PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul at Press Conference: "Bob Barr is On His Way" - WTF!?

Knightskye
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4SYfaNWvAU

0:51 - "I understand Bob Barr is on his way, and will be here shortly."

Why didn't they tell Ron Paul he wasn't coming?

He later says (at 1:28 in the video), "The four candidates have agreed to these principles," so he acknowledges that Barr agreed to the points.

literatim
09-11-2008, 11:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4SYfaNWvAU

0:51 - "I understand Bob Barr is on his way, and will be here shortly."

Why didn't they tell Ron Paul he wasn't coming?

He later says (at 1:28 in the video), "The four candidates have agreed to these principles," so he acknowledges that Barr agreed to the points.

Bob Barr never told them he wasn't coming.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Russ Verney (Barr08 campaign manager) told Paul's staff Barr wasn't coming. Apparently, Paul's staff didn't tell Dr Paul this! from what I understand, this has been something of a pattern with some staff.

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 12:05 AM

They called half an hour before the event started. Don Rasmussen confirms that.

This is patently false. He was fully committed to attend until 30 minutes before when Russ [Verney] called Jesse Benton and said that Barr was out.

But at the start of the event, who goes up to the podium and says:
"We've got four leaders here today."???

Jesse Benton. Why would he say that, after receiving a phone call saying the opposite?

And isn't 30 minutes enough time to take a chair off the stage?

rockandrollsouls
09-12-2008, 12:10 AM
They called half an hour before the event started. Don Rasmussen confirms that.

But at the start of the event, who goes up to the podium and says:
"We've got four leaders here today."???

Jesse Benton. Why would he say that, after receiving a phone call saying the opposite?

And isn't 30 minutes enough time to take a chair off the stage?

This is correct. And, the person you are responding too, as well as many others, fail to note Bob isn't exactly calling all of the shots, just like Ron wasn't with various interviews and such. The campaign managers predominately do this....you can't pin it on Barr. The naysayers simply don't have enough information or are pulling it out of their asses.

jcarcinogen
09-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Barr said it was pointless and mocked Paul later on Cavuto.

Scotso
09-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Maybe Paul was being the bigger person and trying to help Barr save face? Too bad Barr couldn't take a hint.

RonpaulSupporter7777
09-12-2008, 02:38 AM
If Barr hangs on to Russ and Shane he has shown where his true loyalty lies.

CasualApathy
09-12-2008, 02:55 AM
This is correct. And, the person you are responding too, as well as many others, fail to note Bob isn't exactly calling all of the shots, just like Ron wasn't with various interviews and such. The campaign managers predominately do this....you can't pin it on Barr. The naysayers simply don't have enough information or are pulling it out of their asses.

You just pulled the "fact" that Bob Barr doesn't call the shots out of your ass. You have no way of knowing that and in fact we have heard from several people in Ron's staff including Jesse Benton that Ron WAS calling the shots, as they wanted him to keep a more busy schedule.

So you are actually trying to tell us that Bob Barr didn't have any input at all on weather or not he should attend a press conference that had been announced for a week in advance, arranged the man he apparently wants to VP?

Ridiculous.

idiom
09-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Barr failed to un-pin his ass on Cavuto.

That and Barr knew he was holding a counter-press conference.

Sandra
09-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Barr failed to un-pin his ass on Cavuto.

That and Barr knew he was holding a counter-press conference.

Yep, from Barr's own mouth.

Bradley in DC
09-12-2008, 06:01 AM

If that were true, how come the printed materials the CFL staffers brought omitted Barr's name and Jesse Benton manhandled Austin from the LP out of the room before it started?

Seems more likely the CFL staff were playing tricks on Dr. Paul. :mad:

Bradley in DC
09-12-2008, 06:03 AM

Yes, and Barr and Paul and Nader have all said that Barr agrees with the principles. So why does the CFL staff still continue to omit Barr's name from the statement on their website? Are they more interested in mischief or promoting Dr. Paul's agenda? :mad:

Minuteman
09-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Have to agree with you Bradley. Pauls staff all along have been shady characters. I dont think Barr's staff handled the situation well, and I think Barr was trying to do damage control on Cavuto.
I dont think some Libertarians understand that Barr really isnt out to secure your vote because he probably already thinks he has it. He is out to secure average American votes.

gls
09-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Maybe Paul was being the bigger person and trying to help Barr save face? Too bad Barr couldn't take a hint.

