infraction.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
At the very least I'm impressed they have the balls to get rid of a candidate when they feel he's not living up to their standards (yes, I'm looking at you Republicans). I think it looks bad on the party though, when they try to get rid of a candidate once he's been nominated over such a small infraction.

When will I see that McCain petition :rolleyes:

Nathan Hale
09-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey, so long as they vote to replace him with a candidate considered viable by the media, then I'd be all for it. Alas, I fear they'd nominate some radical radio host/author picked strictly for "purity" to the extremist edge of the libertarian portion of the political spectrum.

angelatc
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Wish I woulda thought of that. :p

My husband said he heard your petition being read on talk radio today.

Where is the rest of the Libertarian leadership? Are the Barr crew the only people left up top? Somebody needs to be doing some damage control if the party is to survive at all.

Has anybody considered that this is partially motivated by the fact that the Libertarians successfully torpedoed his reelection bid?

amy31416
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
My husband said he heard your petition being read on talk radio today.

Where is the rest of the Libertarian leadership? Are the Barr crew the only people left up top? Somebody needs to be doing some damage control if the party is to survive at all.

Has anybody considered that this is partially motivated by the fact that the Libertarians successfully torpedoed his reelection bid?

GTFO??

There is also, as I understand it, an internal push for this too: http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/09/motion-to-remove-barr-as-lp-nominee-has-been-written/

If they'd simply address this, I'd be much happier, but the Barr crew put out some very ineffective emails, if not even more damaging. So, I have no regrets.

If you read around IPR, you'll see there's some speculation that this is because of Barr's "torpedoeing" by the libertarians. Wacky stuff.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I want to petition Amy to answer the following:

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Well the First Amendment allows us to talk and have philosophic discussions about property that isn't ours right?

You don't know the difference between 'libertarian' and 'Libertarian'. Sad, very sad.

Mr. Big L, I do understand the difference between the the 2. Only the big L's can talk about the party, weren't L's just l's or did the L's buy and trademark the letter? The way you emphasize the "L" issue, Lord Joseph, is complementary to the tone the LP has at times especially with the lowly serf caste "l's" that have broken free of their bondage to the 2 party system thanks to Ron Paul.

Now Joe, I do agree with you mostly and have no idea who you or Amy are in the non-forum world, but sometimes you are a little too abrasive. I understand people get passionate over politics but sometimes passion can't be interpreted as something 'not welcoming'. (Not like you want my advice anyway, I know.) :)

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Well the First Amendment allows us to talk and have philosophic discussions about property that isn't ours right?

Mr. Big L, I do understand the difference between the the 2. Only the big L's can talk about the party, weren't L's just l's once upon a time or did the L's buy and trademark the letter? The way you emphasize the "L" issue, Lord Joseph, is complementary to the tone the LP has at times especially with the lowly serf caste "l's" that have broken free of their bondage to the 2 party system thanks to Ron Paul.

Now Joe, I do agree with you mostly and have no idea who you or Amy are in the non-forum world, but sometimes you are a little too abrasive. I understand people get passionate over politics but sometimes passion can't be interpreted as something 'not welcoming'. (Not like you want my advice anyway, I know.) :)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Mr. Big L, I do understand the difference between the the 2. Only the big L's can talk about the party, weren't L's just l's or did the L's buy and trademark the letter? The way you emphasize the "L" issue, Lord Joseph, is complementary to the tone the LP has at times especially with the lowly serf caste "l's" that have broken free of their bondage to the 2 party system thanks to Ron Paul.

You forfeited your "argument" when you began attacking me.

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Attack?

PatriotOne
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I want to petition Amy to answer the following:

STFU and quit spamming the thread asshat.

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
/bump

I hope the "lowercase l's" in the LP make it happen. Grab headlines, shake up politics, don't lose your best 3rd party status, do the right thing.

amy31416
09-12-2008, 08:16 PM
STFU and quit spamming the thread asshat.

I've already answered the question anyways. Apparently reading comprehension is lacking.

forsmant
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
The LP should push for moderating their positions to gather a larger segment of the population called the centrists. These people will be the easiest to bring into the LP.