PDA

View Full Version : Bob Conley mentioned in American Conservative mag

RSLudlum
09-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Pat Buchanan's American Conservative magazine gives SC Senate Democrat candidate Bob Conley very positive mention as a good conservative choice over Lindsey Graham(nesty)!!

American Conservative
Sept. 8, 2008 issue

"It's All Georgian To Me" (pg. 5)

excerpt

This year
South Carolinians have a chance to
dump Lindsey, and in the form of conservative
Democrat Bob Conley—a pro-life,
antiwar economic nationalist—they
have a very attractive alternative. Party
labels aren’t worth much these days, and
South Carolina’s conservative Republicans
should be just as willing as Lindsey
Graham to cross the partisan non-divide.
Whatever team McCain, Lieberman, and
Graham are on isn’t the conservative
side. Send them home to Georgia.

0zzy
09-11-2008, 09:25 PM
apparently he doesn't do much for them anymore besides allow them to publish his columns.
i'm also like, 8 issues behind. im kicking myself for it cause i love the magazine.

Cowlesy
09-13-2008, 06:01 PM
A guy from libertytreeradio sent me an email about Mr. Conley, and frankly, I'd LOVE to have him in the Senate as opposed to Lindsay Graham (who I absolutely despise).

$100 to Bob Conley from me.

angelatc
09-13-2008, 06:13 PM
For some reason I have extra money this week - I'll match you on that, Cowsley.

AmCon wrote a really good piece in him a couple weeks ago too, mentioning that Graham has to run against a Democrat that is far to his right. The head of the Democratic party there seemed ok with Conly. I think that they'd be happy just to have the chair marked "D."

Like Ozzy, I *love* that magazine.

knarfxii
09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Today and he needs more!!!!

Brian Frank

RSLudlum
09-15-2008, 06:11 PM
The last couple times he's been on the local Charleston radio, callers have been demanding that he tell them who he's voting for in the presidential election...Each time he refuses, saying I'm running for Senate and don't see any reason why it really matters....So some of the dem's may be upset that he's a former repub running as a dem, and some repubs are worried if they vote for him as a 'blue dog' dem, he may side with liberal issues once in Washington....I think that's one of the hurdles he has to overcome.

Flash
09-19-2008, 01:36 PM
This Bob Conley guy rules. I like this part of the article the best:

Bob is closing the gap with Graham. A private poll shows Bob at 40% — an increase of 8 points since I last wrote about him. Graham remains unchanged at just over 50%. Bob can win this race.