+1

nobody's_hero
09-12-2008, 07:20 AM
I read Adam Kokesh's take on Barr's no-show.

I have been hearing excuses from politicians for years now; I wanted an apology!

Hamer
09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Yes, and Barr and Paul and Nader have all said that Barr agrees with the principles. So why does the CFL staff still continue to omit Barr's name from the statement on their website? Are they more interested in mischief or promoting Dr. Paul's agenda? :mad:

EASY QUESTION : Barr never signed it but the other 3 did sign it. You don't add someones name to anything they refuse to sign.

Fact is Barr blew it and he knew damn well Ron Paul would not accept the VP position and Ron Paul made that clear months ago. Barr also knew he had no authority to take Ron Paul as VP on his own and this has been confirmed by the LP.

Barr also stated on Fox news that the press conference of Ron Paul was pointless.

This comes from David Nolan co-founder of the LP :

Clearly, Barr is not running as a Libertarian; he's running as an independent candidate: "Former Congressman Bob Barr." Which may be just as well, given the way he's been behaving.

Yesterday, Congressman Ron Paul held a news conference to denounce the two-party duopoly. He invited four alternative candidates -- Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader -- to participate. Baldwin, McKinney and Nader showed up; Barr did not. Instead, he held a separate follow-up conference of his own at which he tooted his own horn and "invited" Ron Paul to be his running mate. This was insanely stupid, for several reasons. First, because Barr has no authority to unilaterally change running-mates. Second, because it's a insult to Ron Paul, who is far better known and more widely admired. (Reportedly, Ron Paul and his top people are furious.) And third, because even if Ron Paul accepted the invitation and the Libertarian National Committee approved the substitution, it is too late to make a substitution on most states' ballots.

Adam Kokesh a true patriot was there and knows exactly what happened and is not C4L staff and retracted his previous endorsement of Barr and stated Barr failed the test of leadership and then retracted his previous endorsement of Barr.

This sums it all up EASY for 99% of us. Barr is out and Chuck Baldwin is in.

www.buckforchuck.com

www.baldwin2008.com

Bradley in DC
09-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Have to agree with you Bradley. Pauls staff all along have been shady characters. I dont think Barr's staff handled the situation well

No, none of the staffers seemed to have served their bosses well. :(

LibertyEagle
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Actually, Barr kept his foot firmly planted in his mouth, while on Cavuto, and the words out of HIS OWN MOUTH, affirmed that he agreed with what his staffers had done.

speciallyblend
09-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I have contacted the Colorado Libertarian Party. I have an email for contact asap.
If you live in COLORADO and you want to send a POWERFUL MESSAGE to the COLP/NLP, then please post here or im me in rpforums.
I have talked to the head of the COLP and he told me that every email would be sent to the leaders in colorado and national(UNFILTERED), so if your frustrated with the lp and barr,then this is our way to be HEARD AND SPEAK UP .
IF YOU LIVE IN COLORADO OR WANT TO WRITE A POWERFUL LETTER, THEN CONTACT ME ASAP.......
I have an email address but i do not want to post it here,but instant message asap!!!!! than you kenny

THIS IS 100% SERIOUS and our feelings are pretty much in line with many in THE COLP and NLP,so the time is now TO STAND UP AND BE HEARD!!!!!

NOTE TO FORUM MEMBERS,if you have something to say and you are not from colorado, and have something to say ,then im me as well

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Barr said it was pointless and mocked Paul later on Cavuto.

There's no Cavuto clip on YouTube, but it is on FOX News' website:
http://www.foxnews.com/video-search/m/20891752/out_with_the_old.htm

I disagree that it was pointless, but he still dismissed it rather hastily.

naga_warrior
09-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Barr also stated on Fox news that the press conference of Ron Paul was pointless.

