PDA

View Full Version : Heard enough 'cult of personality' b.s?

acptulsa
09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Here's a rebuttal you might try. Tell them we're actually a cult of honesty and integrity.

ARealConservative
09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
cult of hypocrisy is more like it

TruthisTreason
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM

Calling me names? :D

nullvalu
09-12-2008, 12:44 PM

:confused:

Truth Warrior
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Here's a rebuttal you might try. Tell them we're actually a cult of honesty and integrity. :cool: Now, how about Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Kim, Castro, Minh, etc.? ;)

Truth Warrior
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cult%20of%20personality

RockEnds
09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
The only people who think it's true are those who think Bob Barr is better than Nader and McKinney. I think they have the cult of personality thing backwards.

acptulsa
09-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Calling me names? :D

Is there anyone on this forum that he hasn't personally insulted over the last three days?

I'd hate for anyone to feel left out... :rolleyes:

Rangeley
09-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Barr's campaign is suffering from a "cult of party," where any effort to spread liberty outside of the LP is seen as harmful to them. Paul giving props to 4 candidates who are right on 4 key principles angered them for that reason. They would rather have you think its a choice between the two main candidates, and Barr - they could care less about fairness towards third parties in general.

So they are throwing everything they got, including alleging that this is really all about a "cult of personality" - heaven forbid people take a principled stand that takes them outside the LP!

steve005
09-12-2008, 01:31 PM
heaven forbid people take a principled stand that takes them outside the LP!

LP?

am i supposed to know what LP means?

acptulsa
09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
LP?

am i supposed to know what LP means?

:D Only if you've been paying attention the last three days.

That is either long playing (if you're into old vinyl record albums) or, in this case, Libertarian Party. :)

jblosser
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Locally we started calling ourselves a Cult of Opportunity a while ago. We follow the path of least resistance toward restoration of Constitutional liberty, peace, and prosperity.

acptulsa
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Locally we started calling ourselves a Cult of Opportunity a while ago. We follow the path of least resistance toward restoration of Constitutional liberty, peace, and prosperity.

Another excellent rebuttal! I think mine more descriptive, but yours catchier!

Truth Warrior
09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Perhps the operative word is "cult".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cult

mtmedlin
09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Here's a rebuttal you might try. Tell them we're actually a cult of honesty and integrity.

I would agree if there wasnt a serious thread on this board about voting for Nader. I think cult of personality is about right. When Ron failed to lead his sheep went nuts and wanted to endorse everyone from Nader, to Kucinich, to gravel, to ventura, to Barr, and Baldwin. I think it pretty much showed that we arent really certain what we stand for and that this movement has more then a few cracks.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Bob Fubarr is a scam, and many Libertarians want to strong arm people into supporting their party the same way the Republicrats do. You'd think Libertarians of all people would know that's not going to work on the people who support Ron Paul. Bob Barr, out of everyone who was invited, was the only one who didn't show up and then had a big stink over it.

If Libertarians really care about their party and want it supported, here is what they would do.

1. Stop apologizing for Barr and stop attacking Ron Paul in an attempt to make Barr look better.
2. Announce that they would consider all votes as being for the Libertarian principles (and/or Ron Paul) and not for Barr.
3. Make a statement they will always go with principle as they move forward and not compromise away principles for a supposed better turnout.

Members of the Libertarian Party who continue to defend Barr's actions while attacking Ron Paul will only further distance themselves and bring about anger. They are beginning to remind me of the staunch Bush supporters, and that's not a good sign. The more Libertarians defend Barr over their own party, the less reason people will see to even help them get ballot access.

And before attacking me personally...

"Well-known co-founder of the [Libertarian Party]":
http://www.nolanchart.com/article4805.html

In my opinion, if Barr is the only option in your state, vote to support the Libertarian Party this time around, and keep a close eye on them to decide if it'd be wise to do so again in the future. I think they'd still get a lot of votes if they framed the argument this way instead of attacking Ron Paul. But if they'd like to bury themselves, that's fine too. Maybe it'd turn out to be for the best.

Truth Warrior
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
LP = GOP-lite.<IMHO> :p

ARealConservative
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Bob Fubarr is a scam, and many Libertarians want to strong arm people into supporting their party the same way the Republicrats do. You'd think Libertarians of all people would know that's not going to work on the people who support Ron Paul. Bob Barr, out of everyone who was invited, was the only one who didn't show up and then had a big stink over it.

If Libertarians really care about their party and want it supported, here is what they would do.

1. Stop apologizing for Barr and stop attacking Ron Paul in an attempt to make Barr look better.
2. Announce that they would consider all votes as being for the Libertarian principles (and/or Ron Paul) and not for Barr.
3. Make a statement they will always go with principle as they move forward and not compromise away principles for a supposed better turnout.

Members of the Libertarian Party who continue to defend Barr's actions while attacking Ron Paul will only further distance themselves and bring about anger. They are beginning to remind me of the staunch Bush supporters, and that's not a good sign. The more Libertarians defend Barr over their own party, the less reason people will see to even help them get ballot access.

And before attacking me personally...

"Well-known co-founder of the [Libertarian Party]":
http://www.nolanchart.com/article4805.html

In my opinion, if Barr is the only option in your state, vote to support the Libertarian Party this time around, and keep a close eye on them to decide if it'd be wise to do so again in the future. I think they'd still get a lot of votes if they framed the argument this way instead of attacking Ron Paul. But if they'd like to bury themselves, that's fine too. Maybe it'd turn out to be for the best.

I don't see people attacking Ron Paul, but I do so some of us questioning the actions of the C4L in blowing this debate wide open.