Not to hurt anyone's' feelings but that press conference was pointless....I mean it isn't going to change anything. The non 2 party vote will be split between 4 or more people and it will not catch any ones attention. Nothing is going to change. Not defending barr or anyone, but splitting a pretty small vote(sense most people think non 2 party is pointless anyways) is only going to make it smaller. And you will be lucky if the msm even reports the numbers for all 4 of them. The only way to make an impact would be for an unified vote, and that isn't going to happen...sadly. I understand Ron Paul wasn't going to run, sadly he never wanted to win the presidency. But he should of at least tried to combine the vote, instead it is split even more.

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Not to hurt anyone's' feelings but that press conference was pointless....I mean it isn't going to change anything. The non 2 party vote will be split between 4 or more people and it will not catch any ones attention. Nothing is going to change. Not defending barr or anyone, but splitting a pretty small vote(sense most people think non 2 party is pointless anyways) is only going to make it smaller. And you will be lucky if the msm even reports the numbers for all 4 of them. The only way to make an impact would be for an unified vote, and that isn't going to happen...sadly. I understand Ron Paul wasn't going to run, sadly he never wanted to win the presidency. But he should of at least tried to combine the vote, instead it is split even more.

I agree.

speciallyblend
09-12-2008, 09:04 AM

im sorry your post is full of BS, first ofall if it wasn't for a 3rd party debate , i would of never been open to the lp harry browne message which helped open my eyes to ron pauls message, it all has an effect ,sorry there is no poll to represent me,maybe you should watch less msm bs!!!!!

speciallyblend
09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree.

i'm 100% proof that your wrong!!!

ARealConservative
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
I currently have no reason to doubt the meat of what Barr’s camp has said. The Barr spokesman says that C4L was so angry they threatened him professionally, and that is the behavior I see the C4L staff engaged in since the second Paul’s press conference ended….and actually before it ended.

Ron Paul appears to have no idea Barr wasn’t coming when we know his staff was given plenty of time to inform him of it. Why would they try to act like Barr no-showed? Don comes running here posting bad stuff even before the Barr press conference even began..

I can and do hate Barr yet still wish for him to receive 5% of the votes in November. The C4L on the other hand is acting in a totally different manner and seem to want to now diminish the votes he could receive, which matches perfectly with what Barr’s people said they were threatened with.

I think you people need to open your eyes a little wider.

naga_warrior
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
im sorry your post is full of BS, first ofall if it wasn't for a 3rd party debate , i would of never been open to the lp harry browne message which helped open my eyes to ron pauls message, it all has an effect ,sorry there is no poll to represent me,maybe you should watch less msm bs!!!!!

What bs is there in my post? Wow, I state my opinion that the press conference was pointless. (Which if you go back to before the press conference, many people said that this is most likely what Ron Paul was going to say and they all agreed at that time that it would be pointless) And you attack me because you don't agree with it. Sure some people's eyes are opened that isn't my point. My point is that things aren't changing by doing the same thing every election. Voting between 4 different 3rd parties, is the SAME thing. That isn't change. People will see a 3rd party get hardly no support this year and that will further the idea that 3rd party voting is pointless. If 3rd parties can't get a substantial percentage in a year like this...then people are never going to think that a 3rd party can win.

You can say, oh combine all the 4 parties and that is our real support. Guess what, no it isn't. MSM will NOT report it that way, and the average person will not see it that way. Also, even if people did see it that way, if we can't unite for this election how are we going to unite in the future....

Knightskye
09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
i'm 100% proof that your wrong!!!

Did Harry Browne debate other minor parties, or did he debate other Libertarian candidates?

I can and do hate Barr yet still wish for him to receive 5% of the votes in November. The C4L on the other hand is acting in a totally different manner and seem to want to now diminish the votes he could receive, which matches perfectly with what Barr’s people said they were threatened with.

Right. Even if he doesn't win, the next Libertarian candidate gets 100 times the amount of money Bob Barr raised. They'd actually be competitive in a presidential election. But people on here would rather make angry posts (filled with typos) about charging the LP headquarters with a torch or pitchfork. There are more important things.